The Ice Cream Party Begins

Proud Tiger

sifning day?

I got a ticket in Mobile a couple of years ago for not having my insurance card in my car. I didn't get arrested though. You go to court and show proof of insurance and they make you pay a 100 dollar court cost. There may be something else to this story.

sifning day?

I got a ticket in Mobile a couple of years ago for not having my insurance card in my car. I didn't get arrested though. You go to court and show proof of insurance and they make you pay a 100 dollar court cost. There may be something else to this story.

I'm no lawyer, but I suspect "not having my insurance card in my car" vs. "driving without insurance" are two totally different issues.

The only Ice Cream Party being had is with the Bammer media. If one of AU's recruits had this issue, you bet damn well you'd hear all about it.

I'd be more concerned that JJ was riding around with a 33 year old man who ended up shot to death later that day!!! There's got to be more to that story. You CAN judge someone by the company they keep.

I'd be more concerned that JJ was riding around with a 33 year old man who ended up shot to death later that day!!! There's got to be more to that story. You CAN judge someone by the company they keep.

I asked Jumbo the same thing today....Why was JJ in a vehicle with a 33 year old Man, when he's 18? That to me is kinda.....oh I don't know, Weird maybe? I wonder if it was a Drug Deal gone bad or something, you know to have someone pump 5 slugs in someone else just doesn't sound like...."Well, they just didn't get along." Or whatever the bammerham media stated a few days ago.

Question about Burton Scott; Was it that he didn't have his car insurance On Him, he didn't have car insurance at all, or the car he was in wasn't registered with his car insurance? Also, why did they pull him over in the first place, routine check or was it something else?

I asked Jumbo the same thing today....Why was JJ in a vehicle with a 33 year old Man, when he's 18? That to me is kinda.....oh I don't know, Weird maybe? I wonder if it was a Drug Deal gone bad or something, you know to have someone pump 5 slugs in someone else just doesn't sound like...."Well, they just didn't get along." Or whatever the bammerham media stated a few days ago.

Question about Burton Scott; Was it that he didn't have his car insurance On Him, he didn't have car insurance at all, or the car he was in wasn't registered with his car insurance? Also, why did they pull him over in the first place, routine check or was it something else?

It seems to me like you're actually rooting for 18 year olds to be in trouble, Prowler.

Forget the Alabama versus Auburn bullstuff. Getting your hopes up for teenagers to be involved in foul play is pathetic at best. Grow up.

Recent bama signee Burton Scott was arrested Feb. 4 in Mobile for driving without insurance. He was out on $1000 bail on sifning day.

I'm not sure what all is involved, but this is more than surface value. Perhaps, he has been fined numerous time for the same offense or something else is factored in.

In Alabama, driving without the mandatory liability insurance needed for a vehicle is termed a MLI violation. When you are given a citation in AL for a MLI violation and the conviction is final, the court will notify the department of revenue. This state agency will then suspend your license plate registration.

For a first time license plate registration suspension in Alabama you can immediately get it reinstated if you pay a reinstatement fee of $100 and show current proof of insurance. If it is your second or subsequent time with a registration suspension there will be a 4 month suspension in addition to a $200 reinstatement fee, plus the need for proof of insurance.

Beyond the registration suspension, any owner or operator of a vehicle convicted of a MIL violation may be fined up to $500 for the first offense. If convicted a second or subsequent time the fine may be up to $1,000 or a 6 month driver's license suspension or both.

If you have received a citation for driving without insurance in Alabama, you can shop now for the required automobile insurance.

Link

you just now found out about him getting arrested?? slackers. anyways, in Alabama, you can be arrested for no proof of insurance. MCSO likes to do it for some reason, not sure why. most departments don't. i've had to call over there for clarification on criminal histories and stuff before when something like that would come up out of MCSO, because i never would have imagined they would arrest somebody for no insurance. most departments just cut them loose. fwiw, it could have been a failure to appear on a ticket for no insurance too. and that could be as simple as he thought court was a different day than it really was. i don't really see what the big deal is. if it were like a drug charge or something i would be with you. but geez......

Prowler you bring up some great points, this is Alabama not C-o-m-p-t-o-n

It seems to me like you're actually rooting for 18 year olds to be in trouble, Prowler.

Forget the Alabama versus Auburn bullstuff. Getting your hopes up for teenagers to be involved in foul play is pathetic at best. Grow up.

He is grown and he played football instead of reading about it like yourself girly man.

Grow up yourself. No one here is rooting for 18 year olds to be in trouble. Just stating fact. Your much heralded signing class is less than a week old and your top two saviors have already been involved in scrapes with the law. I sincerely hope these guys can straighten themselves out (I don't root for ANYONE to be in trouble), but it doesn't bode well so far.

Grow up yourself. No one here is rooting for 18 year olds to be in trouble. Just stating fact. Your much heralded signing class is less than a week old and your top two saviors have already been involved in scrapes with the law. I sincerely hope these guys can straighten themselves out (I don't root for ANYONE to be in trouble), but it doesn't bode well so far.

because somebody is a prosecution witness in a murder case, that is a "scrape with the law"? wow, i guess i'm a pretty shady character myself then.

MCSO likes to do it for some reason, not sure why. most departments don't.

:bs:

unless you work for the sheriff's office or another one in the area you pretty much just made this up

you just now found out about him getting arrested?? slackers. anyways, in Alabama, you can be arrested for no proof of insurance. MCSO likes to do it for some reason, not sure why. most departments don't. i've had to call over there for clarification on criminal histories and stuff before when something like that would come up out of MCSO, because i never would have imagined they would arrest somebody for no insurance. most departments just cut them loose. fwiw, it could have been a failure to appear on a ticket for no insurance too. and that could be as simple as he thought court was a different day than it really was. i don't really see what the big deal is. if it were like a drug charge or something i would be with you. but geez......

Ridiculous statement. No proof of insurance is a uniform traffic citation in Alabama. You don't get arrested. Unless, that is, you: a) refuse to sign the ticket, B) have a warrant for not taking care of a previous ticket for that offense, or c) get arrested for something else such as DUI. Alabama Title 32 explains this whole process.

NO agency in Alabama "likes to do it for some reason". If you think so, tell us which agency and where you got your info so I can call their commanders and get it fixed. Otherwise quit the "stupid cops" schtick. It gets old quick.

But the question remains and everyone here seems scared to address it. I'm tired of the spin, tired of the rumors, gossip and insinuations. Just meet the issue head on people:

What flavor ice cream do these boys like the most?

Doesn't take much for barners to get all excited.

An 18 years old kid doesn't have insurance. And yes they can and sometimes will take you down to make bail if the officer has a sh!tty day. Happens all the time. (but there MUST be something more to it.)

Another 18 year old kid is a witness, and get this ......an innocent witness, any ones grand mother could be a withness. People are in the wrong places sometimes happens at malls , schools , remember? Does it make him a thug or guilty of somethimg? YOU WISH IT DID. (but there must be more to it,the guys was 30 something!!!)

WOW , uncle,brother cousin? I don't know sounds fishy he is 30 something you know.

I'm glad it has made your day. Easy to see what you wish would happen.

Also I bet if it had been one of your signees you'd be singing the same tune as Bama fans. Check the Facts.

Fact is ,right now it's all a bunch of nothing with barners wishing ill will. You don't have to say it.

I do love the usuall comments by some of you ''there has to be ,,oh god I hope so ,more to it''

Pathetic and really sad.

I said on another thread it really amazes me how worried some of you are that the playing field get even by way of talent on the field.

But the question remains and everyone here seems scared to address it. I'm tired of the spin, tired of the rumors, gossip and insinuations. Just meet the issue head on people:

Still iving in the past huh?

Wasn't that during a different coach? Yea Shula.

I'm sure you are tired of the ''rumor, gossip, spin and insinuations.

It seems to be what drives you guys extremely hard ,especially after signing day. More than ussual.

Pretty entertaining actually. Speaking of rumors is tubs still on your recruiting team? Oh thats right, You guys are currently looking for a firm to handle that. My bad.

It seems to be what drives you guys extremely hard ,especially after signing day. More than ussual.

Pretty entertaining actually. Speaking of rumors is tubs still on your recruiting team? Oh thats right, You guys are currently looking for a firm to handle that. My bad.

uh no, this isn't just a "shula" thing. please, please, please try to defend nicky's complete lack of discipline from last year.

A Bammer talking about living in the past? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! OH, Sorry, I started choking on irony.

I like ice cream. My favorite flavor is strawberry.

I favor vanilla bean, especially Blue Bell's. In a bowl, cone, over pies and cobblers. :thumb_ttiwwop:

Archived