Bad news for Clemson

Justin5

If this is true, (which I hope it isn't) that is about the dumbest thing I have seen. If you did get it, you knew it was illegal, so why go flaunting it? Just plain stupid.

Anyway, Go Clemson, beat the crap outta bama.

I guess this happens, but wish it didn't. It would seem that before you give someone that kind of money, you make sure they know how to handle it. :blink:

So, was this the reason why we backed off of Antoine McClain?

DING DING DING DING! We have a wiener!

I doubt anything comes of this though. It seems like every year a recruit somewhere does something stupid, but the SEC gets out the broom while the NCAA looks the other way. Remember the UF recruit that blabbed about going to the team that paid the most?

Something wierd happened at the end of the McClain recruting process. His mother got hired by a Bama law firm in Gadsden around a week after he signed donned the houndstooth hat.

Something wierd happened at the end of the McClain recruting process. His mother got hired by a Bama law firm in Gadsden around a week after he signed donned the houndstooth hat.

Antione McClain is a clemson signee...Nice try though.

Antione McClain is a clemson signee...Nice try though.

Hoopie was talking about Jerrell Harris. A. McClain is from Anniston and Auburn pulled their Scholarship from him about a week or two before Signing Day.

He gets my vote for dumbest football player ever. If this is real, which it looks it is, then he stands a chance of not playing any college football if the NCAA does their job right. Why would you brag about $20,000 dollars when you have the chance to play college ball and then possibly make millions in the NFL. Now he may be stuck with that $20,000 having to last him a lot longer then he anticipated. Great use of MySpace genius! <_<

Say that it is just a joke and those are some very real looking bills he has in has hand. Why would you even joke around about something like this with the school you just signed with? I bet you there is some clause in his scholarship offer that could get that taken away from him just because he did something that brought negative attention to the team and school. Once again, very, very stupid on is part.

Just more evidence of how far behind the SEC the ACC really is. We all know the going rate in Tuscaloosa is $100k+. :rolleyes:

I thought it was $150k for an out of shape linemen like what - a decade ago? Sabear must not have wanted this guy very much. ;)

Why is a picture of a uat "player" on Clemson's web site?

Archived