Obama and the crazy ex-girlfriend

Tigermike

TUESDAY'S GREGALOGUE: OBAMA AND THE CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND

Following this presidential campaign is like watching a friend of yours dump a psychotic, potentially homicidal girlfriend. In this case – Obama is the friend, and the crazy soon-to-be ex is the left. In the beginning, Obama could indulge the crazies over at the Huffington Post and Move On.org, simply because, back then, the rest of America didn`t know who he was. He could be every bit as loopy as they are – because the saner folk were too busy working real jobs.

But now that he has the nomination, he can drop the Wesley Clark`s of the world like a chlamydia-infested potato. Suddenly among the normal, Obama can no longer hold onto those nutty beliefs - which means, he must turn right. I predicted this months ago – the Democrats know you can`t run left because you`ll lose – which is funny, when you think about it. The only way your party can win, is to abandon your party`s beliefs.

See for yourself: Obama has flipped on the death penalty and thinks guns are peachy. He's accepted the foreign surveillance act and he's no longer entertaining high tea with Ahmadinejad. Now he`s up for expanding President Bush's faith-based programs, and blasted Moveon.org for calling General Petraeus a traitor.

His crazy ex-girlfriend must be cutting up his underwear.

But it`s not over yet. You wait until Obama returns from Iraq– speaking of the brave troops, how violence has decreased and that the surge is working – and how, in effect, we are winning the war. At this point he will embrace the phrase his lefty brethren mocked so well, which is "stay the course," and ultimately acknowledge that the whole thing might have been worth it after all. Once he abandons his idiotic stance on capital gains, the makeover will be complete.

So sit back and enjoy it, as the unbalanced ex-girlfriend roils in her basement apartment, blogging about her heartbreak to her loathsome friends, as the rest of us realize that Obama isn`t running against McCain, he`s turning into him.

And if you disagree with me, then you`re worse than Eric Alterman.

http://www.dailygut.com/index.php?i=3841

So what core conservative principles has "Shrub" adhered to.

The joke is that for Obama to move from where he was, to where McCain is, is one to two doors down the block. It aint far at all.

I dont know if it will be for real, but I agree with the writer. Obama seems to be chucking the Left at a pretty good clip. Once elected, the honeymoon will be short as Pelosi et al throw him under the bus.

It's all a juke and dive tactic. He's only doing this to win. Nothing more.

It's all a juke and dive tactic. He's only doing this to win. Nothing more.

... while McCain's selling of his soul to the extreme right wing of the Republican party was only indicative of a complete change in his political philosophy and outlook?

A road to Damascus experience, I tell ya.

I don't think Obama is really going to turn to the right, it's just a facade. But I do believe that when Obama gets in the white house and his solutions to all of our "problems" don't do what he says they will do or make things worse, there will be some really pissed off people since they have these high expectations for him.

Archived