Papa John's Bowl

AU alum

Why did S. Miss fire Jeff Bower? They just interviewed his wife and daughter. They are bitter, and I don't blame them. The announcers keep talking about how good he is, and how S. Miss. screwed up getting rid of him. Also, Legion Field just looks pitiful. First, there were more people there for the Prattville-Spain Park game. It is pitifully empty. Sort of looks like the Blue-Gray Classic did in its waning years. Second, those announcers are horrible. I cannot stand that woman announcer. Her voice grates on my nerves.

I know they'll never be able to move that to a night game. Not where it is right now. Are they talking about moving it to the domed stadium if it materializes?

I was at the game and left early. The wind was steadily blowing out of the north and it barely reached 50 add in the moisture in the air and it felt cold. Add in that I had twin 11 year olds griping about the temp and my Dad shaking like a dog passing peach seeds and we just left.

As for your question about SOMISS firing Jeff Bower, for the most part they felt the program had stagnated and was not headed in the direction they wanted. I hope they don't play any better at AU next year that they did today.

Two observations. Cincinnati has one of the fattest majorettes to ever twirl a baton. SoMiss has one of the most unattractive majorettes to ever twirl a baton.

I was at the game and left early. The wind was steadily blowing out of the north and it barely reached 50 add in the moisture in the air and it felt cold. Add in that I had twin 11 year olds griping about the temp and my Dad shaking like a dog passing peach seeds and we just left.

As for your question about SOMISS firing Jeff Bower, for the most part they felt the program had stagnated and was not headed in the direction they wanted. I hope they don't play any better at AU next year that they did today.

Two observations. Cincinnati has one of the fattest majorettes to ever twirl a baton. SoMiss has one of the most unattractive majorettes to ever twirl a baton.

1) I'm not so sure the weather would have helped the attendance. Southern Miss vs Cincinnati? Very lame when most people are traveling to see family for Xmas.

2) Jeff Bower should have been treated like the Bobby Bowden of Southern Miss. They just upgraded all of their facilities and are getting a renovation to their stadium. The program might have seemed stagnant for the past few years, but it's only going to get better. I wouldn't be surprised to see Southern Miss help make the Big East a true Big Ten.

3) Majorettes and baton twirling? Your daughters did a little more for you than gripe about the cold, eh?

1) I'm not so sure the weather would have helped the attendance. Southern Miss vs Cincinnati? Very lame when most people are traveling to see family for Xmas.

2) Jeff Bower should have been treated like the Bobby Bowden of Southern Miss. They just upgraded all of their facilities and are getting a renovation to their stadium. The program might have seemed stagnant for the past few years, but it's only going to get better. I wouldn't be surprised to see Southern Miss help make the Big East a true Big Ten.

3) Majorettes and baton twirling? Your daughters did a little more for you than gripe about the cold, eh?---was it neccessary to make such a snide comment?

3) Majorettes and baton twirling? Your daughters did a little more for you than gripe about the cold, eh?---was it neccessary to make such a snide comment?

Yes.

Did I miss something? Is USM joining the BigEast?

Really I dont think anyone should be treated like Bobby Bowden. Not even Bobby Bowden. He should have retired or they should have made a move a few years ago. If you arent a good coach anymore, then you dont need to be coaching. People dont keep players after they cant play and why should you keep a coach? Time will tell whether forcing Bowers out was the right move, but its their team and they wanted to see a change so I cant really blame them.

Really I dont think anyone should be treated like Bobby Bowden. Not even Bobby Bowden. He should have retired or they should have made a move a few years ago. If you arent a good coach anymore, then you dont need to be coaching. People dont keep players after they cant play and why should you keep a coach? Time will tell whether forcing Bowers out was the right move, but its their team and they wanted to see a change so I cant really blame them.

THE BIG EAST HAS EIGHT TEAMS IF THEY ADDED TWO TEAMS THAT WOULD MAKE TEN MAKING THEM A CONFERENCE OF TEN TEAMS AND THE "TRUE BIG TEN" WAS A JAB AT THE CURRENT BIG TEN THAT ACTUALLY HAS ELEVEN TEAMS.

And prove that Bower can't coach. How much can one do at a school like Southern Miss? They detailed the upgrades to the facilities during the bowl games. It sounds like the school is taking a huge step forward and kudos to that. But what got them to the point to push them to taking a step forward? Was it 17 years of bad coaching? Or did Bower do a hell of a job establishing that program as one of the most consistent programs in the country. They've had 14 straight winning seasons. Only five other teams in the country have a better streak than that.

THE BIG EAST HAS EIGHT TEAMS IF THEY ADDED TWO TEAMS THAT WOULD MAKE TEN MAKING THEM A CONFERENCE OF TEN TEAMS AND THE "TRUE BIG TEN" WAS A JAB AT THE CURRENT BIG TEN THAT ACTUALLY HAS ELEVEN TEAMS.

And prove that Bower can't coach. How much can one do at a school like Southern Miss? They detailed the upgrades to the facilities during the bowl games. It sounds like the school is taking a huge step forward and kudos to that. But what got them to the point to push them to taking a step forward? Was it 17 years of bad coaching? Or did Bower do a hell of a job establishing that program as one of the most consistent programs in the country. They've had 14 straight winning seasons. Only five other teams in the country have a better streak than that.

Gotcha on the Big10 comment.

I never said Bower couldnt coach. Obviously, he can with 14 straight winning seasons. He did a great job at what he did, but obviously they wanted to take a step up. Now that the program is established they want someone to take them to the next level and apparently they thought Bower couldnt do it. Honestly, I cant really disagree that much. They have been probably the definition of stagnant and mediocrity. Now whether thats the result of limited resources or if its the result of the coach, we probably will never know. Im not gonna feel sorry for Bower. They gave him a job in college football for 17 years and if he wants another job he could get one right now.

There is a Bowl game in bamaham? Who knew?...

A dome....just what the state's armpit needs.

I never said Bower couldnt coach. Obviously, he can with 14 straight winning seasons. He did a great job at what he did, but obviously they wanted to take a step up. Now that the program is established they want someone to take them to the next level and apparently they thought Bower couldnt do it. Honestly, I cant really disagree that much. They have been probably the definition of stagnant and mediocrity. Now whether thats the result of limited resources or if its the result of the coach, we probably will never know. Im not gonna feel sorry for Bower. They gave him a job in college football for 17 years and if he wants another job he could get one right now.

The thing about So Miss is that they would play anybody and they were not a cupcake school like say, La Monroe is. Every couple of years or so, they'd have enough athletes on their team to knock off a team looking for an easy win.

I respect Coach Bower and think he's a pretty good coach. Yes, he has received offers to go coach someplace else over the years but for whatever reason had turned them all down preferring to stay in Hattiesburg. One of the things I learned from the broadcast was that one of his daughters was tragically killed in a car crash. She's buried there and Jeff visits her grave often. It's not too hard to speculate that maybe that's the reason he chose to remain there as HC instead of moving away for greener pastures. Soe things you just can't put a price on.

2) Jeff Bower should have been treated like the Bobby Bowden of Southern Miss. They just upgraded all of their facilities and are getting a renovation to their stadium. The program might have seemed stagnant for the past few years, but it's only going to get better. I wouldn't be surprised to see Southern Miss help make the Big East a true Big Ten. (My post that you seem to take exception to was based on what So Miss fans said, not what I thought. It does not matter what I think about their program just as it does not matter what you think about RR firing the assistant coaches at Michigan.)

3) Majorettes and baton twirling? Your daughters did a little more for you than gripe about the cold, eh? (Since you seem to have a problem with both projection and reading comprehension, I will point out that I never said anything about my daughters being there. Just because you like fat women has nothing to do with this thread.)

2) Jeff Bower should have been treated like the Bobby Bowden of Southern Miss. They just upgraded all of their facilities and are getting a renovation to their stadium. The program might have seemed stagnant for the past few years, but it's only going to get better. I wouldn't be surprised to see Southern Miss help make the Big East a true Big Ten. (My post that you seem to take exception to was based on what So Miss fans said, not what I thought. It does not matter what I think about their program just as it does not matter what you think about RR firing the assistant coaches at Michigan.)

3) Majorettes and baton twirling? Your daughters did a little more for you than gripe about the cold, eh? (Since you seem to have a problem with both projection and reading comprehension, I will point out that I never said anything about my daughters being there. Just because you like fat women has nothing to do with this thread.)

Jesus Christ, man. What is this board for? I'm completely confused about the purpose of AUNation. Is it to report the news or what? MY OPINION ON EVERYTHING ON THIS BOARD IS UTTERLY MEANINGLESS. As is yours and everybody else's. We're on here posting BS because it's fun. It passes the time. It's something to do.

You've taken a lot of offense to the things I posted. I was simply offering a counterargument to your statement: "As for your question about SOMISS firing Jeff Bower, for the most part they felt the program had stagnated and was not headed in the direction they wanted." It's my opinion that was stated on a message board. What else would I be doing on here?

And the third thing was a harmless jab that has seemingly gotten your nerves worked. You said there were two eleven year old girls there griping about the cold.

I assumed the twin girls were your daughters. Yes, I think baton twirling is stupid. Take it or leave it, but you're the one mentioning baton twirling when talking about football. Call me a meathead.

Jesus Christ, man. What is this board for? I'm completely confused about the purpose of AUNation. Is it to report the news or what? MY OPINION ON EVERYTHING ON THIS BOARD IS UTTERLY MEANINGLESS. As is yours and everybody else's. We're on here posting BS because it's fun. It passes the time. It's something to do.

You've taken a lot of offense to the things I posted. I was simply offering a counterargument to your statement: "As for your question about SOMISS firing Jeff Bower, for the most part they felt the program had stagnated and was not headed in the direction they wanted." It's my opinion that was stated on a message board. What else would I be doing on here?

And the third thing was a harmless jab that has seemingly gotten your nerves worked. You said there were two eleven year old girls there griping about the cold.

I assumed the twin girls were your daughters. Yes, I think baton twirling is stupid. Take it or leave it, but you're the one mentioning baton twirling when talking about football. Call me a meathead.

Some people on this board need to keep their pants zipped up, otherwise every thread becomes a urinating contest. Every post that offers an alternate opinion to the one you express is not a frontal assault.

Hey, look at THAT guy's pee stream! <_<

Jesus Christ, man. (Call on someone you know) What is this board for? I'm completely confused about the purpose of AUNation. (That's obvious) Is it to report the news or what? MY OPINION ON EVERYTHING ON THIS BOARD IS UTTERLY MEANINGLESS. As is yours and everybody else's. We're on here posting BS because it's fun. (So stop being a complete dickhat) It passes the time. It's something to do.

You've taken a lot of offense to the things I posted. (No offended, you would know if I were offended) I was simply offering a counterargument to your statement: (And I responded to several of your snarky little post and now your panties are balled up) "As for your question about SOMISS firing Jeff Bower, for the most part they felt the program had stagnated and was not headed in the direction they wanted." It's my opinion that was stated on a message board. What else would I be doing on here?

And the third thing was a harmless jab that has seemingly gotten your nerves worked. You said there were two eleven year old girls there griping about the cold. (You seem to have the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader, I never said twin girls.)(If my nervs ever get worked you will know it and it hasn't happened yet.) (So you made your smartass remark) 3) Majorettes and baton twirling? Your daughters did a little more for you than gripe about the cold, eh? (and Proud Tiger replied:---was it neccessary to make such a snide comment? And your reply was YES.)

So man up and don't try the "I'm as innocent as the driven snow bit." If you are not trying to be a complete dickhat, what exactly are you doing?

I assumed the twin girls were your daughters. Yes, I think baton twirling is stupid. Take it or leave it, but you're the one mentioning baton twirling when talking about football. Call me a meathead. (OK meathead, stupid or not, baton twirling usually occurs at halftime at most HS & college football games. Doesn't it?)

(No offended, you would know if I were offended)
(So stop being a complete dickhat)
(You seem to have the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader, I never said twin girls.)(If my nervs ever get worked you will know it and it hasn't happened yet.)

Quiet day for sports, always fun to read remarks from an internet tough guy.

(No offended, you would know if I were offended)
(So stop being a complete dickhat)
(You seem to have the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader, I never said twin girls.)(If my nervs ever get worked you will know it and it hasn't happened yet.)

Quiet day for sports, always fun to read remarks from an internet tough guy.

No not being an "internet tough guy" either. Just responding to someone being a dickhat.

Jesus Christ, man. (Call on someone you know) What is this board for? I'm completely confused about the purpose of AUNation. (That's obvious) Is it to report the news or what? MY OPINION ON EVERYTHING ON THIS BOARD IS UTTERLY MEANINGLESS. As is yours and everybody else's. We're on here posting BS because it's fun. (So stop being a complete dickhat) It passes the time. It's something to do.

You've taken a lot of offense to the things I posted. (No offended, you would know if I were offended) I was simply offering a counterargument to your statement: (And I responded to several of your snarky little post and now your panties are balled up) "As for your question about SOMISS firing Jeff Bower, for the most part they felt the program had stagnated and was not headed in the direction they wanted." It's my opinion that was stated on a message board. What else would I be doing on here?

And the third thing was a harmless jab that has seemingly gotten your nerves worked. You said there were two eleven year old girls there griping about the cold. (You seem to have the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader, I never said twin girls.)(If my nervs ever get worked you will know it and it hasn't happened yet.) (So you made your smartass remark) 3) Majorettes and baton twirling? Your daughters did a little more for you than gripe about the cold, eh? (and Proud Tiger replied:---was it neccessary to make such a snide comment? And your reply was YES.)

So man up and don't try the "I'm as innocent as the driven snow bit." If you are not trying to be a complete dickhat, what exactly are you doing?

I assumed the twin girls were your daughters. Yes, I think baton twirling is stupid. Take it or leave it, but you're the one mentioning baton twirling when talking about football. Call me a meathead. (OK meathead, stupid or not, baton twirling usually occurs at halftime at most HS & college football games. Doesn't it?)

This.

Add in that I had twin 11 year olds griping about the temp and my Dad shaking like a dog passing peach seeds and we just left.

That's your quote. You said that. You get my drift, yet? I could care less if you said girls or not. You mentioned baton twirling. Are your boys into that too?

Yes, I was being a dickhat. Sure. It was a harmless jab that you took offense to. Enjoy your evening.

This.

Add in that I had twin 11 year olds griping about the temp and my Dad shaking like a dog passing peach seeds and we just left.

That's your quote. You said that. You get my drift, yet? I could care less if you said girls or not. You mentioned baton twirling. Are your boys into that too? (Still want to be the dickhat don't you?) (Has your mother quit working the streets in front of the bus station?)

Yes, I was being a dickhat. Sure. It was a harmless jab that you took offense to. Enjoy your evening.

And when you pass out the jabs but then can't take them back what does that make you? A big pus or a little pus? There was no offense taken. You took this thread down the path of a pissing contest.

As GG said earlier, "Every post that offers an alternate opinion to the one you express is not a frontal assault."

That's your quote. You said that. You get my drift, yet? I could care less if you said girls or not. You mentioned baton twirling. Are your boys into that too? (Still want to be the dickhat don't you?) (Has your mother quit working the streets in front of the bus station?)

And when you pass out the jabs but then can't take them back what does that make you? A big pus or a little pus? There was no offense taken. You took this thread down the path of a pissing contest.

As GG said earlier, "Every post that offers an alternate opinion to the one you express is not a frontal assault."

GG was referring to you, bro. You got bent out of shape when I made one simple response to your post. Go back and read it. Please do it. The only thing I can see you possibly getting upset about was the little jab about the baton twirling. Get over it.

My mom works the streets in front of the bus station? Seriously? Dude, come to Tigersx and learn something.

How was I not taking the jabs back? What exactly did you jab me with?

And just for what it's worth:

Here's what I said in response to you:

3) Majorettes and baton twirling? Your daughters did a little more for you than gripe about the cold, eh?

And this is what you responded with:

(Since you seem to have a problem with both projection and reading comprehension, I will point out that I never said anything about my daughters being there. Just because you like fat women has nothing to do with this thread.)

I have problems with projection and reading comprehension and I like fat women. I started the pissing contest?

As I said, please enjoy the rest of the evening. It's almost Christmas time.

My mom works the streets in front of the bus station? Seriously? (Yes) Dude, come to Tigersx and learn something.

That's where I thought all this was coming from. Screw you and screw the horse you rode to town on. Go screw your goat again for all I care. So I will tell you this now. I didn't spend four years in the Coast Guard and four years in the Marines and suddenly forget how to cuss. I didn't spend twelve years working in the Louisiana & Texas oil patch and suddenly forget how to curse. Do you want a lesson in cussing? Your puny a** little threat falls on deaf ears.

I have already told the folks at Tigersx that I would probably be the first suspended or banned from the site.

You have shown yourself to be a puss. Not a major puss, just a puss.

GG was referring to you, bro. (If GG was referring to me why did he quote you? Oh and don't call me bro, you puss) You got bent out of shape when I made one simple response to your post. Go back and read it. Please do it. The only thing I can see you possibly getting upset about was the little jab about the baton twirling. Get over it. (Kiss my a** how is that for getting over it? Obviously you aren't over it you keep coming back for more.)

My mom works the streets in front of the bus station? Seriously? Dude, come to Tigersx and learn something. (Yeah and she doesn't cost much either)

How was I not taking the jabs back? What exactly did you jab me with?

And just for what it's worth:

Here's what I said in response to you:

And this is what you responded with:

(Since you seem to have a problem with both projection and reading comprehension, I will point out that I never said anything about my daughters being there. Just because you like fat women has nothing to do with this thread.)

I have problems with projection and reading comprehension and I like fat women. (Good to see you admit it.) I started the pissing contest? (Yes you did)

As I said, please enjoy the rest of the evening. It's almost Christmas time.

My mom works the streets in front of the bus station? Seriously? (Yes) Dude, come to Tigersx and learn something.

That's where I thought all this was coming from. Screw you and screw the horse you rode to town on. Go screw your goat again for all I care. So I will tell you this now. I didn't spend four years in the Coast Guard and four years in the Marines and suddenly forget how to cuss. I didn't spend twelve years working in the Louisiana & Texas oil patch and suddenly forget how to curse. Do you want a lesson in cussing? Your puny a** little threat falls on deaf ears.

I have already told the folks at Tigersx that I would probably be the first suspended or banned from the site.

You have shown yourself to be a puss. Not a major puss, just a puss.

Hahaha. It has nothing to do with Tigersx. Look, you're obviously worn out after your military service. I'll just let you head to bed. Hope you enjoyed your evening like I told you to.

Archived