Ted Kennedy

CCTAU

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad news for he and his family. The Kennedy's have been cursed it seems with tragedy and strange events.

Hate it for anyone, regardless of their political views.

I feel bad for Sen. Kennedy and his family. For some reason I'm reminded of a quote my mom always said. "Be sure your sins will seek you out." We've all got to go sometime, he's lived a full and long life. Much unlike his Ms. Kopechne

However, I have heard much worse wished upon President Bush.

I feel bad for Sen. Kennedy and his family. For some reason I'm reminded of a quote my mom always said. "Be sure your sins will seek you out." We've all got to go sometime, he's lived a full and long life. Much unlike his Ms. Kopechne

From what you have read, is this an inoperable tumor?

UPDATE:

Wilmot Cancer Center's top brain tumor surgeon says Senator Kennedy’s doctors are probably at this hour trying to figure out if surgically removing the tumor is possible.

The senator has a grade 3 or 4 tumor. These kinds of tumors tend to be more aggressive with a survival rate of a year to five years. Dr. Kevin Walter calls this type of brain tumor a bad luck tumor. It typically isn't linked to any cause.

He sees about 100 of these types of tumors a year. Radiation would be done over six weeks in small doses. The senator will probably be on a new form of chemotherapy available within the last five years that is taken daily in a pill form. Depending on where the tumor is, in the left side of the brain, the tumor can be removed.

Neurosurgeon Dr. Walter said, “If we can remove the tumor that improves the long term survival but some are too deep or too large and some are intermixed with function to allow them to be removed safely.”

Doctors will evaluate the tumor and then work from there. Brain tumors typically occur in white men over the age of 70. The tumor originated in the brain. The concern is if it invades other areas of the brain because it is aggressive.

http://www.whec.com/article/stories/s450501.shtml?cat=565

Do a google search for GBM, or glioblastoma multiforme.

Operable, yes, but only for debulking of a large tumor. Curable? Not very likely.

What do you guys think of the young man Laura Bush killed by running a stop sign?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp

It is sad that a young man was killed by Laura pre-Bush running a stop sign. I have never heard her deny it or try to hide it.

I don't see where the two are comparable.

It is sad that a young man was killed by Laura pre-Bush running a stop sign. I have never heard her deny it or try to hide it.

Traffic accidents resulting in death. Both apparently easily avoidable by more responsible behavior.

Tell me you are not serious.

Laura Welch was 17 and was devastated that she killed a friend of hers by running a stop sign. Ted Kennedy was an adult (married, I seem to remember) and was having a horizontal party with his secretary and he left her in the water and did not alert anyone.

How can you expect anyone to take your political statements rationally, when you see very little difference, if any, between the two?

Traffic accidents resulting in death. Both apparently easily avoidable by more responsible behavior.

Yeah, especially if Ted had actually told someone about the accident within,,,, say,,,,,,,, 5 hours or so of driving into the water.

Laura Welch was 17 and was devastated that she killed a friend of hers by running a stop sign. Ted Kennedy was an adult (married, I seem to remember) and was having a horizontal party with his secretary and he left her in the water and did not alert anyone.

How can you expect anyone to take your political statements rationally, when you see very little difference, if any, between the two?

I didn't say there was no difference. You did indicate there were no similarities. If someone runs a stop sign and kills my child, my child is still dead due to someone's inexcusable, reckless behavior.

Kennedy's behavior that night was inexcusable. I've said that before on this forum. But the extreme hatred still visited on him almost 40 years later, even upon hearing he has a cancerous brain tumor, is indicative of a deeply disturbing level of hatred that has to have a very corrosive effect on a person's soul. That's my point.

I don't think ill of Laura Bush because of the tragedy of that young man's death, even though I can objectively say that her recklessness caused his death. Even if she had panicked and tried to leave the scene-- though such behavior would have been inexcusable-- I would still choose to view her life as a whole, and not as being defined by a single night 40 years ago. That's my point.

BTW, the rationality of my political arguments will rise and fall on their own merits, as will yours. However, I haven't found that the soundness of one's arguments tends to have much impact on this forum.

But the extreme hatred still visited on him almost 40 years later, even upon hearing he has a cancerous brain tumor, is indicative of a deeply disturbing level of hatred that has to have a very corrosive effect on a person's soul.

Especially by those who call themselves Christians.

But the extreme hatred still visited on him almost 40 years later, even upon hearing he has a cancerous brain tumor, is indicative of a deeply disturbing level of hatred that has to have a very corrosive effect on a person's soul.

Especially by those who call themselves Christians.

Yeah pious selfrighteousness, condemnation and a sanctimonious attitude come to mind as well. Making harshly judgmental and moralistic simple opinions of others fits in as well. Damn Al, you got it all with seven words.

I don't hate him, I just don't feel sad for him.

You guys are so full of hate for Bush, but you get a pass. OK. But I refuse to bow down and feel sorry for a man who left a young woman to die, and I am the bad guy. Whatever. Maybe he'll run into her again in the next life and explain why things happened the way they did.

And every (4) damn post I have made in this thread has been nuked. Self-righteous turds.

And every (4) damn post I have made in this thread has been nuked. Self-righteous turds.

There is plenty of latitude for disagreement. The standards here are minimal. If you can't abide by them, you are free to move on.

I nuked them because I naively thought we could act human toward someone in spite of severe political and/or personal differences. That's not being self-righteous you bag of wind, it's common decency. I realize he didn't show her any, but if you're going to fancy yourself a cut above him, you might start by being decent yourself.

But, I eventually realized there was no putting the toothpaste back in the tube so your jackassedness can shine through in its full glory.

I've always thought of Ted as haughty. I do sympathize him due to this illness. In good taste people shouldn't be saying things, such as he gets what he deserves.

UPDATE:

Wilmot Cancer Center's top brain tumor surgeon says Senator Kennedy’s doctors are probably at this hour trying to figure out if surgically removing the tumor is possible.

The senator has a grade 3 or 4 tumor. These kinds of tumors tend to be more aggressive with a survival rate of a year to five years. Dr. Kevin Walter calls this type of brain tumor a bad luck tumor. It typically isn't linked to any cause.

He sees about 100 of these types of tumors a year. Radiation would be done over six weeks in small doses. The senator will probably be on a new form of chemotherapy available within the last five years that is taken daily in a pill form. Depending on where the tumor is, in the left side of the brain, the tumor can be removed.

Neurosurgeon Dr. Walter said, “If we can remove the tumor that improves the long term survival but some are too deep or too large and some are intermixed with function to allow them to be removed safely.”

Doctors will evaluate the tumor and then work from there. Brain tumors typically occur in white men over the age of 70. The tumor originated in the brain. The concern is if it invades other areas of the brain because it is aggressive.

"Dr. Kevin Walter calls this type of brain tumor a bad luck tumor. It typically isn't linked to any cause."

Or you could call it Kharma, for those non christians out there that is.

UPDATE:

"Dr. Kevin Walter calls this type of brain tumor a bad luck tumor. It typically isn't linked to any cause."

Or you could call it Kharma, for those non christians out there that is.

Is that what you're calling it?

I didn't say there was no difference. You did indicate there were no similarities. If someone runs a stop sign and kills my child, my child is still dead due to someone's inexcusable, reckless behavior.

Kennedy's behavior that night was inexcusable. I've said that before on this forum. But the extreme hatred still visited on him almost 40 years later, even upon hearing he has a cancerous brain tumor, is indicative of a deeply disturbing level of hatred that has to have a very corrosive effect on a person's soul. That's my point.

I don't think ill of Laura Bush because of the tragedy of that young man's death, even though I can objectively say that her recklessness caused his death. Even if she had panicked and tried to leave the scene-- though such behavior would have been inexcusable-- I would still choose to view her life as a whole, and not as being defined by a single night 40 years ago. That's my point.

BTW, the rationality of my political arguments will rise and fall on their own merits, as will yours. However, I haven't found that the soundness of one's arguments tends to have much impact on this forum.

You have obviously had the luxury of never having an immediate family member die at the hands of a drunk driver, or else you might understand with the slightest tinge of decency how MANY people feel about that blow hard Ted Kennedy. I haven't seen anyone make a deplorable statement about him, only that they do not feel sorry for him. That is all, and it is un-politically motivated, unlike your assessment of a 17-year old girl. You have said some pretty stupid things before, and some really insightful statements as well, but your trying to make something political where it doesn't belong is completely wrong on all levels. Period.

Tex, this is beyong pathetic on your part. Surely, after you come to your senses, you will retract. If not, you have really shown something about yourself here.

This is the first "proof" that I've seen that they were having sex. It's hard to drive drunk when you are doing that, ya know.

If this is true, is the secretary such a fine person to be alienating the affections of a married man?

Is there proof that he could have saved her life? Do you have proof that he wasn't in shock or too drunk to do anything or remember what happened?

I think he lied about his memory, and I have no affection for the Kennedy Clan. He has served our country in representing his constitutes. When he becomes ill, I see no reason to party.

Archived