Division at Bama

Proud Tiger

Rumors of discension at bama were going around at the end of the season. The bama faithful spun it as Auburn fans spreading false info before the IB. But now the truth comes out.

www.al.com

See Huntsville Times/Sports and article "Division Subtracts from Tide."

Seems as if some of the players never bought into Saban's "process." )Note that the author ids the bama beat writer.) It is what it is.

There is also an interesting article there on this year's BCS voting.

Rumors of discension at bama were going around at the end of the season. The bama faithful spun it as Auburn fans spreading false info before the IB. But now the truth comes out.

www.al.com

Seems as if some of the players never bought into Saban's "process." )Note that the author ids the bama beat writer.) It is what it is.

well, there was a lengthy thread here where i was basically laughed off of the board for saying the same thing that article said. i haven't seen where anybody was trying to spin that as AU trying to mess with our heads before the IB (although i wouldn't discount it either). the info came from an alumni that is fairly connected to the program that there was division on the team between those who wanted to win and buy into what CNS was selling, then another clique that just wanted to do what they want whenever they want.

So....players don't buy into his system and that is why bammer went 6-6? I guess coaches wins games but players lose games?

There is no "I" in "TEAM," but there definitely is an "I" in "SABAN."

The only problem with this article is this quote:

"Now I believe that as the season went on, a lot more people bought into it."

Well....as the season went on, the team got worse and worse, losing their last 4 games, including ULM and Miss State.

I am calling BS on this "explanation" of the problem. I think Saban has lost it. He knows he just has to stay there 2.8 years, and he is taking these bammers like a scam artist in a nursing home.

Could the article be titled "The PAUL GATTIS spin on the future is bright cause Nick is here but he still has to deal with Shula's mess" ?

Also, receivers Keith Brown and DJ Hall and linebacker Prince Hall - all starters or former starters - were suspended at various points of the season

Be it a couple of games or a couple of quarters. ;)

Also, receivers Keith Brown and DJ Hall and linebacker Prince Hall - all starters or former starters - were suspended at various points of the season

Note Saban also taking credit for the "Bookgate" suspensions.

www.al.com

well, there was a lengthy thread here where i was basically laughed off of the board for saying the same thing that article said. i haven't seen where anybody was trying to spin that as AU trying to mess with our heads before the IB (although i wouldn't discount it either). the info came from an alumni that is fairly connected to the program that there was division on the team between those who wanted to win and buy into what CNS was selling, then another clique that just wanted to do what they want whenever they want.

Doesn't leadership START at the top? I guess "it is what it is". B)

I honestly don't remember hearing that Brown was ever suspended.

It really sucks though that Hall's 1st half suspension in the ULM game caused them to lose to FSU, Georgia, LSU, MSU and Auburn.

As a Famous UAT Player once said.....Stupid is as Stupid Does sir

It really sucks though that Hall's 1st half suspension in the ULM game caused them to lose to FSU, Georgia, LSU, MSU and Auburn.

Brown was suspended for the monumental match up against Western Carolina. But none of the guys arrested in the off-season were suspended. :blink:

Brown was suspended for the monumental match up against Western Carolina. But none of the guys arrested in the off-season were suspended. :blink:

Because they didn't really disrupt the process. Well, maybe for an hour or two in the offseason. We all know that doesn't count...

There's an excuse for every freakin' thing that's wrong with Alabama this year. What RWS and BG don't get, is that it all still equates to poor leadership, poor performance, and a poor outlook at this point for the future.

According to them, we should just buck the whole idea of judging on what's in front of us, but instead listen to their spin and how they're right.

You can say it how you want to:

Bama has some challenges.

Bama is an yet, another transitional period.

It's just the start in a process.

It is what it is.

Saban is a disciplinarian that only needs time to instill his values into the young men at Alabama.

OR...

Bama has more problems than a run over dog.

Bama is in their 9th transitional period in the last 10 years. We look forward to the 10th next season.

It's always going to be a process with the people involved with the bammer programs.

It IN FACT, is what it is.

Saban is a failure so far as a disciplinarian, that allowed players to quit on him all season, and then watched it get worse towards the end of the year.

How do you think Auburn people see it Bama? How SHOULD we see it BG, RWS???? Please tell us, and show us the light....

Think about it. Their football program is kind of like Legion Field. It is a dump and in shambles. Yet, when bammer fans walk in there they hear the roar of crowds past, and see only the past glories and dream of those times, totally ignoring the facts that are in front of their faces.

They should be PISSED that Saban does not have more control of those players, yet they tout him as a "strict disciplinarian" when few punishments are handed out and the ones that are are a joke...and EVEN THEN, we have seen him not follow through by lifting suspensions at half-time when they were losing. There is no reason for a grown man making $4 million a year to make excuses about why he can't get a bunch of kids to perform.

Bammer fans take note......this AIN'T going away in a year. This AIN'T going away under this coach.

I guess you can now spell La-Monroe "U-A-T" ! ! !

I just dont have time to do this thread justice.

Saban suspended players and that cost them wins? Really?

Saban didnt suspend the the bunch arrsted on The Strip from last Summer. Why?

So, if Saban is the real diciplinarian he is supposed to be, why didnt the Strip guys get suspended? Why was Hall's only .5 games long?

Are they telling us that they shoud have won more, or even fewer games? I dont get this. We will never get this.

For four years, we were told Shula was "recruiting lights out!"

Then we were told there was no talent on the team.

We are told that Saban is a great leader and disciplinarian.

Now we see that he really isnt either and that bama could have won more and/or could have won less.

Just a reminder that Blackmon and Sears missed 6 games last year on suspension. I guess it really isnt a hard decision when you have some class and character, like CTT.

another story from the Birmingham News

mash me

one thing that jumped out at me, a quote by Darren Mustin

"(But there are) some people out there that just do not care, and they will not care," Mustin said. "Those are the type of weeds that you have to pull out. You regrow and you rebirth."

still, not a blanket excuse for EVERYTHING that may have gone wrong this past season, but hopefully something that will be corrected in the off season.

mash me

"(But there are) some people out there that just do not care, and they will not care," Mustin said. "Those are the type of weeds that you have to pull out. You regrow and you rebirth."

still, not a blanket excuse for EVERYTHING that may have gone wrong this past season, but hopefully something that will be corrected in the off season.

Once again, leadership starts at the top. B)

mash me

Once again, leadership starts at the top. B)

once again, i don't mind giving somebody more than a year to establish his own way of doing things. all of the interviews from players that i have seen say that he was saying the right things and going about it the right way. not everybody is going to respond the way they are supposed to. in that case, then it is your job to get rid of those who will not respond to the expectations. so i suppose we will see about that soon enough.

once again, i don't mind giving somebody more than a year to establish his own way of doing things. all of the interviews from players that i have seen say that he was saying the right things and going about it the right way. not everybody is going to respond the way they are supposed to. in that case, then it is your job to get rid of those who will not respond to the expectations. so i suppose we will see about that soon enough.

So how many years do you give him? Also, if you think he's been saying the right things and going about it the right way, you're on drugs. Just ask USA Today, ESPN, and all the other national outlets about how he's handling things and see if you get a concensus in your favor.

...but we know the delusion that you all share... :rolleyes:

So how many years do you give him? Also, if you think he's been saying the right things and going about it the right way, you're on drugs. Just ask USA Today, ESPN, and all the other national outlets about how he's handling things and see if you get a concensus in your favor.

...but we know the delusion that you all share... :rolleyes:

really, i'm in no big hurry. i would hope that things as far as mentality, attitude, etc would be handled by the beginning of the 08 season. there is no excuse for many player discipline related issues by 09 though. and i'm sorry, but i will probably take the word of the coach and players of the team, who obviously have firsthand knowledge of EXACTLY what is going on over USA Today's, ESPN's, and your one-dimensional and biased opinion of what is going on with the team.

Why were the "weeds" not ALREADY "pulled"?....If, in fact, that is gonna' happen at all.

Archived