South Carolina QB's combine for 8 INT's

SouthLink02

Spurrier's tenure at South Carolina has been a failure so far

He has brought in solid classes....none of which are superb and none of which are turning anyone's head nationally which is one of the things Spurrier wanted when he got there

He has not brought in any top-tier QB that has turned out to be anything special. Smelley, Beecher, & Garcia are all 3-4 Star QB's and none of which look like they will be SEC record setting QB's....Garcia moreso because he can't seem to stay out of trouble

He also has not brought any sort of discipline nor stability to the program. South Carolina's complete fall from the ranks last year is EXACTLY what they would have done the previous 90 years.

Could Spurrier upset UGA again this year? Sure, but I still think USC ends the year finishing 3rd/4th in the East as usual

If the Visored One can't win in Columbia, can anyone? South Carolina has always been an under achiever in the SEC, sometimes they are are solid but never great. The biggest thing with SoCar since SOS has shown up is just the defense goes missing for a few games and then the offense stinks it up in the other games. The end of the seasons collapse last year was one of the more impressive ones in the SEC in recent memory.

I think South Carolina can be a solid coach but a young, crazy coach that can deal with winning an SECC once every 5-6-7 years as I don't see SouthCarolina ever being a consistent East winner with UGA/UF/UT in the mix

They need someone to completely change the culture

I don't think Spurrier really has done that. He changed the Offensive system but the team isn't any stronger from the Holtz years, the overall talent really is NOT that great, and the off-the-field problems are as bad as they have ever been

Archived