The Ice Cream Party Begins

Proud Tiger

MCSO likes to do it for some reason, not sure why. most departments don't.

:bs:

unless you work for the sheriff's office or another one in the area you pretty much just made this up

i do work for a police department in the area actually. way to look stupid, champ.

you just now found out about him getting arrested?? slackers. anyways, in Alabama, you can be arrested for no proof of insurance. MCSO likes to do it for some reason, not sure why. most departments don't. i've had to call over there for clarification on criminal histories and stuff before when something like that would come up out of MCSO, because i never would have imagined they would arrest somebody for no insurance. most departments just cut them loose. fwiw, it could have been a failure to appear on a ticket for no insurance too. and that could be as simple as he thought court was a different day than it really was. i don't really see what the big deal is. if it were like a drug charge or something i would be with you. but geez......

Ridiculous statement. No proof of insurance is a uniform traffic citation in Alabama. You don't get arrested. Unless, that is, you: a) refuse to sign the ticket, B) have a warrant for not taking care of a previous ticket for that offense, or c) get arrested for something else such as DUI. Alabama Title 32 explains this whole process.

NO agency in Alabama "likes to do it for some reason". If you think so, tell us which agency and where you got your info so I can call their commanders and get it fixed. Otherwise quit the "stupid cops" schtick. It gets old quick.

you can get arrested for a UTC. some other examples are careless driving, reckless driving, speeding, speeding above a prudent speed, etc. whether that is what they did or not, i don't know. MCSO has done it alot in the past when they get a wild hair......i'm thinking a more likely scenario is he failed to appear for a court date and got arrested for an FTA on it. when you FTA, you are arrested on a capias warrant on whatever charge you failed to appear in court for.

But the question remains and everyone here seems scared to address it. I'm tired of the spin, tired of the rumors, gossip and insinuations. Just meet the issue head on people:

What flavor ice cream do these boys like the most?

Still iving in the past huh?

Wasn't that during a different coach? Yea Shula.

I'm sure you are tired of the ''rumor, gossip, spin and insinuations.

It seems to be what drives you guys extremely hard ,especially after signing day. More than ussual.

Pretty entertaining actually. Speaking of rumors is tubs still on your recruiting team? Oh thats right, You guys are currently looking for a firm to handle that. My bad.

A Bammer talking about living in the past? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! OH, Sorry, I started choking on irony.

Yup, sorta like a barner's accusations of cheating.

Like I said earlier,how's that T.Bowden hush fund coming?

Also I bet if it had been one of your signees you'd be singing the same tune as Bama fans. Check the Facts.

Fact is ,right now it's all a bunch of nothing with barners wishing ill will. You don't have to say it.

When you imply "no big deal" as you and RWS are doing I think you overlook the point that St. Nick knew of Burton's arrest three days BEFORE signing day and did not hesitate to go ahead and sign him. Do you know of any other case ever where a school has signed a kid with the outcome of an arrest impending. I guess holding on the that #1 recruiting ranking was more important.

I can't say what Tubs or any other coach would do but if it were up to me I would have put Burton's signing on hold until all the facts were on the table and the issues resolved. Is that asking too much?

Also I bet if it had been one of your signees you'd be singing the same tune as Bama fans. Check the Facts.

Fact is ,right now it's all a bunch of nothing with barners wishing ill will. You don't have to say it.

When you imply "no big deal" as you and RWS are doing I think you overlook the point that St. Nick knew of Burton's arrest three days BEFORE signing day and did not hesitate to go ahead and sign him. Do you know of any other case ever where a school has signed a kid with the outcome of an arrest impending. I guess holding on the that #1 recruiting ranking was more important.

I can't say what Tubs or any other coach would do but if it were up to me I would have put Burton's signing on hold until all the facts were on the table and the issues resolved. Is that asking too much?

if it was something as simple as he forgot to show up for a court date, that would be a pretty easy thing to deal with.

"Hey, wtf? you got arrested?"

"I forgot to show up for court on a ticket"

"Oh..."

if that was the case, which is what i think, then thats a pretty easy 10 second conversation to have to get to the bottom of things. or he could have called MCSO himself and asked them what exactly he was arrested for. who was the guy at AU who had a warrant on him this past season for a failure to appear? i seem to remember everybody here dismissing that as "he's a kid, he forgot his court date. no big deal." but let an Alabama kid do it, and he's a hardened criminal.

I don't know the particulars of this case but for those who say this isn't an offense that usually gets you arrested you are incorrect. All traffic citations are in fact arrests. If you get a ticket for anything you have been arrested and released on your own recognizance. The officer can take you to jail for failure to use a turn signal if they choose, they do not have to write you a ticket and release you. It is a courtesy. Usually (especially with the Sheriff's Department which does not routinely work traffic) if they jail you on a moving violation you were making a jackass of yourself.

Some sage advice I once got from a 36 year vet of the MCSO (my dad) never argue with an officer. If you feel the arrest/ticket is in error, go to court. If you ever argue with an officer you are wrong, period.

if it was something as simple as he forgot to show up for a court date, that would be a pretty easy thing to deal with.

"Hey, wtf? you got arrested?"

"I forgot to show up for court on a ticket"

"Oh..."

if that was the case, which is what i think, then thats a pretty easy 10 second conversation to have to get to the bottom of things. or he could have called MCSO himself and asked them what exactly he was arrested for. who was the guy at AU who had a warrant on him this past season for a failure to appear? i seem to remember everybody here dismissing that as "he's a kid, he forgot his court date. no big deal." but let an Alabama kid do it, and he's a hardened criminal.

That was King Dunlap, and actually there was a pretty spirited debate about whether he should be suspended. He was not...

His circumstances were an unpaid speeding ticket as many have described above.

I agree and disagree to some extent with others in the thread. The only differences are:

1. Timing

2. Age of said players (Ours was older, as older goes with CFB players)

3. One was a recruit, the other a Senior.

How those differences stack up, you make the call.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...st&p=400253

I don't know the particulars of this case but for those who say this isn't an offense that usually gets you arrested you are incorrect. All traffic citations are in fact arrests. If you get a ticket for anything you have been arrested and released on your own recognizance. The officer can take you to jail for failure to use a turn signal if they choose, they do not have to write you a ticket and release you. It is a courtesy. Usually (especially with the Sheriff's Department which does not routinely work traffic) if they jail you on a moving violation you were making a jackass of yourself.

Some sage advice I once got from a 36 year vet of the MCSO (my dad) never argue with an officer. If you feel the arrest/ticket is in error, go to court. If you ever argue with an officer you are wrong, period.

correct.

In a related story...

Gene Stallings to Antonio Langham: "Son, did you have contact with an agent?"

Langham: "No, Coach"

Stallings: "I conducted an investigation and Antonio told me he did not have contact with an agent. That's good enough for me."

unless you work for the sheriff's office or another one in the area you pretty much just made this up

i do work for a police department in the area actually. way to look stupid, champ.

How many jobs do you have? How many towns are you from? How many semi-celebrities have ridden in your car?

You seem to be an expert on everything.

How many jobs do you have? How many towns are you from? How many semi-celebrities have ridden in your car?

i have 1 job. i'm from one town. and only 1 semi-celebrity, if you count me. :big:

Come on Auburn fans. Lets not do this. This is the stuff I hate Alabama fans for doing. The kid didn't have his insurance. At most, he did not have insurance at all which is certainly breaking the law, but to expect Saban to say, "Ah never mind on this kid, his parents told him he could get away with not having insurance, must be a bad kid and definately one I can't turn around." And that is worse case scenario.

If this had happened to an Auburn recruit, highly rated or not and Tubs didn't sign him because he didn't have his insurance I would be furious and I bet a lot of you would be too. This is a no story, just an 18 year old kid was being stupid. Let's move on.

Come on Auburn fans. Lets not do this. This is the stuff I hate Alabama fans for doing. The kid didn't have his insurance. At most, he did not have insurance at all which is certainly breaking the law, but to expect Saban to say, "Ah never mind on this kid, his parents told him he could get away with not having insurance, must be a bad kid and definately one I can't turn around." And that is worse case scenario.

If this had happened to an Auburn recruit, highly rated or not and Tubs didn't sign him because he didn't have his insurance I would be furious and I bet a lot of you would be too. This is a no story besides and 18 kid was being stupid. Let's move on.

On the money autiger4life. The kid was being unresponsible or possibly rude to the officer.Who knows?

Not much to it.

But the question remains and everyone here seems scared to address it. I'm tired of the spin, tired of the rumors, gossip and insinuations. Just meet the issue head on people:

It seems to be what drives you guys extremely hard ,especially after signing day. More than ussual.

Pretty entertaining actually. Speaking of rumors is tubs still on your recruiting team? Oh thats right, You guys are currently looking for a firm to handle that. My bad.

A Bammer talking about living in the past? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! OH, Sorry, I started choking on irony.

Have you seen how fat he's gotten? What do you think?

Have you seen how fat he's gotten? What do you think?

LOL ,He wasn't thin while he was your coach!.

That's pretty funny stuff. :lol:

Happens all the time. (but there MUST be something more to it.)

Another 18 year old kid is a witness, and get this ......an innocent witness, any ones grand mother could be a withness. People are in the wrong places sometimes happens at malls , schools , remember? Does it make him a thug or guilty of somethimg? YOU WISH IT DID. (but there must be more to it,the guys was 30 something!!!)

Grandmothers usually hang out at gospel singings, bingo nights, & book clubs. Most don't hang out with people half their age, in the ghetto, and running with people who are out the those who are out to kill them.

And no, I don't wish this lands him in prison, off the playing field, and/or out of college. If they guy is coming from such a negative background (according to what I've read.....I don't know personally), then college and collegiate athletics could be a big spring board for him to rise above the things that have hindered him. I am only saying that the circumstances are odd and would make me wonder about what he WAS doing. I think that this could be something positive for him IF he was involved with drugs, murders, and all the other claims out there.

way to have reading comprehension champ

Another 18 year old kid is a witness, and get this ......an innocent witness, any ones grand mother could be a withness. People are in the wrong places sometimes happens at malls , schools , remember? Does it make him a thug or guilty of somethimg? YOU WISH IT DID. (but there must be more to it,the guys was 30 something!!!)

Grandmothers usually hang out at gospel singings, bingo nights, & book clubs. Most don't hang out with people half their age, in the ghetto, and running with people who are out the those who are out to kill them.

And no, I don't wish this lands him in prison, off the playing field, and/or out of college. If they guy is coming from such a negative background (according to what I've read.....I don't know personally), then college and collegiate athletics could be a big spring board for him to rise above the things that have hindered him. I am only saying that the circumstances are odd and would make me wonder about what he WAS doing. I think that this could be something positive for him IF he was involved with drugs, murders, and all the other claims out there.

Your right, hopefully this is a chance for positive things for the young man.

As far as him hanging out in the ghetto, he lives in a bad part of town,what's he supposed to do?

He may not have been hanging with the guy. Maybe it was a ride from a neighbor.

We can't assume he was hanging or that he was up to no good. Same with hanging with someone that was being hunted by someone with a gun. We don't know that so we shouldn't assume that.

The claims are from folks who are speculating. I'm in the same boat, I just choose to keep it a bit more positive and I'm not making any claims of knowing any more than anyone else.

Regardless, I agree with you. Getting in to school and away from whatever problems ,wheather he was up to no good or not , is good for the kid.

Wish Alabama would start required yearly inspections on all automobiles now.

Alabama is nice about their insurance law. I always grew up with one and couldn't beleive they took so long to get it. Some states will tow you on the spot without proof of current insurance right on the spot.

Funny how people are like aww its just insurance no big deal etc etc.. hehe wonder what you guys would say if he hit you or someone in your family.

Notice.. nowhere did I say I wish him hung, kicked out of school, shot, or any ill will... but driving without insurance is unacceptable and bad for him and others.

Wish Alabama would start required yearly inspections on all automobiles now.

Alabama is nice about their insurance law. I always grew up with one and couldn't beleive they took so long to get it. Some states will tow you on the spot without proof of current insurance right on the spot.

Funny how people are like aww its just insurance no big deal etc etc.. hehe wonder what you guys would say if he hit you or someone in your family.

Notice.. nowhere did I say I wish him hung, kicked out of school, shot, or any ill will... but driving without insurance is unacceptable and bad for him and others.

No question about it. You drive you need insurance. I have to pay for it,dearly I might add, so does everyone else.

Your right, hopefully this is a chance for positive things for the young man.

As far as him hanging out in the ghetto, he lives in a bad part of town,what's he supposed to do?

He may not have been hanging with the guy. Maybe it was a ride from a neighbor.

We can't assume he was hanging or that he was up to no good. Same with hanging with someone that was being hunted by someone with a gun. We don't know that so we shouldn't assume that.

The claims are from folks who are speculating. I'm in the same boat, I just choose to keep it a bit more positive and I'm not making any claims of knowing any more than anyone else.

Regardless, I agree with you. Getting in to school and away from whatever problems ,wheather he was up to no good or not , is good for the kid.

I think we all can agree that we hope all these young men have a positive experience at their respective universities. I can remember how immature I was when I started at Auburn. And I wasn't playing a time consuming sport (unless you count throwing empty beer bottles at road signs). I wish them all well, and a long, healthy life. May they all find the positive guidance they need.

Archived