Maliki the Appeasar

Yeah, that damn Maliki. He's the leader of the strongest country in the world, he should demand more respect.......

So let me get this straight...the President of Iraq went to Tehran to have direct negotiations with....drum roll please....Iran. Let the Republican spin begin...wait for it....wait for it...

wait for it..... ;).....

So let me get this straight...the President of Iraq went to Tehran to have direct negotiations with....drum roll please....Iran. Let the Republican spin begin...wait for it....wait for it...

So, in YOUR world, Iraq, a neighbor of Iran, = The United States ? :blink:

Ever take a look at a world map ?

That's right. The puppet government of the U.S. can appease.But we don't talk. See the consistancy

Hey, maybe that's one of the "preconditions" that you're always squawking about. As long as neither party is called "The United States" we'll be glad to talk. I get it now.

No spin required. You are trying to correlate the U.S. President to the Iraqi President in dealing with Iraq's Muslim neighbors. Not even close, and I think even you know that, you are just being biased in your support of a typical, baseless, one line joke of a statement that are usually out of left field by arnold. Obama supporters should pick thier arguments better, because you loose credability with senseless statements like these. There are some positives with Obama other than negatives from Bush, and that is starting to be lost.

Oh...I forgot the rules...we can talk to neighboring countries with similiar ethnic backgrounds directly but thats it...got it. :rolleyes:

This thread is silly......but fun to watch the back and forth on.

There's no real connection here between the U.S. and Iraq and how each approaches Iran. The U.S. isn't a border state with Iran. Iran isn't sending personnel and weapons into our coutry (well....they could be), and we don't have a large group of people causing chaos that tie to Iran like what we have seen in Sadr City and other areas of Iraq regarding the Shites.

Some one answer this question...please:

If it is ok for a country we are trying to prop up (Iraq) to meet with their enemies and hostile nations (Iran) in an effort to pursue peace, why is it not ok for the U.S. to do the same? This is such a double standard and clearly points out the hypocrisy of the Bush Administrations own policies.

I really hope this is a major campaign issue in the fall...because it is one the majority of Americans understand and side with Obama on (as recent polls show).

This thread is silly......but fun to watch the back and forth on.

There's no real connection here between the U.S. and Iraq and how each approaches Iran. The U.S. isn't a border state with Iran. Iran isn't sending personnel and weapons into our coutry (well....they could be), and we don't have a large group of people causing chaos that tie to Iran like what we have seen in Sadr City and other areas of Iraq regarding the Shites.

I'm all confused then. I thought Iran was one of the axis's of evil. The reason were in Iraq so we can fight them over there and not over here. If Iran is supplying weapons to insurgents that are being used to kill ouR troops, isn't that the same thing as an attack on the U.S.?

Wait a minute, I'm all wrong. It was WMD'S, that is the reason we invaded Iraq. No, that wasn't it, there were no WMD'S. That's right it was Saddam's ties to the terrorist who did 9/11. No, that's not it, there were no ties. I remember, we were going to spread our democracy and they were going to have parades. That's it.

But now, Iraq is meeting with our sworn enemy. Ah, man, I can't follow this.

Iraq is it's own nation, with it's own government making the calls. We are a peace keeping force at this point. The Iraqi's have to live with Iran at their doorstep, we don't.

I don't see the point here. We have our own stance with Iran. Period.

Well what else do you call it after the success of the surge :).

And I AM NOT ON THE RIGHT, just right of you.

Well what else do you call it after the success of the surge :).

And I AM NOT ON THE RIGHT, just right of you.

Seems "on the right" is the same as "in the right". :roflol:

Oh...I forgot the rules...we can talk to neighboring countries with similiar ethnic backgrounds directly but thats it...got it. :rolleyes:

We're not Iraq. How do you say ' we ' ?

Besides, Iran is more Arabic and Kurdish, where as Iran is primarily Persian. They're not similar in ethnic backgrounds.

Archived