Division at Bama

Proud Tiger

So which is worse for a team:

"Pulling the weeds"/benching the riffraff early and losing games because you're undermanned with little depth, or letting the cancers continue to play--causing division and undermining morale and discipline--and lose games anyway?

I'm no coach, but personally, if I'm going to lose games either way, I'd rather take the high road and tell the troublemakers to hit the road. Also, I would expect a decent coach--certainly a $4 Million man--who starts in February to identify and deal with the troublemakers long before September and the start of the season.

$4 million can pay a lot of Bail Bondsmen. uat gets frequent flier miles too!

Just heard on the News ABC33-40 in Bham where two Crimson Tide football players have been arrested for assault and battery. The beat goes on and "it is what it is." hehehe

Why were the "weeds" not ALREADY "pulled"?....If, in fact, that is gonna' happen at all.

Tim, it is not sporting to shoot fish in a barrel. B)

When CTT came to :au: he weeded out some of CTB's riffraff. All we heard from the Tide guys was how unfair and sorry CTT was for runing off players that should never have been here in the first place. blah blah blah.

Now we see CNS, Football Savior to all who wear Crimson, finally running off the deadwood. Why wasnt this handled last preseason? I dont now, maybe some boosters had too much cash tied up in some of these clowns to matter.

another story from the Birmingham News

mash me

one thing that jumped out at me, a quote by Darren Mustin

"(But there are) some people out there that just do not care, and they will not care," Mustin said. "Those are the type of weeds that you have to pull out. You regrow and you rebirth."

still, not a blanket excuse for EVERYTHING that may have gone wrong this past season, but hopefully something that will be corrected in the off season.

Well.......What if your entire yard is full of weeds? What if it's the weeds that's holding everything together, kinda like some sort of Kudzu?

mash me

"(But there are) some people out there that just do not care, and they will not care," Mustin said. "Those are the type of weeds that you have to pull out. You regrow and you rebirth."

still, not a blanket excuse for EVERYTHING that may have gone wrong this past season, but hopefully something that will be corrected in the off season.

Well.......What if your entire yard is full of weeds? What if it's the weeds that's holding everything together, kinda like some sort of Kudzu?

We've gone from haiku smack to kudzu smack in only one season....

mash me

Kudzu - now that's funny.

Saban can't get rid of all the riff raff because they have names like Bryant Jr. and well Saban not to mention clubs of rogue boosters like the REC.

The bottom line is that every team is a reflection of their head coach's personality. There was never a more obvious example of that than the '07 Bama team.

They were what he is.

Archived