Huckabee/Obama Win

WarEagle007

Fox is reporting Romney has conceded Iowa, and is showing Huckabee at 34%, Romney at 25%, Thompson at 14% with 76% reporting.

Edwards just conceded Iowa to Obama, Obama has won with 37%, Edwards with 30% and Clinton in third with 29%. 95% reporting

Interesting results, Obama and Huckabee both win convincingly...

Oh God, Edwards is going off on the "I see two Americas" speech again...

Fox is reporting Romney has conceded Iowa, and is showing Huckabee at 34%, Romney at 25%, Thompson at 14% with 76% reporting.

Edwards just conceded Iowa to Obama, Obama has won with 37%, Edwards with 30% and Clinton in third with 29%. 95% reporting

It's not too surprising to me. I think both of them represent change from what we've had for the last 8 yrs. Interestingly, Giuliani, who's tried to be as "Dubya-like" as he can be, came in last place which, I think, further underscores the desire for change.

It's not too surprising to me. I think both of them represent change from what we've had for the last 8 yrs. Interestingly, Giuliani, who's tried to be as "Dubya-like" as he can be, came in last place which, I think, further underscores the desire for change.

Only change we will see with either of these guys is higher taxes, a recession, and nuclear armed Islamofascists overrunning the Middle East...

Only change we will see with either of these guys is higher taxes, a recession, and nuclear armed Islamofascists overrunning the Middle East...

I bet you'll be glad when the writers strike is over.

Don't read too much into Iowa. Despite being 1st in the election processs, it's far from the most relevant.

I'm not so much surprised with who won as I am with the margin of victory, but, there are a heck of a lot more evangelicals in Iowa than in New Hampshire. If Huckabee wins N.H. I'd say he'll probably win the nomination because it would prove he appeals to more than the Christian conservative crowd. Personally I'd rather have Romney over him, and Thompson is my first choice, but he doesn't really have a chance at the moment. If Huckabee loses next week and Fred gets a few states in the South, it may happen, but Huckabee will be strong in the South too.

I bet you'll be glad when the writers strike is over.

No, longer writer's strike means more Reality TV!! :P And that's what these guys we have to select from remind me of; just some people that happened to be randomly picked for a reality TV show and are trying to make something out of their 15 minutes of fame. I do not see anyone at the top of these polls that is highly qualified to be President of the United States.

The last four presidents have come in third in Iowa*. Hmm, that means either Thompson or Clinton.

* This is what I was told Thursday at work. I better check it out. Hate to be branded a blowhard again. :(

I was wrong. George W. Bush won it in 2000. I knew I should haven't listened so hard.

Archived