Julio to Alabama

lukeduke

It shows how low your football program has sunk when your shinning moment in the last 7 years is to crow about where you rank in the recruiting "rankings".Until you prove it on the only place that mattters(the football field) it dowsn't mean squat.

War Eagle and go ULM

i think we will start proving it on the field in a few years. depends on how many of these freshmen start in the 08 season. Rolando McClain was a true freshman and i think he made a huge contribution in the 07 season. so they can make a difference. it might be that we've had nothing else to crow about in the last 6 or 7 years, but it must sting a little that our program has "sunk so low", yet we are still able to beat out AU for top shelf talent this year.

Portugal used to be a world power too. Who knows,maybe they will be again one day.

something i find interesting is the cycle in which the past 6 years how teams that recruit a #1 class win or have won a MNC in that same time frame, except for UF.

2002 - Texas/won MNC in 2005

2003 - LSU/ won MNC in 2003 and 2007

2004 - USC/won MNC same year

2005 - USC/already won MNC in 2004, so obviously this class had no part in it

2006 - USC/" "

2007 - UF/we'll see?

not saying we're guaranteed to win a MNC in the next X amount of years, but i am encouraged at our odds of at least a run at the SECCG sometime in the next few years. signing another good class next year wouldn't hurt either.

It shows how low your football program has sunk when your shinning moment in the last 7 years is to crow about where you rank in the recruiting "rankings".Until you prove it on the only place that mattters(the football field) it dowsn't mean squat.

War Eagle and go ULM

It shows how irrelevent you are when the Number 1 wide receiver in the country doesnt even consider you over your in state rival..much less a team as far away as Oklahoma. But, that could be because your dumbass coaches forgot about him. Yep, them Auburn coaches are showing their true recruiting talent today. How many recruits have you lost today?

War Eagle and go ULM

It shows how irrelevent you are when the Number 1 wide receiver in the country doesnt even consider you over your in state rival..much less a team as far away as Oklahoma. But, that could be because your dumbass coaches forgot about him. Yep, them Auburn coaches are showing their true recruiting talent today. How many recruits have you lost today?

Another classy post from you. At least BG and a few others have it. <_<

War Eagle and go ULM

Another classy post from you. At least BG and a few others have it. <_<

I'm just bringing it down to his level so he can understand.

War Eagle and go ULM

i think we will start proving it on the field in a few years. depends on how many of these freshmen start in the 08 season. Rolando McClain was a true freshman and i think he made a huge contribution in the 07 season. so they can make a difference. it might be that we've had nothing else to crow about in the last 6 or 7 years, but it must sting a little that our program has "sunk so low", yet we are still able to beat out AU for top shelf talent this year.

Portugal used to be a world power too. Who knows,maybe they will be again one day.

something i find interesting is the cycle in which the past 6 years how teams that recruit a #1 class win or have won a MNC in that same time frame, except for UF.

2006 - USC/" "

2007 - UF/we'll see?

not saying we're guaranteed to win a MNC in the next X amount of years, but i am encouraged at our odds of at least a run at the SECCG sometime in the next few years. signing another good class next year wouldn't hurt either.

I agree that Bama will be much more competitve on the field over the next few years.

HOWEVER, those schools that were winning NCs after their #1 recruiting classes had numberous top ten recruiting classes to go along with it.

Unless Bama keeps it up over the next few years, I don't expect much more than an SEC West title.

War Eagle and go ULM

2006 - USC/" "

2007 - UF/we'll see?

I agree that Bama will be much more competitve on the field over the next few years.

HOWEVER, those schools that were winning NCs after their #1 recruiting classes had numberous top ten recruiting classes to go along with it.

Unless Bama keeps it up over the next few years, I don't expect much more than an SEC West title.

i certainly agree with you there. i think it will take more than this class alone to get us to an SECCG. i'm proud of the class we have, but as i said in another thread, we really need another class or two of this caliber to become a contender for the SEC.

Archived