The Process results thus far.... 7 wins, 10 arrests

DKW 86

$4M a year for this? You cant keep blaming Shula for all this. The man has been gone for way over a year.

The Process results thus far.... 7 wins, 10 arrests. Wow, more arrests than wins and probably the lead in the Fulmer Cup.

From now on, moderators will be moving any discussions that are obviously intended to bait people into "discussions" that will be anything but civil to the Woodshed

... and started by a moderator. Nice.

Yeah yeah yeah.

I don't blame Shula for any of this. It's a combination of factors. I can get past the 7 wins thing...it is his first year. I certainly wasn't expecting his championships right off.

The whole discipline thing...well...you can't watch a kid 24/7 and hold his hand. Scratch that, you can't watch a grown man 24/7. All Saban can do is discipline after the fact...and yeah he has lacked in that department, I won't lie there. But, as far as JJ selling coke and being immediately kicked off the team...what else could have Saban done? Sorry, but this situation is not his fault in the least. The blame lies squarely with Jimmy Johns. Noone else.

Yeah yeah yeah.

I don't blame Shula for any of this. It's a combination of factors. I can get past the 7 wins thing...it is his first year. I certainly wasn't expecting his championships right off.

The whole discipline thing...well...you can't watch a kid 24/7 and hold his hand. Scratch that, you can't watch a grown man 24/7. All Saban can do is discipline after the fact...and yeah he has lacked in that department, I won't lie there. But, as far as JJ selling coke and being immediately kicked off the team...what else could have Saban done? Sorry, but this situation is not his fault in the least. The blame lies squarely with Jimmy Johns. Noone else.

I love that little critter in your sig. What is that from???

Yeah yeah yeah.

It's just a silly internet meme called the dramatic gopher. To get the full effect you have to hear the music. Look it up on youtube.

Yeah yeah yeah.

It's just a silly internet meme called the dramatic gopher. To get the full effect you have to hear the music. Look it up on youtube.

thanks...........

It's interesting Auburn fans are trying as hard as they can to tie Saban to this cocaine dealer arrest, and Alabama fans are trying as hard as they can to credit Saban for his tough discipline after the arrest.

When the truth is Saban has nothing to do with this. It looks bad on him and the team and the school, but he had no part in this I'm afraid.

You guys are diverting attention from the real problem that there is a widespread cocaine epidemic in "the machine" and campus of the University of Alabama.

It's interesting Auburn fans are trying as hard as they can to tie Saban to this cocaine dealer arrest, and Alabama fans are trying as hard as they can to credit Saban for his tough discipline after the arrest.

When the truth is Saban has nothing to do with this. It looks bad on him and the team and the school, but he had no part in this I'm afraid.

You guys are diverting attention from the real problem that there is a widespread cocaine epidemic in "the machine" and campus of the University of Alabama.

I think you may be wrong Circle. Go back to all the press conference video of Saban. He is figidy in all of them and constantly wiping his nose. I think we have found Jimmy Johns' lead customer.

If Saban would of done ANYTHING but immediatly kicked Jimmy Johns off the team, then he would of gotten the BLASTING of his life from the likes of ESPN, Sports Illustrated, etc....

I know that you Bammers are trying to say that this is not his fault, blah blah blah, but seriously.......when has one team had 10 players in 10 SEPERATE incedents arrested in 1 FREAKING YEAR???????? There is CLEARLY something blattently WRONG with his discipline department.

I don't give a damn who the coach is (or how many people worship the midget), if I was the AD at UAT, I would immediatly have scores of people watching Saban's every move. He would be walking a very thin line at this point. Plus, I guarantee you that there were more players involved in this to some extent or another. Do you people REALLY believe that a veteran football player sold that many drugs and NONE of his teamates knew ANYTHING about it? Give me a freaking break!

Anyone who tries to spin this story at all except for what it is are complete idiots! Those that say "he was Shula's recruit, what did you expect"? I actually saw one of the posters on al.com say that.

I SWEAR, IF MY KIDS SOMEHOW DECIDE TO DEFECT AND BE BAMMERS THEN THEY ARE COMPLETELY CUT OUT OF MY WILL. IF THEY UTTER THE WORDS ROW TAHD (EXCEPT WHEN MAKING FUN) THEN THEY WILL BE GROUNDED FOR A MONTH. BAMMERS = REDNECK COUSIN KISSIN' THUGS! (never thought I would put redneck and thug in the same sentence, but it's very fitting).......

WHAT AN EMBARASSMENT TO THE ENTIRE STATE OF ALABAMA 10+ KENNY STABLER + ALL THE OTHER SCANDELS AND TROUBLE YOU TOOTHLESS IDIOT REDNECKS HAVE CAUSED IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS!

Ian Rappaport (sp?) was reporting on a talk show in Florence that JJ was arrested and immediately kicked out of school by the university...after that ole Nick kicked him off the team! :roflol::roflol:

Say what you will, but this IS PARTLY Saban's fault.

You can say that first 2 or 3 incidents can't be blamed on him, sure. But 10 arrests? He's been there for 1 year and a half, and 10 arrests.

If Saban is such a good coach, why can't he get his team under control? Sure there's only so much you can do to discipline players, but from what we've seen, there hasn't been much discipline at all. Half game suspensions? Sticking up for the guys in public? Saying that they're not to blame?

Okay, Jimmy Johns sold coke. He did it himself, as far as we know. Saban had nothing to do with it. But there's a pattern of little or no discipline associated with this guy in his tenure at Bama. So he kicked Johns off the team. What else could he do? Any coach in America would do the same thing. But this isn't just a fluke. This has been going on since Saban has been there. Some of the first ones weren't his fault. But as time goes on, and more and more of your players end up in the Tuscalooser jail, wouldn't you try to find the cause of the matter?

So these players are accountable for their actions. I'm a firm believer in that. But this has been a string of mishaps for over a year. When is the coach gonna step up and say NO MORE!? Saban certainly hasn't done that yet, regardless how many times BG, Win, or the others may say that the players had to run stadium steps or whatever. If Saban really is disciplining his players in private, IT OBVIOUSLY ISN'T WORKING AS A PROPER DETERRENT.

Bama better straighten this thing out soon, or else they won't have a team to field in 2008. They have become the joke of the SEC, but the sad thing is, it ISN'T A JOKE. There are player's futures at stake. They need to be slapped around a little bit. Somebody needs to put the big daddy pants on and say: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Ryan

Bama better straighten this thing out soon, or else they won't have a team to field in 2008. They have become the joke of the SEC, but the sad thing is, it ISN'T A JOKE. There are player's futures at stake. They need to be slapped around a little bit. Somebody needs to put the big daddy pants on and say: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

I agree with that. And when it comes to drugs, there are LIVES at stake. The lives affected by the drug trading hands, and the families and lives ruined by the users.

The only two possibilities that I can think of to explain why Saban has not gotten control in a year are: 1) he wants to win so bad that he will do anything, and make any sacrifice to win in the short term or 2) he is not in complete and total control of that program and there are other people mediating his decisions.

A one time incident, like a DUI or something, yes Saban cannot watch all of them 24 hours. A star player selling drugs for months or longer right under everyone's nose, then from my perspective it's obvious Saban has no clue on what's going on with his players and team. He has already created this environment where winning is everything, the only thing, and it's obvious he's just hoping the players don't get in too much trouble...

If I were the parent of a recruit I would be extremely concerned with what's going on there. What's going to happen is that the parents and high school coaches that care will steer their sons and players away from 'Bama; the ones that care more about the empty promises of grandeur than the environment will go there. We have the second-coming of the Thug U, the 80's and 90's version of Miami; that's not anything to be proud of..

What's going to happen is that the parents and high school coaches that care will steer their sons and players away from 'Bama; the ones that care more about the empty promises of grandeur than the environment will go there.

wow, so now if a kid decides to go to Alabama than his parents care more about the "empty promises and grandeur"???

You may be talking out of your ass, here. Alabama is a great school. If you don't think so than you're wrong. A student who was also a football player was arrested on drug charges today. Are you willing to say that nobody has been arrested on drug charges at Auburn? They have and that doesn't make Auburn any less of a great school. I hope you were not being serious when you posted the above quote.

What's going to happen is that the parents and high school coaches that care will steer their sons and players away from 'Bama; the ones that care more about the empty promises of grandeur than the environment will go there.

wow, so now if a kid decides to go to Alabama than his parents care more about the "empty promises and grandeur"???

You may be talking out of your ass, here. Alabama is a great school. If you don't think so than you're wrong. A student who was also a football player was arrested on drug charges today. Are you willing to say that nobody has been arrested on drug charges at Auburn? They have and that doesn't make Auburn any less of a great school. I hope you were not being serious when you posted the above quote.

Do you not think that 10 arrests in a year is a major problem? Regardless of the sunshine that Saban and all his sycophants have been pumping, if this were my school I would be greatly concerned. This does not look good for your program no matter who is at fault.

I agree, there is a huge problem with cocaine and "The Machine." I do not know personally, but "rumors" around cocaine and the machine have been going on for a while.

I don't think Saban should get any credit for the discipline that was handed out. Give me a break, its not like Jimmy Johns missed a practice or something. He was associated with illegal drugs. He did it five times that we know about, who knows how many times he sold up to that point. In my opinion, there should be no tolerance for any drug contact.

On one hand, I hate to see someone throw everything he had away. He let his family down, his "team" down, and himself down. On the other hand, he made his bed, he has to sleep in it.

I only hope he does his time and comes out a better man. Who knows, maybe he will completely turn his life around. Who am I to judge?

My thoughts on this subject........................ :puke:

look Alabama Football is full of drunks ,thugs ,and jerks

From the broadcast booth,

To players

To the coach,

And the fans are even worse

PAROLLLLLE TIDE

I agree, there is a huge problem with cocaine and "The Machine." I do not know personally, but "rumors" around cocaine and the machine have been going on for a while.

I don't think Saban should get any credit for the discipline that was handed out. Give me a break, its not like Jimmy Johns missed a practice or something. He was associated with illegal drugs. He did it five times that we know about, who knows how many times he sold up to that point. In my opinion, there should be no tolerance for any drug contact.

On one hand, I hate to see someone throw everything he had away. He let his family down, his "team" down, and himself down. On the other hand, he made his bed, he has to sleep in it.

I only hope he does his time and comes out a better man. Who knows, maybe he will completely turn his life around. Who am I to judge?

My thoughts on this subject........................ :puke:

I have heard these same things from well connected people on UA's campus from years past. I think you may be right. I think it may be a campus wide problem. Not to say that Auburn doesn't have drug problems as well.

Ian Rappaport (sp?) was reporting on a talk show in Florence that JJ was arrested and immediately kicked out of school by the university...after that ole Nick kicked him off the team! :roflol::roflol:

It kills me that Rappaport's blog is called The Rap Sheet. :roflol:

Wait......Didn't Jimmy Johns receive the "I Like to Practice Award" this past Spring? Even though he missed practices....probably making rounds on his motor scooter. Coach $abban is partially to blame for not nipping this in the bud when he first caught wind of it. Now, he has to sleep in the bed that he has made. He's screwed either way, if he knew about it....Then, something should've been done at that time, if he didn't know about it....Then, he lacks control of his team. Either way, he's a marked man.

A one time incident, like a DUI or something, yes Saban cannot watch all of them 24 hours. A star player selling drugs for months or longer right under everyone's nose, then from my perspective it's obvious Saban has no clue on what's going on with his players and team. He has already created this environment where winning is everything, the only thing, and it's obvious he's just hoping the players don't get in too much trouble...

All personal hypothetical thoughts here, but:

Since Saban claimed he would "clean house" after last season and no schollies were yanked, nobody was kicked off the team, etc. could this be it?

Johns didn't play much last year. He is/was a decent athlete despite what some may say. You can make a good athlete a player. Is it possible Saban knew what was going on. I'm sure he had to at least hear rumors and observe who he's hanging out with even if he didn't have proof.

Here is where it gets interesting:

Maybe he let it slide knowing Johns would eventually get caught. This would free up a spot for the 08 class, rid the team of a cancerous tumor, and help Saban look like king of discipline (in his own mind) when he kicked him off. I think it could be a similar case with elder two, but only meeting two of the criteria above.

If this is the case, who/what is next?

It's a stretch I know......but stranger things have happened.

All personal hypothetical thoughts here, but:

Since Saban claimed he would "clean house" after last season and no schollies were yanked, nobody was kicked off the team, etc. could this be it?

Johns didn't play much last year. He is/was a decent athlete despite what some may say. You can make a good athlete a player. Is it possible Saban knew what was going on. I'm sure he had to at least hear rumors and observe who he's hanging out with even if he didn't have proof.

Here is where it gets interesting:

Maybe he let it slide knowing Johns would eventually get caught. This would free up a spot for the 08 class, rid the team of a cancerous tumor, and help Saban look like king of discipline (in his own mind) when he kicked him off. I think it could be a similar case with elder two, but only meeting two of the criteria above.

If this is the case, who/what is next?

It's a stretch I know......but stranger things have happened.

I seriously hope Saban didnt know about Johns and his drug crap. That would be completely stupid if he knew that Johns was involved and he didnt make a move. Not being a homer, but I think your reaching here.

I seriously hope Saban didnt know about Johns and his drug crap. That would be completely stupid if he knew that Johns was involved and he didnt make a move. Not being a homer, but I think your reaching here.

I'm not accusing him by any stretch.

I'm just working on my novel. Thought it'd test to see if this could be plot in chapter 1. :)

Novel

Archived