McCready's take on the Tuberville signing

Tiger1992

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, the article is a continuing rehash of the same old garbage. He references a "source" which we have come to know that whatever follows may just be the individual's opinion. McCready does not offer one single fact to backup claim of continuing friction between Tubs and other PTB at Auburn. Tubs and jacobs have said publicly that they are happy and the end result is what's best for Auburn. Do you choose to believe folks like McCready or Tubs/Jacobs. I choose Tubs/Jacobs in a heartbeat.

Hey guys, I'm new here and have been reading your great forum for a while. Last week, Neil was all but guaranteeing that Tuberville was going to Arkansas on the D and B radio show. I have come to the conclusion that he has no real sources on this matter and to take everything he says with a grain of salt. You guys have a good thing going here with some great posters.

http://www.al.com/press-register/stories/i....xml&coll=3

Interesting read. I apologize if this was previously posted and I missed it.

Thanks for the post. Best article/opinion I've heard on this whole thing yet.

Three out of 5 posters in this thread have the same avatars. It's confusing, show some originality.

Anyway, this article was garbage. The media poking at the embers left of the fires they started trying to get some more flames out of it.

All unsubstantiated nonsense.

Chizard you are absolutely correct; Neil is trying to cover his tracks from all the garbage he spewed last week. Great avatar, easily the best show on television.

Correctamundo. How about someone doing some actual investigative reporting and interview the players involved in the story. I've become 100% cynical about anything that starts with "A source close to the situation...."

You may as well be reading People or Us or Enquirer.

I can not believe how many of you think this article is crap. I for one, think there is probably a whole lot of truth in it.

To me, I just don't think CTT is an "Auburn man" - not like Dye and Shug were anyways. He's a hired gun in sense - just like all the rest of them. But maybe that's what football has come to today. Really sad actually.

IMO, the article is a continuing rehash of the same old garbage. He references a "source" which we have come to know that whatever follows may just be the individual's opinion. McCready does not offer one single fact to backup claim of continuing friction between Tubs and other PTB at Auburn. Tubs and jacobs have said publicly that they are happy and the end result is what's best for Auburn. Do you choose to believe folks like McCready or Tubs/Jacobs. I choose Tubs/Jacobs in a heartbeat.

All I said in my original post was that it's an interesting read.

I can not believe how many of you think this article is crap. I for one, think there is probably a whole lot of truth in it.

To me, I just don't think CTT is an "Auburn man" - not like Dye and Shug were anyways. He's a hired gun in sense - just like all the rest of them. But maybe that's what football has come to today. Really sad actually.

Where do you come up with this? Based on what? Articles like this? What about this article can you look at as fact.

As someone said before I'll take CTT & Jay Jacobs's direct words before any sensationalist journalist's.

All Tubs has said since day one is that he's happy, and that he wants to stay at Auburn as long as he can.

There's nothing he could say to make you happy, that much is obvious.

Chizard you are absolutely correct; Neil is trying to cover his tracks from all the garbage he spewed last week. Great avatar, easily the best show on television.

Where were you when I posted this and was left hanging?

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43852

as Hall and Oates would say..."No can do!"....

I'm pretty it's one dude. Holland Oates.

1555716025_27a379c91a_m.jpg

...Anyone? Wes?

Tubby just built a NEW house in Auburn...his kids have gone to school there for nine years, and reportedly (take with grain of salt) his wife loves Auburn. WHY would he want to leave??? It's all speculation by some low life reporter....

:au::homer:

Where were you when I posted this and was left hanging?

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43852

as Hall and Oates would say..."No can do!"....

I'm pretty it's one dude. Holland Oates.

1555716025_27a379c91a_m.jpg

...Anyone? Wes?

I skip the threads that are obviously for the mouth-breathing message board dwellers. This includes all discussions of BCS or ESPN shows.

For the record: It was an epic post, Chad.

Where do you come up with this? Based on what? Articles like this? What about this article can you look at as fact.

As someone said before I'll take CTT & Jay Jacobs's direct words before any sensationalist journalist's.

All Tubs has said since day one is that he's happy, and that he wants to stay at Auburn as long as he can.

Let me ask you a question - would Dye have handled this situation this way?

As for what would have made me happy is if right after the Iron Bowl CTT came out and said:

"I'm the coach at Auburn. I'm going to be the coach at Auburn. I'm not interested in any other job. Period."

Instead, he played games, gave his hollow remarks and let this thing fester. And worse off, it seems we go through this ever few years with him. I want a loyal coach and I don't think i'm asking for too much. CTT has been very good for Auburn but Auburn has also been very good to CTT. There was no point in all the nonsense we saw. If you want to believe there was nothing to all of it and that CTT and JJ word is gold then go ahead and drink the kool aid but I prefer to be an objective AU fan.

Parts of what Mcready said are right on.Some are not.The part about Tubbs hating AU is total b.s.

Some of you keep throwing up the word "loyal". Tubbs is a loyalty kind of guy.Just ask the assistants.Unfortunatly, there needs to be some loyalty on the other side(i.e. Jacobs).

As for what would have made me happy is if right after the Iron Bowl CTT came out and said:

"I'm the coach at Auburn. I'm going to be the coach at Auburn. I'm not interested in any other job. Period."

Instead, he played games, gave his hollow remarks and let this thing fester. And worse off, it seems we go through this ever few years with him. I want a loyal coach and I don't think i'm asking for too much. CTT has been very good for Auburn but Auburn has also been very good to CTT. There was no point in all the nonsense we saw. If you want to believe there was nothing to all of it and that CTT and JJ word is gold then go ahead and drink the kool aid but I prefer to be an objective AU fan.

If he doesn't want to be here, then why didn't he take the Arkansas job? Or the A&M job for that matter?

Auburn didn't really do any backing down with the contract they offered him. It's basically the same with two extra years tagged on.

If he's just a hired gun as you put it, then why hasn't he hit the road yet? You know full well, there are plenty of teams lined up to offer him more money, but he's happy where he is. Because he's an Auburn man.

Listen to what a bammer you sound like. Because he isn't a clone of Pat Dye, then he's not an Auburn man? Because he has a slightly different personality?

Sounds similar to why so many coaches have been executed at the other school in the state.

Not no, but hell no.

I "concur"...lol

Thank you. You have expressed this much better than I have on here.

There are no facts because it is a column not an article. A column is an opinion piece where as an article reports the news. Neal's opinion is partially based on what it takes to stir people up. As far as a source, McCready is good friends with a guy named Jimmy Sexton, other than that he has no other real source. I don't doubt that the issues Neal states are true, but at the same time I do not think they are nearly as strong as his column suggests.

This was a standard contract negoatiation. The Bama dominated media in this state mis-represented the story because six games in a row is lot of humble pie. They have to do something to help Bama because Tuberville is now within striking distance of Bryant's 9 game record and quite honestly there are no signs that Bama will end it simply by playing football.

If he's just a hired gun as you put it, then why hasn't he hit the road yet? You know full well, there are plenty of teams lined up to offer him more money, but he's happy where he is.

I can give you $6million reasons.

Archived