Coaching Stability at Bama?

quietfan

Hell yes he's an a**. You want some nice guy running your program? Get Shula! Tubbs is a pecker too. All the guys are.

Wrong...I went to church with Tommy in Auburn ever since he has been at Auburn. He has always spoken to me and we have had many conversations. He does not act like that. No, that is not just his "church face" as I have seen him at restaurants a few times. He spoke to me everytime. I am sure there are times he has to be tough, but I would sure not classify his personality as you have.

The difference in Saban and Tubbs is night and day. 5 coaches have been with him for 13 years. Not a single coach has been with Saban for the last three. Tubbs smiles easily and enjoys life. Saban? Not so much.

Another difference....One holds a 4-2 record OVER the other........

I don't mean when you see them at church and all that. I'm talking about when they are COACHING. Pat Dye was a jerk, TaterTot was one too. As was Bear, Stallings, Stagg, and many others. I was trying to say that when it's football you are dealing with, stay away from them. There is an arrogance born in that profession, and that tends to make them less that nice. I don't even mean it to be a bad thing about your beloved Tubs, just saying nice guy coaches don't tend to work out.

I don't mean when you see them at church and all that. I'm talking about when they are COACHING. Pat Dye was a jerk, TaterTot was one too. As was Bear, Stallings, Stagg, and many others. I was trying to say that when it's football you are dealing with, stay away from them. There is an arrogance born in that profession, and that tends to make them less that nice. I don't even mean it to be a bad thing about your beloved Tubs, just saying nice guy coaches don't tend to work out.

Those are two different things. Tubs has friends. People like him. Yet he's tough when he needs to be. He is obviously a more stern disciplinarian than Saban, and yet the players know he cares about them. When he has needed to let a coach go, he does, and yet many coaches have worked with him for years. Saban is a jerk when he's not coaching. If you don't see that yet, you will.

One things for sure.....Muschamp learned how to stop his team! hehehe

Wow, you mean you were coached by Amos Alonzo Stagg? You're a lot older than I thought you were! Here I thought you were in college now.

Sweeping generalizations aren't helping your argument one bit. Would you consider Tom Osborne a jerk? Eddie Robinson? Vince Dooley or Shug Jordan? How about today -- Jim Tressel, Joe Paterno, Pete Carrol, Paul Johnson? The only one convinced that every coach needs to be as big an :ua: -hole jerk as $abun is to be sucessful is you. :no:

No. No it's not. Actually, I made the post after you made it clear that you were going to make snarky comments, rather than just post a reason, opinion, or purpose behind your thought. It was just "hooey" after-all.

Further evidince that you just don't get it. There's nothing in my comments to Galen that were "snarky" or out of line or far reaching. You've just got it in your head that everything I post is snarky...when it really isn't.

Regardless of what I type, you read what you want to read.

When it is posed that a 26 year old first time d cord gets a learning benefit from a coach who's been a head coach on every level...for like 12 years...I don't see how that is out of line. And there's no reasonable explanation you can give to suggest that it's wrong or out of line...oh wait nevermind. You can always come back with the cursory retort: "it's an Auburn board."

To suggest that a 26 year old first time D cord knows more than a 12 year head coach...who is regarded in many circles as one of the top defensive minds in college football...is beyond asinine. And I know neither you nor Galen REALLY belive it. You're just grandstanding because it has to do with Alabama.

I was wondering where the "calm down" comment was coming from so out of the blue.

No. No it's not. Actually, I made the post after you made it clear that you were going to make snarky comments, rather than just post a reason, opinion, or purpose behind your thought. It was just "hooey" after-all.

Further evidince that you just don't get it. There's nothing in my comments to Galen that were "snarky" or out of line or far reaching. You've just got it in your head that everything I post is snarky...when it really isn't.

Regardless of what I type, you read what you want to read.

When it is posed that a 26 year old first time d cord gets a learning benefit from a coach who's been a head coach on every level...for like 12 years...I don't see how that is out of line. And there's no reasonable explanation you can give to suggest that it's wrong or out of line...oh wait nevermind. You can always come back with the cursory retort: "it's an Auburn board."

To suggest that a 26 year old first time D cord knows more than a 12 year head coach...who is regarded in many circles as one of the top defensive minds in college football...is beyond asinine. And I know neither you nor Galen REALLY belive it. You're just grandstanding because it has to do with Alabama.

I was wondering where the "calm down" comment was coming from so out of the blue.

I know BG. Actually we should all just never disagree with you. As you bitch about us doing to you, and therefore, start threads, and let you end them with your F'ing Jerry Springer "final thought" on everything.

Nevermind. We SHOULD NOT have opposing views. Actually the fact that while Muschamp learned a lot from Saban, it's now obvious, that you feel it should ALL be attributed to Saban. Muschamp was just an empty head full of applesauce before the holy hands of the Saban were laid upon him.

Saban's failures since Mushchamps departure should NOT be looked at as issues from Saban, but rather Muschamps fault for leaving him and disrupting the ultimate utopian vision of your 6-6, disciplinarian, God type coach.

Excuse ME, or anyone else for that matter, NOT SEEING YOUR point of view. Oh, and it's NOT just Auburn fans you blind, oblivious fool. It's ESPN, USA Today, Fox Sports, Sports Illustrated, and all kinds of other national outlets, that are NOT in step with your crimson clad ideas.

While you have your hand held with owners here, you'll be protected enough to not get jumped on, but trust me, there are people here (that you think support you), that are MORE than ready to tell you what they really think of your ridiculous presence here. You know where to find them.

By all means though, stay here in your PG rated, BG friendly world, and all will just be dandy. Consider it a light distraction, and pimple on your massively arrogant a**, that you have to deal with the watered down, diluted version of the feelings towards the way you handle yourself.

Congrats, you have your safe haven.

If you want that spelled out for you in the future, then come to the new board where you've been too much of a puss not to post yet.

I know BG. Actually we should all just never disagree with you. As you bitch about us doing to you, and therefore, start threads, and let you end them with your F'ing Jerry Springer "final thought" on everything.

Nevermind. We SHOULD NOT have opposing views. Actually the fact that while Muschamp learned a lot from Saban, it's now obvious, that you feel it should ALL be attributed to Saban. Muschamp was just an empty head full of applesauce before the holy hands of the Saban were laid upon him.

Saban's failures since Mushchamps departure should NOT be looked at as issues from Saban, but rather Muschamps fault for leaving him and disrupting the ultimate utopian vision of your 6-6, disciplinarian, God type coach.

Excuse ME, or anyone else for that matter, NOT SEEING YOUR point of view. Oh, and it's NOT just Auburn fans you blind, oblivious fool. It's ESPN, USA Today, Fox Sports, Sports Illustrated, and all kinds of other national outlets, that are NOT in step with your crimson clad ideas.

While you have your hand held with owners here, you'll be protected enough to not get jumped on, but trust me, there are people here (that you think support you), that are MORE than ready to tell you what they really think of your ridiculous presence here. You know where to find them.

By all means though, stay here in your PG rated, BG friendly world, and all will just be dandy. Consider it a light distraction, and pimple on your massively arrogant a**, that you have to deal with the watered down, diluted version of the feelings towards the way you handle yourself.

Congrats, you have your safe haven.

If you want that spelled out for you in the future, then come to the new board where you've been too much of a puss not to post yet.

Pretty typical "show you how big and bad I am" post from Chopper. Every post you make is hostile. Every post you make is aggressive. You can piss on a simple discussion and turn it into a flame war. Go back and quote me on ANY post I've made on this thread that warranted this kind of hostile response. The pattern is always YOU turning discussions into aggressive arguments.

Dude, what grown a** man gets his jollies by thinking he's a cool tough guy...because he's tries to be an internet bully?

Regardless of my efforts to ignore your posts, or be civil, you continue to be hostile. I've sent you olive branch PMs, I've stopped responding to your posts, I've even toned down the arguments. But it's clear to me that you only care about making yourself feel like more of a man with your hackneyed bully tactics...It's weak, and it's childish.

And I'm a "puss" because I don't post on a board where I'm not wanted? How does that make sense? You guys spent 4 months trashing me and talking s*** about me and I'M the one who sucks because I don't want to go over there and have you tell me the same tired crap you do here...but use the f word in every sentence? Please.

All you want to do is escalate an internet argument to a point where it is out of control. Excuse me if I don't feel like taking part in it. I'm able to discuss things without getting hostile. I'm able to disagree with someone over FOOTBALL without talking about how I could "kick their a**"...because at the end of the day: it's football and it's a message board.

There's nothing worse the people who sit behind a keyboard and talk tough s***. You can call me a puss, or feel like you're a big bad internet bully and you digitally kicked my a**. Whatever. You win. Congrats on the new board. I see no point in posting on a board where I'm generally hated. You guys can have your board where you talk about how big of an idiot I am, and how you all would kick my a**. But really ask yourself, is that what GROWN men should be doing?

I'm done. Grow up.

Pretty typical "show you how big and bad I am" post from Chopper. Every post you make is hostile. Every post you make is aggressive. You can piss on a simple discussion and turn it into a flame war. Go back and quote me on ANY post I've made on this thread that warranted this kind of hostile response. The pattern is always YOU turning discussions into aggressive arguments.

Dude, what grown a** man gets his jollies by thinking he's a cool tough guy...because he's tries to be an internet bully?

Regardless of my efforts to ignore your posts, or be civil, you continue to be hostile. I've sent you olive branch PMs, I've stopped responding to your posts, I've even toned down the arguments. But it's clear to me that you only care about making yourself feel like more of a man with your hackneyed bully tactics...It's weak, and it's childish.

And I'm a "puss" because I don't post on a board where I'm not wanted? How does that make sense? You guys spent 4 months trashing me and talking s*** about me and I'M the one who sucks because I don't want to go over there and have you tell me the same tired crap you do here...but use the f word in every sentence? Please.

All you want to do is escalate an internet argument to a point where it is out of control. Excuse me if I don't feel like taking part in it. I'm able to discuss things without getting hostile. I'm able to disagree with someone over FOOTBALL without talking about how I could "kick their a**"...because at the end of the day: it's football and it's a message board.

There's nothing worse the people who sit behind a keyboard and talk tough s***. You can call me a puss, or feel like you're a big bad internet bully and you digitally kicked my a**. Whatever. You win. Congrats on the new board. I see no point in posting on a board where I'm generally hated. You guys can have your board where you talk about how big of an idiot I am, and how you all would kick my a**. But really ask yourself, is that what GROWN men should be doing?

I'm done. Grow up.

punchout-nes3.png

May I remind you folks that it is getting very close to Christmas and Santa is watching!

I'm done. Grow up.

I'll just make this simple. If you want to talk about typical, this is yours. Complete BS wrapped in pretty vocabulary and taking the high road. Let me point out a few things to you BG. I LIKE pissing you off. It's clear that while you can deny that I do...I have. Secondly, as far as me turning "everything" into a flame war, check out the other threads where I'm having fun, sharing videos, or giving advice to people about HDTV's. I keep THESE type threads, isolated in one of the few places it should be. So spare me the "poor me" act.

Fact is, you tire of me being an a**. I don't blame you. You miss the point completely though whenever you think you don't do the same. Just because you don't openly flame, or use harsh language, your constant questioning, arrogant responses and holier-than-thought attitude warrants the same type responses as I get from you. It grates on many. I know you've told people you've met personally here on this board, that half the time you're just here to get a rise out of us. So don't act like you're some innocent puppy getting swatted with a newspaper. We already KNOW you like to do it.

You're no more mature than anyone else on here. As far as "grown men", give me a break. We're all grown men with responsibilities, families, bills, jobs and goals. As you pointed out, this is an internet board, so no, it has nothing to do with being a "grown man", so get off that BS. Bringing "grown man" conversations into this, is ridiculous. You have no clue.

Fact is, there are quite a few people that would tell you what they really feel on the other board BG. You don't want to go there, because people you think are your friends here, might not be so friendly there. THAT was my point about the other site. Telling you "F.U.", while funny, doesn't really take any conversation to any other new level. Not going to happen. That's why I called you a "puss". I'm sorry you're so dainty that you took offense.

I'm not threatening your physical well-being. I'm not threatening your family. I don't want to burn your house down. I don't want to put another hole in your BMW. So quit with the whole internet bully BS. I'm just a guy that sees things a lot differently than you and your buddies.

Welcome to life on the internet. Like it or hate it. You teach me nothing.

Archived