In a Hillary-Romney race, for whom do you vote?

TexasTiger

Hillary-Romney-Paul(Lib)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. 2008

• Clinton(D)
    • Romney(R)
    • Paul(Lib)

If you have any sense of morality or christianity, you would not vote for Clinton...i.e. spawn of satan. She would cripple America!! B/t those 3 I would take lesser of evils of Romney. Not that he or Paul are evil like Clinton. I am pulling for Thompson.

Speaking of Thompson. The world is at war and ambivalence about being the Leader of the Free World just won't cut it. This is his problem and it shows. If there was ever a time we needed someone who wanted that office, with all the trouble and pressure that comes with it, it's now. You know what it's like to do something you could care less about, it affects your performance and your commitment. That's not what we need in the White House. I like Thompson and when he does chime in I like, generally, what he has to say, but Good Lord, what a stupid waste of time.

Thompson: 'Not particularly interested in running'

Link to article

While all the other candidates are trying to convince people why we should vote for them, Thompson is doing an excellent job explaining why we shouldn't vote for him. Believe me, it sure seems to be working.

This guy amazes me. He doesn't want it, but will offer himself up. How arrogant is that?

Come on now. He didn't say he didn't want to be President. He said he isn't interested in the POLITICS of the race for the White House. I personally think that is exactly the type of person we need in that office right now, someone who isn't bothered with petty politics, but has a genuine interest in doing what is best for the country.

Read it as you wish.

"I'm not particularly interested in running for president."

But he said others convinced him to run.

"I approached it from a standpoint ... of kind of a marriage. You know if one side of the marriage has to be really talked into the marriage, you know it probably ain't going to be a good deal for either one of them. But if you mutually think that this is a good thing -- in this case you think it's a good thing for the country -- then you have an opportunity to do some wonderful things together," he said.

"I'm offering myself up.

Sounds contradictory.

This is a portion from the same section of that speech he was giving...tells a different story don't you think? Read it as you wish...

I like to say that I'm only consumed by very, very few things and politics is not one of them," Thompson said at a town hall meeting in nearby Burlington. "The welfare of my country and my kids and grandkids are one of them. But if people really want in their president a super type-A personality, someone who has gotten up every morning and gone to bed every night thinking about for years how they could achieve the presidency of the United States, someone who could look you straight in the eye and say they enjoy every minute of campaigning — I ain't that guy.

"I am not consumed by personal ambition," Thompson said. "I will not be devastated if I don't do it. I'm not particularly interested in running for president."

Link

My point is, the news writers are going to spin it the way they want it to read. Instead of saying he said he is not interested in the political aspects, they went with the more attention grabbing story of a candidate saying he is not interested in the job, which is untrue.

He says he's not particularly interested in running and then he compares it to marriage. If that's the starting point for a marriage, I don't know many women who are going to be impressed with that analogy. I think it's contradictory.

If you have any sense of morality or christianity, you would not vote for Clinton...i.e. spawn of satan. She would cripple America!! B/t those 3 I would take lesser of evils of Romney. Not that he or Paul are evil like Clinton. I am pulling for Thompson.

Speaking of Thompson. The world is at war and ambivalence about being the Leader of the Free World just won't cut it. This is his problem and it shows. If there was ever a time we needed someone who wanted that office, with all the trouble and pressure that comes with it, it's now. You know what it's like to do something you could care less about, it affects your performance and your commitment. That's not what we need in the White House. I like Thompson and when he does chime in I like, generally, what he has to say, but Good Lord, what a stupid waste of time.

Thompson: 'Not particularly interested in running'

Link to article

While all the other candidates are trying to convince people why we should vote for them, Thompson is doing an excellent job explaining why we shouldn't vote for him. Believe me, it sure seems to be working.

This guy amazes me. He doesn't want it, but will offer himself up. How arrogant is that?

Come on now. He didn't say he didn't want to be President. He said he isn't interested in the POLITICS of the race for the White House. I personally think that is exactly the type of person we need in that office right now, someone who isn't bothered with petty politics, but has a genuine interest in doing what is best for the country.

Read it as you wish.

"I'm not particularly interested in running for president."

But he said others convinced him to run.

"I approached it from a standpoint ... of kind of a marriage. You know if one side of the marriage has to be really talked into the marriage, you know it probably ain't going to be a good deal for either one of them. But if you mutually think that this is a good thing -- in this case you think it's a good thing for the country -- then you have an opportunity to do some wonderful things together," he said.

"I'm offering myself up.

Sounds contradictory.

This is a portion from the same section of that speech he was giving...tells a different story don't you think? Read it as you wish...

I like to say that I'm only consumed by very, very few things and politics is not one of them," Thompson said at a town hall meeting in nearby Burlington. "The welfare of my country and my kids and grandkids are one of them. But if people really want in their president a super type-A personality, someone who has gotten up every morning and gone to bed every night thinking about for years how they could achieve the presidency of the United States, someone who could look you straight in the eye and say they enjoy every minute of campaigning — I ain't that guy.

"I am not consumed by personal ambition," Thompson said. "I will not be devastated if I don't do it. I'm not particularly interested in running for president."

Link

My point is, the news writers are going to spin it the way they want it to read. Instead of saying he said he is not interested in the political aspects, they went with the more attention grabbing story of a candidate saying he is not interested in the job, which is untrue.

He says he's not particularly interested in running and then he compares it to marriage. If that's the starting point for a marriage, I don't know many women who are going to be impressed with that analogy. I think it's contradictory.

I'll give you that, women definitely will not be impressed. I'll also agree that public opinion and his advisers likely swayed him into running. He's said time and time again that he isn't a big guy for publicity, and that is exactly what you need to be noticed in a race like this one. I'm a big fan of Fred, but unfortunately, entering the race the day AFTER a big Republican debate was a horrible move, as was waiting so long to declare. Everyone pretty much got tired of playing the waiting game and now, unfortunately, he does not have a shot.

Thompson waited too long. It gave more folks a chance to hear Huck. He has hit home with a lot of conservatives.

I think Fred would make a great president. He tries to look at things logically instead of what the party thinks. But he just has not gotten out there and made himself seen and heard. He is just a name now. If folks could hear and see more of him, I think he would gain a lot of support. But it seems he's keeping in line with his not wanting to play politics attitude. And you have to play some politics in order to be a viable candidate.

BTW. Would not vote for Hitlary even if it meant I would never have to work again. I couldn't do that to others.

Archived