Brandon Smith?

A surprise committ. Another sign and place. If I'm not mistaken, he played QB for Williamson. The kid was exciting to watch. In the 2nd round of the playoffs on a 4th and 20ish, he scrambled out of the pocket for about 18 yards then split 2 defenders and trucked Valley's best LB prospect. The game had already been decided, but at maybe 180 to see him flatten Johnny at 225 like that was impressive.

This kid sounds like he could play any number of positions. I could see him as a "bad" safety or maybe a WR. Hope Tubs knows what he's doing with all these "unknowns" while they're so many (allegedly) highly talented athletes out there. I've never seen us sign so many unknowns.

Interesting. Lots of QBs coming in, but I guess this guy will change positions. I haven't heard of him before. Hopefully he can get things in order and come help us out in a couple of years.

This kid sounds like he could play any number of positions. I could see him as a "bad" safety or maybe a WR. Hope Tubs knows what he's doing with all these "unknowns" while they're so many (allegedly) highly talented athletes out there. I've never seen us sign so many unknowns.

For what it's worth, this "unknown" was being recruited by Fla, Fla St, LSU, WVU and Boise St, so there were some solid programs out there that knew about him.

Yeah, there were alot of Big Time programs out there Looking at him....But, Auburn and Marshall were the only two to offer. It seems like other schools don't really care to sign a Sign and Place kid, But Auburn on the other hand.

Interesting. Lots of QBs coming in, but I guess this guy will change positions. I haven't heard of him before. Hopefully he can get things in order and come help us out in a couple of years.

High School coaches take their best athletes and make them quarterback. Coaches recruit "quarterbacks" and then turn them into other positions. The one example I can think of is LaRon Landry. He was a qb in high school until the coaching staff at LSU turned him into an All-American Safety

Part of signing-and-placing Brandon Smith is because he is a good player. This kid single handedly beat St.Pauls (state champs) this year. He put up 285 yards of total offense with 186 yards rushing. He looked like the best player on the field that day, and that is saying a lot considering that St.Pauls is the home of Mark Barron, AJ McCarron, Destin Hood, and Ivan Matchett. The other part comes from wanting to continue the good relationship with his coach at Williamson. We signed Fairley from Williamson last year and Antonio Coleman a few years ago. They have a few prospects next year who are definitely on the watch list (a DE named Terrence Coleman, a WR named Mujahid Assad). Williamson is a strong school in Mobile.

For what it's worth, this "unknown" was being recruited by Fla, Fla St, LSU, WVU and Boise St, so there were some solid programs out there that knew about him.

Tuberville has never been steered by recruiting ranking, he gets the players he thinks we need, and has done a good job of it. Plus, Franklin came out and said when he first arrived that he wouldn't pass up an athlete, whether we were lacking in that position or not.

Tuberville has never been steered by recruiting ranking, he gets the players he thinks we need, and has done a good job of it. Plus, Franklin came out and said when he first arrived that he wouldn't pass up an athlete, whether we were lacking in that position or not.

I know. He's a 0 star on rivals. I was just saying that since he had offers, I think, from those others schools, he's obviously not some kid that no one knows about.

High School coaches take their best athletes and make them quarterback. Coaches recruit "quarterbacks" and then turn them into other positions. The one example I can think of is LaRon Landry. He was a qb in high school until the coaching staff at LSU turned him into an All-American Safety

Two more recent examples: Courtney Taylor & Will Herring played QB for their high schools.

They have a few prospects next year who are definitely on the watch list (a DE named Terrence Coleman, a WR named Mujahid Assad). Williamson is a strong school in Mobile.

That didn't take long...Scout is reporting that we have now offered Terrence Coleman. He is the cousin of Antonio Coleman.

This Brandon Smith kid is better than scout and rivals give him credit for. ESPN has him ranked about 75, which is about a high 3 star. Ken adams is ranked 79 i think.

I think they just haven't looked at him yet. ESPN had him as a 40 yesterday, and bumped it all the way up to 75 today. I'm guessing after Auburn offered him they watched some tape. I think ESPN and Scouts are connected, so I'd expect an update on Scouts sometime soon (if it hasn't happened already...I don't have a subscription).

Two more recent examples: Courtney Taylor & Will Herring played QB for their high schools.

Ditto Mario Fannin...so when are we going to see him throw a pass from the running back position (as I've been asking for a while)? In fact wouldn't it be great to see him take a handoff from Kodi Burns, then pass it back to Kodi after KB gets into open running territory! I figure the defense would go all in to stop Fannin's run, leaving very few in position who could handle Kodi's running ability.

Ditto Mario Fannin...so when are we going to see him throw a pass from the running back position (as I've been asking for a while)? In fact wouldn't it be great to see him take a handoff from Kodi Burns, then pass it back to Kodi after KB gets into open running territory! I figure the defense would go all in to stop Fannin's run, leaving very few in position who could handle Kodi's running ability.

If I knew those kind of things, Id probably make a pretty good defensive coordinator...or psychic.

Archived