Julio Jones

ssgaufan

I say NO. I think he will end up being a cancer for which team ends up getting him. I know that he has unbelievable athletic talent, but he seems to an all about me type of player. It's like his role models are TO, and Chad Johnson.

Your thoughts?

To be honest I like Chad Johnson. He is fun, he tries to make people laugh and entertains. He also takes up for his team most of the time.

As far as Julio. Id let the Coaches make that judgement call. I don't know of many difficult kids playing at Auburn in the last few years so I assume the coaches have a good sense of what makes a good kid. If they like Julio, I will like him until he shows me something to feel otherwise.

I think the fame is just getting to him. I mean...he's a high school kid and he's being told "You are the best player in the COUNTRY. Every football team wants you". I mean, I can't imagine what that would do to someone at that age. I think a coach like Tubbs can straighten that kind of attitude up given the chance.

I think CTT's staff has shown pretty good judgment overall when offering these kids. You can't get it right all the time and you are in fact, dealing with young guys who might tend to make a few more stupid mistakes. The key is that Tuberville has proven that he'll deal with problems and play no favorites. I'd feel okay with anyone who they offered because I know CTT would slap em' around if they got out of line.

Whoever gets him, I hope he does't go the route of the #1 LB from a few years ago. Think his name was Willie Williams, wasn't it.

Big lobster fan if I remember correctly.

I think CTT's staff has shown pretty good judgment overall when offering these kids. You can't get it right all the time and you are in fact, dealing with young guys who might tend to make a few more stupid mistakes. The key is that Tuberville has proven that he'll deal with problems and play no favorites. I'd feel okay with anyone who they offered because I know CTT would slap em' around if they got out of line.

Not doubting CTT at all. Not my point. Just hate to see any young person with that much potenial let it go to his head and mess up what could be a great career.

I also have all the faith in the world with CTT and his judgement of integrity of a player as well as his ability to discipline any that get out of line.

This contradicts everything I've heard. Most the articles I've read about him indicates he's very modest and soft spoken. I'm not disputing the posts here, but my information is different. I have no personal verification but what I've read.

This contradicts everything I've heard. Most the articles I've read about him indicates he's very modest and soft spoken. I'm not disputing the posts here, but my information is different. I have no personal verification but what I've read.

Thats what I have heard as well.

To answer the original question: Yes, we should REALLY want him.

I say NO. I think he will end up being a cancer for which team ends up getting him. I know that he has unbelievable athletic talent, but he seems to an all about me type of player. It's like his role models are TO, and Chad Johnson.

Your thoughts?

What has he done that has indicated that he has character problems? He's a well spoken, full academic qualifier, who is under a pretty large microscope.

I say NO. I think he will end up being a cancer for which team ends up getting him. I know that he has unbelievable athletic talent, but he seems to an all about me type of player.

How did you get the idea that he is selfish? I would love to have Julio on our team.

I've heard that he's got a bit of a cocky attitude - but who wouldn't with his status?

Even if he was a pretty hard nosed thug, I'd say give him a chance. I don't think one cancer cell would destroy the integrity of our football team. I think our football team would build him into a good character. Besides, the guy has the potential to be an All-American as a freshman if he lives up to the hype.

Your thoughts?

I would say a LOT of players have that attitude heading into college and get a rude welcome come practice time

No biggie whatsoever

I have read plenty of articles on UGA players red-shirting this year who thought they knew it all and already had the size/speed to contribute but then came to practice and were dominated in every aspect from Day 1.

Guest Tigrinum Major

What has he done that has indicated that he has character problems? He's a well spoken, full academic qualifier, who is under a pretty large microscope.

I wouldn't care if he had spikes coming out of his nostrils, a tattoo of Charles Manson on each butt check and needed a tutor just to find his way to class if he scored about six touchdowns against Alabama.

We can all say that we care about having kids that are well spoken and honor students, but the fact remains that they damn well better be able to throw, catch or run with the football in order to make us all happy on Saturdays.

Your thoughts?

You may not want him. Then again, you're not the coach.

He's definitely wanted at Auburn along with every school in the US of A. Don't throw him under the bus simply because he won't be wearing orange and blue.

Your thoughts?

He's definitely wanted at Auburn along with every school in the US of A. Don't throw him under the bus simply because he won't be wearing orange and blue.

Ok and don't throw him under the bus when he is wearing the dark pink and white of another school that's not Bama.

Your thoughts?

Ok and don't throw him under the bus when he is wearing the dark pink and white of another school that's not Bama.

Oh we won't. We aren't LSU. Man...those guys are really bad about that kind of stuff.

Your thoughts?

:lmao:

Keep telling yourself that.

Plus he lies about his squat max...

i thought we already decided you didn't know what you were talking about. i must have been mistaken.

Now we unravel the truth. You are his spotter. Thanks for clearing that up.

Guest Tigrinum Major

i thought we already decided you didn't know what you were talking about. i must have been mistaken.

Will someone please go set a small brushfire in Baldwin County so this guy will go away for a while?

Will someone please go set a small brushfire in Baldwin County so this guy will go away for a while?

Which guy, Jones or runswithmidgets? Aren't they both in Baldwin county. Wait, I get it.....two birds with one shot!!!

Nope. I stopped argueing with you guys because it was pointless...you have no clue...

Archived