AU vs UF

kickinwang

just about to tip off. haven't won there since 96...7 scholarship players....36 hours rest....

sounds like an auburn upset to me. B)

war damn eagle

out to a 7-0 lead and a quick timeout by florida....

9:17 left in the 1st....

tigers up 17-15

shooting 31.8% (7-22) from the field and only 10% (1-10) from 3

and another tiger hurt..sheem barrett....

9:17 left in the 1st....

tigers up 17-15

shooting 31.8% (7-22) from the field and only 10% (1-10) from 3

and another tiger hurt..sheem barrett....

Yeah definitely hope they can tape that up and go. Watching these games makes me so mad. We would have easily beat Arky and I think we would be much better than these young gators if we had vot and dollard.

halftime

uf 33- au 29

auburn shooting 31.9% (12-38) from the field

17.6% (3-17) from 3

out-rebounding florida 27-16. 11 offensive boards

4 tigers played over 15 minutes that half (tolbert with 20; tez and quan with 18; and reed with 15)

It is getting away now. This is what 7-8 players is going to do to us all year. I love tha Lebo gets all of this out of these guys, but we just cant be competitive in the SEC like this.

Guest mtn_tgr

We Have played well we just cant get our shots to fall and are getting tired and making sloppy passes now. 51-39 qith 12:12to go

Tolbert looks like he's in Lebo's doghouse today. Hasn't been Frank's best game.

For a guy who wasnt going to contribute much Lucas Hargrove is developing into a pretty good player. He would have gotten very few minutes if we had Miaway and the others, but he has stepped up quickly and played well. Larry Williams Jr has also done well considering he would have not played at all.

UFs letting us back in with mistakes and we are taking full advantage of it. Keep it close until the last 3-5 minutes and thats all you can ask.

We need Tez to distribute more and shoot less. He never has been the kind of guy who will go 5 of 8 from 3 point range. He is better when he limits his attempts to less than 5 and only takes the best looks. I would rather have tolbert, quan, barrett and maybe even hargrove doing the shooting at this juncture.

We need Tez to distribute more and shoot less. He never has been the kind of guy who will go 5 of 8 from 3 point range. He is better when he limits his attempts to less than 5 and only takes the best looks. I would rather have tolbert, quan, barrett and maybe even hargrove doing the shooting at this juncture.

About the 2:30 mark in the second half is where the last two game have gotten away from us quickly. Another gutsy performance, but it will com up short again. Future looks bright with the effort and the quality minutes for the entire team(1-7).

I was surprised to find the Auburn game on ABC here.

Im pleased by the effort but it seems like I've been saying that for 5 years now. Once Lebo gets the benefit of the new arena to recruit I sure hope we start to break through, and yes, I can wait until then.

Guest mtn_tgr

That is true if we have all our players. But when our 2 best offensive threats are gone and out for the season basically and Prowell has 4 fouls(3 offensive) with 15 minutes left in the game. And Barrett int full speed with an ankle injury you don't have any scorers left and he has to attempt to step up. THis game is dissapointing b/c we had it cut to four points with a chance to get closer but the wheels just came off. I am proud of the effort. Its just dissapointing that people will look at the score and assume a blowout. War Eagle!

That is true if we have all our players. But when our 2 best offensive threats are gone and out for the season basically and Prowell has 4 fouls(3 offensive) with 15 minutes left in the game. And Barrett int full speed with an ankle injury you don't have any scorers left and he has to attempt to step up.

What good is his shooting (no matter who is on the floor) if he is going to shoot less than 20%? We are definitely limited offensively now, but Tex and Dewayne both have yet to prove they are consistent shooters from anywhere on the floor. They are both pure point gurads. I love them both though for their defense, quickness, and never quit attitudes. Hopefully we can get through this season and all of the guys will make the most of this learning experience afforded to them by all of our injuries.

That is true if we have all our players. But when our 2 best offensive threats are gone and out for the season basically and Prowell has 4 fouls(3 offensive) with 15 minutes left in the game. And Barrett int full speed with an ankle injury you don't have any scorers left and he has to attempt to step up.

What good is his shooting (no matter who is on the floor) if he is going to shoot less than 20%? We are definitely limited offensively now, but Tex and Dewayne both have yet to prove they are consistent shooters from anywhere on the floor. They are both pure point gurads. I love them both though for their defense, quickness, and never quit attitudes. Hopefully we can get through this season and all of the guys will make the most of this learning experience afforded to them by all of our injuries.

I dont get your point? He agreed with you that under normal circumstances he wouldnt shoot much, and the shots he would take would be high percentage. Yes its not good if he shoots 20%, but thats why you play the game and shoot the shots. Right now he has to at least attempt some..maybe he will make more than miss sometimes. Its not like Tez is throwing up prayers like some of the rest of the guys. The shots Tez takes are open ones from the outside. Quan cant take every shot.

Great effort again! This team has moxy, but they run out of gas. Hard not to at this point.

Archived