The Process results thus far.... 7 wins, 10 arrests

DKW 86

I seriously hope Saban didnt know about Johns and his drug crap. That would be completely stupid if he knew that Johns was involved and he didnt make a move. Not being a homer, but I think your reaching here.

I'm not accusing him by any stretch.

I'm just working on my novel. Thought it'd test to see if this could be plot in chapter 1. :)

Ha, novel huh? Whatever, after today....you should have plenty of firepower for a while.

... The only two possibilities that I can think of to explain why Saban has not gotten control in a year are: 1) he wants to win so bad that he will do anything, and make any sacrifice to win in the short term or 2) he is not in complete and total control of that program and there are other people mediating his decisions.

You guys just don't get it. Nobody works harder at recruiting than $abun. NOBODY! Just ask his secretary -- the door is closed and the lights are on 'til 11 at night. EVERY NIGHT! And then it's like that when she gets there in the morning. EVERY MORNING! This is a singularly dedicated man can't waste one meaningless idle conversation with an employee because it would break his concentration of dominating the competition. So just lay off, OK? It's NOT HIS FAULT!

... The only two possibilities that I can think of to explain why Saban has not gotten control in a year are: 1) he wants to win so bad that he will do anything, and make any sacrifice to win in the short term or 2) he is not in complete and total control of that program and there are other people mediating his decisions.

You guys just don't get it. Nobody works harder at recruiting than $abun. NOBODY! Just ask his secretary -- the door is closed and the lights are on 'til 11 at night. EVERY NIGHT! And then it's like that when she gets there in the morning. EVERY MORNING! This is a singularly dedicated man can't waste one meaningless idle conversation with an employee because it would break his concentration of dominating the competition. So just lay off, OK? It's NOT HIS FAULT!

Maybe now we know how he's putting in all these hours... ;)

Maybe now we know how he's putting in all these hours... ;)

:roflol::roflol: Yeah...he may be late for a few days until another supplier is recruited found! :roflol:

Did you steal that right off of Gump4heisman?

I am sure the Drug Task Force will use Johns to find the next dealer above him. IF Saban knew I am sure Johns knew he knew. It will come out. I guaratee you several of his teammates knew about/were helping and multiple other non-athlete students. There is not just one guy doing all the dealing. Something is cooking at uat and it is not crack!!

A one time incident, like a DUI or something, yes Saban cannot watch all of them 24 hours. A star player selling drugs for months or longer right under everyone's nose, then from my perspective it's obvious Saban has no clue on what's going on with his players and team. He has already created this environment where winning is everything, the only thing, and it's obvious he's just hoping the players don't get in too much trouble...

All personal hypothetical thoughts here, but:

Since Saban claimed he would "clean house" after last season and no schollies were yanked, nobody was kicked off the team, etc. could this be it?

Johns didn't play much last year. He is/was a decent athlete despite what some may say. You can make a good athlete a player. Is it possible Saban knew what was going on. I'm sure he had to at least hear rumors and observe who he's hanging out with even if he didn't have proof.

Here is where it gets interesting:

Maybe he let it slide knowing Johns would eventually get caught. This would free up a spot for the 08 class, rid the team of a cancerous tumor, and help Saban look like king of discipline (in his own mind) when he kicked him off. I think it could be a similar case with elder two, but only meeting two of the criteria above.

If this is the case, who/what is next?

It's a stretch I know......but stranger things have happened.

I seriously hope Saban didnt know about Johns and his drug crap. That would be completely stupid if he knew that Johns was involved and he didnt make a move. Not being a homer, but I think your reaching here.

I don't know if he is reaching or not. When this first came out, nearly every Bama fan on this board stated that they weren't surprised. On the Bama message boards it was called "the worst kept secret". The police stated that they were surprised at how easy it was to buy drugs from him. He was more than willing to sell to perfect strangers. I'm sorry, someone else on that team HAD to know what was going on.

I find it nearly impossible to believe that something of this magnitude was going on on this team and Saban hadn't caught some kind of wind of it. At some point a player, a GA, a trainer, a manager, SOMEBODY had to have some idea of what was happening. My God, if Joe Schmo the Bama fan had heard rumors how the heck was the entire team (players and coaches) in the dark on this?

Given Saban's reputation as a micro-managing, overbearing, tyrant, I find it nearly impossible to believe that he didn't at least have suspicions. If Saban didn't know what was going on, you guys truly have more problems than you realize.

My handle is AUloggerhead, not Joe Biden -- everything I write is mine and mine alone. I don't even know who Gump4heisman is. Perhaps he got his idea from me?

My handle is AUloggerhead, not Joe Biden -- everything I write is mine and mine alone. I don't even know who Gump4heisman is. Perhaps he got his idea from me?

Just a joke. Gump4heisman is a website that posts funny stuff, and what you said reminded me of a "Saban Recruiting Itinerary" he wrote on there. Funny stuff.

Yeah yeah yeah.

I don't blame Shula for any of this. It's a combination of factors. I can get past the 7 wins thing...it is his first year. I certainly wasn't expecting his championships right off.

The whole discipline thing...well...you can't watch a kid 24/7 and hold his hand. Scratch that, you can't watch a grown man 24/7. All Saban can do is discipline after the fact...and yeah he has lacked in that department, I won't lie there. But, as far as JJ selling coke and being immediately kicked off the team...what else could have Saban done? Sorry, but this situation is not his fault in the least. The blame lies squarely with Jimmy Johns. Noone else.

I love that little critter in your sig. What is that from???

It's our offense, looking to the sidelines in the no huddle. :roflol:

:au::homer:

From now on, moderators will be moving any discussions that are obviously intended to bait people into "discussions" that will be anything but civil to the Woodshed

... and started by a moderator. Nice.

It is his forum.

From now on, moderators will be moving any discussions that are obviously intended to bait people into "discussions" that will be anything but civil to the Woodshed

... and started by a moderator. Nice.

It is his forum.

It is still civil.

Lighten up Francis, to quote somebody on this board.

Guest BoStillKnows

Wasn't JJ in Saban's dog house last year and no one really knew why?

I don't really keep up with who plays and who doesn't on that team but weren't people asking what was up with him?

No, No, I meant that in a way positive to you, DKW

Slink, I took yours that way, no problem. You were simply pointing out fact.

I was telling whomever to lighten up, not you. You have made the UGA Dawgs probably my second favorite team. We have likely the best rivalry in college football, yet we speak absolutley no smack and thoroughly enjoy the game. Wished all fans/all rivalries were as civil.

I don't really keep up with who plays and who doesn't on that team but weren't people asking what was up with him?

Yeah.

It probably had something to do with him selling more prescription drugs than Phzer, but that's just a guess. Saban and Johns had their issues from day one. He liked his enthusiasm but not his other side. It wasn't a month before he was arrested that I was hearing from one of our coaches about all his "demons" and how he would never play. His keeping Johns on the team was his way of possibly giving him a way to turn his life around. Like I've said, he certainly didn't plan on him ever contributing.

Yeah.

It probably had something to do with him selling more prescription drugs than Phzer, but that's just a guess. Saban and Johns had their issues from day one. He liked his enthusiasm but not his other side. It wasn't a month before he was arrested that I was hearing from one of our coaches about all his "demons" and how he would never play. His keeping Johns on the team was his way of possibly giving him a way to turn his life around. Like I've said, he certainly didn't plan on him ever contributing.

Man I almost died laughing when I read this. You guys can't possibly believe all this crap you are shoveling.

Let me get this straight. Saban oversigned last year. All we have heard from you guys is that he has to make room for HIS guys and everything will be better. He still has a few places to go to make room for this class. But he keeps a drug dealer that he knows won't contribute on this team in hopes that he will turn his life around. You have got to be kidding me! You guys really do think Saban is the messiah.

I don't think he's the messiah nor did I ever say that. I do know, however, that his keeping Johns was for Johns sake and his sake only.

He wasn't going to see playing time at LB and was NOT going to redshirt. The coaches were "looking forward to the day they never had to babysit him." One even told me that he was "tired of playing Dr. Phil." He had serious issues and not all involved drug deals. He was given countless chances to turn his life around but chose not to. He'll now pay the price.

I don't think he's the messiah nor did I ever say that. I do know, however, that his keeping Johns was for Johns sake and his sake only.

He wasn't going to see playing time at LB and was NOT going to redshirt. The coaches were "looking forward to the day they never had to babysit him." One even told me that he was "tired of playing Dr. Phil." He had serious issues and not all involved drug deals. He was given countless chances to turn his life around but chose not to. He'll now pay the price.

I am going to have to agree. You are out of your mind if you believe this. I guess he put DJ Hall back in the game at half-time of ULM because he was "playing Dr. Phil."

Again, ACTIONS speak louder than WORDS. That one ACTION does not fit all of your lies and spin of how much Saban cares about the players and how NCAA rules and no dorms create cocaine dealers on football teams.

I guess the numerous articles before and after JJ's arrest that state he WAS going to play and contribute at LB this year are just written by Auburn fans trying to make this look bad when it is really no big deal?

The DJ Hall move was not a good one. Even if we were to have won, it wouldn't have been worth it. I disagree with Saban on that.

Secondly, I've never said anything about dorms and how their absence create cocaine dealers. You must have me confused with someone else.

The numerous articles stating JJ was going to be an every series LB, if they exist, are inaccurate. Jimmy Johns was going to be nothing more than a special teams player and was most certainly NOT going to redshirt. I'll trust what I hear from his coaches than what I read on unspectacular blogs. Shane isn't exactly a reputable source.

With that said, it is a big deal. A gifted athlete threw away his college education and more importantly, a good portion of his life. However, his dumbassery as a drug dealer doesn't reflect on me or my school.

However, his dumbassery as a drug dealer doesn't reflect on me or my school.

Oh, but it does...

For as long as your fanbase continues to spurt excuses for the mess your savior is making over there instead of growing some balls and demanding he do something about it at least...

Saban is in a situation where he can't lose. He knows as long as he beats Auburn, his job is secure no matter what else happens. And if he does not beat Auburn, then he can just pick up and leave for greener pastures and not think twice about it.

That's why he's not doing anything about it.

Archived