Kudos to UA, AU, UGA, UT, UF Arky, MSU

BamaGrad03

Those teams scheduled at least one REAL OOC opponent.

UA - Clemson

AU - WVU

Arky - Texas

UF - Miami

UGA - Arizona St

MSU - Ga Tech

UT - UCLA

Boo on LSU for scheduling: App St, Troy, North Texas and Tulane

What's crazy is that LSU has to open with App St, Troy and North Texas...then they paly @Auburn. I'm calling it right now, LSU loses that game by 10+.

It's always tough when we play LSU, I don't remember the last time either team lost by 10 so I don't think that's very likely. And playing App State is not something to be ashamed of. At least not to me.

hey Troy isn't a push over team. i dont know how they are going to do without tony franklin, but they are no slouche

I'd rather play Troy than WVU or Clemson.

It'll be hard for LSU to Not overlook any of those three....I smell an Upset by Troy, or Appy State. Now wouldn't that hurt the SEC's credibility....Wow.

hey Troy isn't a push over team. i dont know how they are going to do without tony franklin, but they are no slouche

I'd rather play Troy than WVU or Clemson.

Well, yeah. I'm glad Auburn plays UWV this year and not a rematch with Clemson. Especially, if we had to play them the Opening Weekend.

It's always tough when we play LSU, I don't remember the last time either team lost by 10 so I don't think that's very likely. And playing App State is not something to be ashamed of. At least not to me.

Auburn and LSU both had 31-7 home victories in 2002 & 2003. Also it seems since 1999 the game at Auburn is early in the season and Baton Rouge is later in the season. (The 2001 game at Baton Rouge was later because of 9-11.) I understand it’s an advantage to for Auburn in Jordan-Hare but I’ve often wondered if catching them early on the schedule helps as well.

I agree with BG, I love watching SEC teams play real OOC teams. Georgia is leading the charge in playing more and more quality OOC teams. I don't know what happened to Auburn and Alabama but they went into a lull when it came to OOC teams in the 1990's. I wish LSU would sack up and get TAMU back on their schedule. Kudos to GaTech playing more and more SEC teams, way to make up for running out on the conference way back when.

Love Troy and all, but they're going to get blown out in Death Valley. Blown. Out.

I like Auburn's chances because it's been since 1998 since they beat us on the Plains. As much change as we've had, their turnover is going to be just as severe because they lost so much in terms of personnel: top receiver, QB, number one tailback (and team identity)... plus the drama that Perriloux adds can't really be quantified. And that's the unit that's supposed to carry the team early as the defense copes with losing two of four linemen (including Dorsey), two of three linebackers (including Highsmith), both corners, and one safety. I like our matchup with LSU.

Isn't Perriloux off the team?

If he is, I'd say their chances of winning the West are even slimmer.

Troy lost 3 of their best players and their offensive coordinator. The question for Troy next year might be how bad they will be instead of how good will they be.

It'll be hard for LSU to Not overlook any of those three....I smell an Upset by Troy, or Appy State. Now wouldn't that hurt the SEC's credibility....Wow.

I agree, Lsu will lose 5 games this year, down with the tigas

Kentucky plays Louisville. South Carolina has North Carolina and Clemson on their 2008 schedule. Ole Miss and Vandy both play at Wake Forest.

Kentucky plays Louisville. South Carolina has North Carolina and Clemson on their 2008 schedule. Ole Miss and Vandy both play at Wake Forest.

Wake Forest sucks, and sucked when they scheduled them. Kentucky plays Louisville every year just like UF plays FSU. SC same thing with Clemson.

I was really talking about SEC schools that broke out of their norm for OOC scheduling.

Actually, that is the norm for most of these schools. Most SEC clubs will play at least one legit OOC game every year; however, the problem with perception about the strength of most OOC schedules comes from playing 4 of them every year. Most SEC schools play one then fill the remainder with directional schools. With the exception of 04' Auburn has played games against USC twice, GT twice, Syracuse, Kansas State etc.

UT has been playing clubs like Cal and Notre Dame the past few years. Arky traditionally schedules Texas and recently was beyotch slapped twice by the Trojans. Personally, I'd always like to see our OOC schedule set up similar to last year. K-State is a school from a BCS conference and South Florida (Going in) seemed to be good competition just a step below that. Two legit games and two scrubs to give you a break.

Wake Forest sucks, and sucked when they scheduled them. Kentucky plays Louisville every year just like UF plays FSU. SC same thing with Clemson.

I was really talking about SEC schools that broke out of their norm for OOC scheduling.

They may have sucked when scheduled, but Coach Grobe has put together a pretty good program. Today, it's dangerous to overlook almost anybody. Can be embarrasing.

Even though it's a conference game, Auburn and Alabama play every year. I don't count it against teams that pretty much have to play their in-state rival. Local bragging rights are very important.

I like scheduling at least two strong OOC games per season. Of course, one never knows when a traditionally strong program is going to drop a notch, or a traditionally weak program is going to pick it up a few notches.

Actually, that is the norm for most of these schools. Most SEC clubs will play at least one legit OOC game every year; however, the problem with perception about the strength of most OOC schedules comes from playing 4 of them every year. Most SEC schools play one then fill the remainder with directional schools. With the exception of 04' Auburn has played games against USC twice, GT twice, Syracuse, Kansas State etc.

UT has been playing clubs like Cal and Notre Dame the past few years. Arky traditionally schedules Texas and recently was beyotch slapped twice by the Trojans. Personally, I'd always like to see our OOC schedule set up similar to last year. K-State is a school from a BCS conference and South Florida (Going in) seemed to be good competition just a step below that. Two legit games and two scrubs to give you a break.

Great minds think alike. I thought it was the norm for most SEC schools also. Of course, as we all know, one of the other misconceptions about SEC schools playing weak OOC teams is that our in conference schedule is the toughest in the country. Even traditional floormats like Vandy and Kentucky have stepped it up the last few years, so no SEC game is a gimme anymore. You can't say that about the PAC-10 that's for sure. So please forgive us for playing a few patsies before we start beating up on each other.

I do agree that LSU should be ashamed for not scheduling at least one decent OOC team. For me, I would want to have at least that one game to know how my team stands up against a good non-SEC team. Besides the fact that Okie and USC did not lose a game either, it did not help us that we did not play at least one decent OOC game in 2004. You gotta have at least that one game, then after that, as an SEC team, it shouldn't matter if I play Sister Helga's Women's College, because I know I got to face teams from the toughest conference in the land for the rest of the season

SERIOUSLY? NO WAY! Everybody listen up!!!!! Mark it down, and take a note........If LSU is upset by Troy or Appalachian State this year then I will personaly shave my head, put on some tity whities and run across the field at the Auburn/LSU game in 08'!!!!!

AUBURNJAC

I agree with BG, I love watching SEC teams play real OOC teams. Georgia is leading the charge in playing more and more quality OOC teams. I don't know what happened to Auburn and Alabama but they went into a lull when it came to OOC teams in the 1990's. I wish LSU would sack up and get TAMU back on their schedule. Kudos to GaTech playing more and more SEC teams, way to make up for running out on the conference way back when.

LSU has tried to get TAMU on their schedule. They want nothing to do with it because of recruiting purposes. Because LSU recruits Texas pretty well. LSU has also tried to get Texas to play, Texas refused because of the same reason.

But for this year LSU was going to play Texas Tech, until TT decided to play Eastern Washington instead. Then LSU added App. St.

What I don't like is playing Tulane for 10 years in a row.

But for this year LSU was going to play Texas Tech, until TT decided to play Eastern Washington instead. Then LSU added App. St.

Did you know?

This will be the first time the defending IA and IAA champions have ever played each other.

Somehow, there has to be a way to schedule ONE game a year based on brackets like NCAA basketball. Take the last season's fianl poll, pre-season rankings, something; and pair up teams. Have a rotating home/away schedule for each school and let 'em play. Split the money 50/50. Today, you can hop on a plane and go; 50 years ago, that was not the case. I think some schools lean on the excuse of "planning, logistics, budgets, etc" to keep from doing this. If you can't handle it, you don't need to be a BCS school.

Fresno State says "Anybody; Anytime; Anywhere" It's time for everybody else to step up.

LSU has tried to get TAMU on their schedule. They want nothing to do with it because of recruiting purposes. Because LSU recruits Texas pretty well. LSU has also tried to get Texas to play, Texas refused because of the same reason.

What I don't like is playing Tulane for 10 years in a row.

Texas Tech didn't want to play LSU because you all refused to go to Lubbock

You wanted a LSU/Dallas series.

Why are you all surprised TT said no? They aren't some D2 school

Archived