What does an Auburn scholarship offer look like?

AU_tiger_2000

thats pretty cool! didnt read them all but richrod's note made me think of a junior high love letter XOXO :hearts:

Thats not even a scholarship...read all of the "conditions": that is essentially an invitation to camp. Forcier couldn't commit with that piece of paper even if he wanted to.

I have no idea what the norm is for Auburn extending offers. I can, however, tell you that that letter would make most people believe Forcier has a full scholarship offer. The offer is conditional, but those conditions are not particularly high bars (what coach is going to say "yeah this guy's a bum... no leadership skills" or what good is a commitment if the kid doesn't make grades?). If we're sending that letter as an invitation to camp, we're being shady as hell.

yeah, it reads to me like its an offer, but we are covering our own asses at the same time. I figure offer letters in Jan don't have those conditions, or maybe they do, in the case of non-qualifiers.

I looked at some of the other offers, and they don't seem to have quite the conditions that we do. I wonder if thats a turn-off to some recruits. Or maybe it helps us get the 'right' attitudes.

Lastly, why do I get the feeling that a guy like Tate who builds his own website and posts all his offer letters, isn't an Auburn Man?

Thats not even a scholarship...read all of the "conditions": that is essentially an invitation to camp. Forcier couldn't commit with that piece of paper even if he wanted to.

Um, I'm guessing when it says, "We are therefore prepared,to offer you a scholarship to Auburn University if you meet the following requirements:" That means he is being offered a scholarship and he just has to meet the requirements to be accepted into the school.

anyone else find it odd that lsu's didnt have the 2008 national championship on their letterhead?

seems like that would be the first thing you would want to fix.

Lastly, why do I get the feeling that a guy like Tate who builds his own website and posts all his offer letters, isn't an Auburn Man?

Really? You're ready to dismiss a guy just like that? I see nothing wrong with it.

Many, MANY of these kids have "media packages" out there. They're trying to sell themselves to schools just like people in the working world try to sell themselves to prospective employers. The kid's just trying to give himself the best opportunity possible.

Also, if you'll notice, the URL is qbforce.com/tate. Go to just qbforce.com, and maybe you'll understand a little better where this kid comes from.

Really? You're ready to dismiss a guy just like that? I see nothing wrong with it.

Many, MANY of these kids have "media packages" out there. They're trying to sell themselves to schools just like people in the working world try to sell themselves to prospective employers. The kid's just trying to give himself the best opportunity possible.

Also, if you'll notice, the URL is qbforce.com/tate. Go to just qbforce.com, and maybe you'll understand a little better where this kid comes from.

Its not the website, I certainly understand promoting and all that. I think its the offer letters that rub me the wrong way. Would you bring copies of other job offers to an interview? If you are that prized of a commodity, people just know who's after you, no need to broadcast it.

As for the website, he looks like a normal kid from San Diego, with a nice, caring, upper-middle class family, who has had some of the best training and coaching available.

Its not the website, I certainly understand promoting and all that. I think its the offer letters that rub me the wrong way. Would you bring copies of other job offers to an interview? If you are that prized of a commodity, people just know who's after you, no need to broadcast it.

As for the website, he looks like a normal kid from San Diego, with a nice, caring, upper-middle class family, who has had some of the best training and coaching available.

Fair enough. I just don't consider it enough to write the kid off completely. Lucky for us though, CTT is probably a much better judge of character than I am...

Fair enough. I just don't consider it enough to write the kid off completely. Lucky for us though, CTT is probably a much better judge of character than I am...

Yes...if he's good enough for Tubbs, he's good enough for me. Just a feeling I got, definitely not writing him off completely.

I have heard from good sources that Tate Forcier and his dad (especially) are real a-holes.

I hope he doesn't go to AU

Some of his comments about himself and others on his web-site are really, really just....wow

Yeah, I was told by my USC guy that the website was updated like a week or so ago. Check it out now, one of the most ridiculous things you'll ever see. This kids dad is an enormous tool, and unfortunately Tate is no better himself.

Yeah, I was told by my USC guy that the website was updated like a week or so ago. Check it out now, one of the most ridiculous things you'll ever see. This kids dad is an enormous tool, and unfortunately Tate is no better himself.

Yeah, I can't stick up for the kid anymore. He clearly didn't fall far from the tree. Reminds me of that annoying Clausen kid @ Notre Dame.

His/his dad's grammar sucks, too.

AubieScottie, my apologies for questioning your judgement....

Yeah, I can't stick up for the kid anymore. He clearly didn't fall far from the tree. Reminds me of that annoying Clausen kid @ Notre Dame.

His/his dad's grammar sucks, too.

AubieScottie, my apologies for questioning your judgement....

I knew something just didn't feel right!

Archived