Saw a classy car sign today

lukeduke

I saw a guy riding around town today with a W the President parody sticker that said F the President. To the left leaners on the board, what is your opinion of that?

If there was a Democrat in office and someone had that on their car, most of you would probably be outraged, but I'm sure you'll see this as okay.

While I wouldn't have one, I don't lose sleep over those who do. Trivial things such as bumper stickers have never really affected my day.

What he said...

I guess my point was not in bashing a candidate, but the currently elected president.

If Obama, Hillary, or any candidate that I oppose is elected, they are my president. I would not put a sticker like that on my car.

If Obama is elected and proves me way wrong, I'll support him to the fullest. If he's elected and reverses everything I expect him to reverse, than he can kiss my red white and blue.............lapel pin ;).

The only sticker I'd put on my car like that would be about Alabama or Georgia (Football/athletics), and it would not have profanity on it.

I guess my point was not in bashing a candidate, but the currently elected president.

If Obama, Hillary, or any candidate that I oppose is elected, they are my president. I would not put a sticker like that on my car.

I agree.

At any rate, no person with any class to them would have a "f***" reference or "bit*h" on their vehicle. President or Senator. Republican or Democrat.

Win.... Spot on with that!

I saw a guy riding around town today with a W the President parody sticker that said F the President. To the left leaners on the board, what is your opinion of that?

If there was a Democrat in office and someone had that on their car, most of you would probably be outraged, but I'm sure you'll see this as okay.

The stickers were put out for John F Kerry...

I don't think many classy people have "F" anybody on their cars.

As far as the whole respect issue, I think the President should be respected always.

I just wonder if republicans will be respectful of Obama or Clinton in the respect that democrats

have been criticized for not respecting Bush.

The stickers were put out for John F Kerry...

We have a winner!!!

They were from the 2004 election. Obviously, it carries a double meaning. Had Kerry won, I'm sure sales for them through the RNC would've been through the roof.

You should come to Atlanta. They're everywhere.

I wouldn't put one on my car, but I don't have a problem with it. I think it's kinda funny actually since I think those W: The President stickers are ridiculous. And I wouldn't have a problem with it if the candidate I voted for had one like that. Free speech. It's a beautiful thing.

You should come to Atlanta. They're everywhere.

I wouldn't put one on my car, but I don't have a problem with it. I think it's kinda funny actually since I think those W: The President stickers are ridiculous. And I wouldn't have a problem with it if the candidate I voted for had one like that. Free speech. It's a beautiful thing.

I agree its covered by free speech. But free speech doesn't mean free from opinion and possible blowback. I think it is a classless thing to do, and disrespects the office of the presidency. I think however much you disagree with someone, and in my case, Sen. Clinton or Obama, they are still elected officials. But then again, there has been a general loss of respect for all elected officials. Some of it may be deserved with the scandals and politics that have been in the news. With officials not respecting the posts they were elected to, how should we espect the general public to respect those posts either. In the same breath, unless you have a pair to say "F the judge" or "F you officer" I think the President deserves at least that level of respect.

Typical childish and vulgar nonsense for which the Left is famous. It never ceases to amaze me how the Left resorts to being the spoiled teenager and the Right ends up being the parents of our nation.

At any rate, no person with any class to them would have a "f***" reference or "bit*h" on their vehicle. President or Senator. Republican or Democrat.

Agreed. And as Al said, they were made for the 2004 election but I have no doubt the double entendre was missed by the makers...or all the buyers.

Typical childish and vulgar nonsense for which the Left is famous. It never ceases to amaze me how the Left resorts to being the spoiled teenager and the Right ends up being the parents of our nation.

Did you deliberately ignore my initial post or are you just too thick to grasp it?

well, they shouldn't remove them because Obama says McCain is running for a Bush 3rd term. So I guess since Obama says this, it must be true.

see, i can spin too and bring irrelevant rheotric discussion to the board! :big:

Great illustration of a Right Winger-- pretend to ask other's opinion and then in the next breath you tell them what they think. :rolleyes::roflol:

Great illustration of a Right Winger-- pretend to ask other's opinion and then in the next breath you tell them what they think. :rolleyes::roflol:

And the left winger would never make over the top generalized statements about the right would they? ;)

And the left winger would never make over the top generalized statements about the right would they? ;)

churchlady.jpg

churchlady.jpg

Very nice of you to provide your picture in drag Al. :P

But you better be careful Obamaboy has a thing about pictures. :big:

Did you deliberately ignore my initial post or are you just too thick to grasp it?

You falsly assume it's a " this or that " scenario. Fact is, there's 3rd option you're overlooking ( or are you just too thick to think of it ? ) .

I've seen the 'F - the President ' stickers all over Atlanta. That someone created a cafe express sticker for Hillary isn't a news flash. You can pretty much make up anything you want there and make a sticker out of it. I've never seen that particular sticker, though I have seen a variations of the 'Hillary is a bitch ' sticker , a time or two. What I draw from that is there are far more Libs who are comfortable w/ driving around w/ vulgar stickers on their cars than there are conservatives willing to do the same.

Thus, my original post stands. It's not that 'both sides do it', but the Left is far more, say by a ration of 100 to 1 , willing to sink to such a level as ' F the President'.

Speaking of signs and such, I figured I would share this on this thread rather than start a new one...

RINO and elephant

The funniest bumper sticker i've ever seen was this:

"Sorry Bin Laden, But there's Only One Intimidator"

It had Dale Sr.'s sig and a big number 3 on it.

Archived