Maybe we should look here

arnaldoabru

They have leases for 68MM acres they can drill on but won't...and you will not hear that reported on Fox News or from TM, BamaGrad, CCT, etc.

With prices at $135 dollars a barrel, everyone is trying to pump as much as they can, he said. But fearing oil prices will eventually fall, the industry is leery about making too many investments in the fields it has - many of which are in deepwater areas that can be pricey to develop.

?? Where did they get that idea?? Seems pretty unanimous across the board that won't happen.

Instead, they're holding out, hoping the government will open areas closer to shore that would be cheaper to work on

But the non-driller are the ones screwing the whole mix up?

Will we see the decrease, or the magnitude of the decrease, in costs if it moves closer?

America's untapped oil

Lawmakers lay into big oil for leaving million of acres untouched while at the same time asking to drill in Alaska and off the coasts

Nothing like a misleading headline to get the dimbots stirred up.

Of the 90 million offshore acres the industry has leases to, mostly in the Gulf of Mexico, it is estimated that upwards of 70 million are not producing oil, according to both Democrats and oil-industry sources.

There are several reasons those areas are not producing. (1) Not being drilled (2) Test have shown there is no oil there. (3) Have already drilled test holes and there was no oil or gas or it was in small quantities. (4) test have shown there is oil but in small quantities

One Democrat staffer said if all these existing areas were being drilled, U.S. oil production could be boosted by nearly 5 million barrels a day, although the oil industry said that number is far too high and one government agency said it was impossible to estimate production.

How does that "Democrat staffer" know that? Or is he/she just spewing out BS for the dim faithful? Nothing like a little partisian propaganda is there.

"No one is sitting on leases these days," said Rayola Dougher, senior economic advisor for the American Petroleum Institute. "Those making those assertions don't understand the bidding and leasing process."

I think she was talking about the dims and you two in particular.

Gheit agrees that it's unlikely that hoarding is going on.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your poorly prepared propaganda.

So if there is no oil on this land and they aren't drilling there, why won't they give it back?

And another question I've wondered...how far does U.S. soveirgn land go into the gulf? I mean, we don't own the Gulf of Mexico anymore than Mexico or other Carribean countries do we? How far do our boundaries extend into the oceans?

So if there is no oil on this land and they aren't drilling there, why won't they give it back?

Just because they are not drilling does not mean there is no oil or gas. Just because they are dirlling does not mean there is oil or gas.

Just because they have the lease does not mean there are no obsticals to drilling a particular area.

They paid for the lease. Why should they "give" it back berore the lease expires?

Just because they are not drilling does not mean there is no oil or gas. Just because they are dirlling does not mean there is oil or gas.

Just because they have the lease does not mean there are no obsticals to drilling a particular area.

They paid for the lease. Why should they "give" it back berore the lease expires?

That makes no sense at all. Just a few posts above you stated there wasn't oil on this land. You've also made post saying they need more land even though they aren't using what they've got. So which is it? Or do we just drill drill drill every where and hope for the best? And you still haven't answered my question about who owns the Gulf of Mexico.

That makes no sense at all. Just a few posts above you stated there wasn't oil on this land. (No I didn't and there is no way I would know that.)

You've also made post saying they need more land even though they aren't using what they've got. (Once again no I have mever made that claim. Am I for opening ANWAR? Yes. Am I for lifting the coastal drilling ban? Yes. There is a big difference in my positions and the way you are phrasing them. I know it's hard but just try and be honest. Just try to not paint a picture that is not there.)

So which is it? Or do we just drill drill drill every where and hope for the best? (I have asked you before and you never answered. Why do you want the oil companies to drill where there is no oil? Would that make you feel better for them to waste money? To throw it up a hogs ass? Did you know that on average, even with the best testing possible they still only have about a 60% or so success average of actually finding oil or gas?) And you still haven't answered my question about who owns the Gulf of Mexico. (I didn't realize you were asking me, but since you did, I will say. No one owns the Gulf of Mexico. But the U.S., Mexico, Belize, Venezualla, Cuba, Aruba, etc, etc, they all have a coastal claim to the waters along their coastal borders.)

That makes no sense at all. Just a few posts above you stated there wasn't oil on this land. (No I didn't and there is no way I would know that.)

You've also made post saying they need more land even though they aren't using what they've got. (Once again no I have mever made that claim. Am I for opening ANWAR? Yes. Am I for lifting the coastal drilling ban? Yes. There is a big difference in my positions and the way you are phrasing them. I know it's hard but just try and be honest. Just try to not paint a picture that is not there.)

So which is it? Or do we just drill drill drill every where and hope for the best? (I have asked you before and you never answered. Why do you want the oil companies to drill where there is no oil? Would that make you feel better for them to waste money? To throw it up a hogs ass? Did you know that on average, even with the best testing possible they still only have about a 60% or so success average of actually finding oil or gas?) And you still haven't answered my question about who owns the Gulf of Mexico. (I didn't realize you were asking me, but since you did, I will say. No one owns the Gulf of Mexico. But the U.S., Mexico, Belize, Venezualla, Cuba, Aruba, etc, etc, they all have a coastal claim to the waters along their coastal borders.)

Someone said that drilling for oil in Anwar and off the coast now is like looking for change in your couch under the cushins when your already two months behind on the mortgage.

Someone said that drilling for oil in Anwar and off the coast now is like looking for change in your couch under the cushins when your already two months behind on the mortgage.

Then I suppose not drilling and saying, "We can do better." "We're going green." Would be like working hard to save enough money to pay the two months house paymenst. Then going to Georgia or Florida and buying lottery tickets with all the money in the hopes you would win. That sounds like a plan.

Then I suppose not drilling and saying, "We can do better." "We're going green." Would be like working hard to save enough money to pay the two months house paymenst. Then going to Georgia or Florida and buying lottery tickets with all the money in the hopes you would win. That sounds like a plan.

There will not be radical Muslims trying to kill us when we can do two things.

Get off our dependence of foreign oil

And help broker some sort of peace between the Isralis and the Palestinians.

Archived