40 mins in, not a pitch thrown

BamaGrad03

Why do you have an hour long "intro show" if you are going to take the first 45 mins of the actual scheduled game slot for "intro stuff".

This is insane. Almost 8pm and nobody has thrown a pitch.

Seriously. I like honoring HoFers, but every year? Come on just play the game and stop playing ring around the rosy in the infield.

Ha! You just read my mind BG

I just turned on my TV and had set the All-Star game on my DVR and was waiting and waiting and waiting for the damn game to start

Ridiculous

I just said this out loud as I read this thread

Well, even though the intro was way too long, this has been the best All-Star game I have ever seen. It is 12:30 AM CST, tied 3-3 in the 15th inning. If this game would not be for home field advantage, somebody would have already committed an error on purpose to end the game. So, I guess nobody can ever say the player's don't take this game serious anymore because the WS home field advantage is making this game feel like a playoff game.

AL wins again! Same guy from the Rangers, Michael Young, that won it for the AL a couple of years ago has another game winning hit this year.

That was a fun game to watch. Great defense in extra innings to keep it interesting.

It's the all-star game. It's not a quickie. Take a little time to enjoy it and the stars.

I had this feeling Young was gonna win it again. He had a chance or two before he did it.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

JD Drew, a Red Sox player, wins the MVP at the last All-Star game being played at "The House that Ruth Built". I freakin' love ! :roflol:

PS please explain to me why baseball is not a great game? I will never understand those people. The plays those guys were making were amazing - in the clutch too. It's awesome watching the best players compete against each other. Being able to appreciate what those pitchers were doing in some of the situations is great too.

I was about to lose it watching the talking heads complaining about the all star game on sportscenter this morning. IT'S A FREAKING GAME IT'S NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!! Everyone should be raving about getting to see an incredible baseball game filled with the games best players. I for one am glad that the baseball version hasn't gone the route of the NBA and NFL.

I was about to lose it watching the talking heads complaining about the all star game on sportscenter this morning. IT'S A FREAKING GAME IT'S NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!! Everyone should be raving about getting to see an incredible baseball game filled with the games best players. I for one am glad that the baseball version hasn't gone the route of the NBA and NFL.

They might have not thought it was important, but judging by the way the players were playing, I don't think they felt that way. Those guys were giving the effort and making the plays as if it was game 7 of the World Series.

I don't know if I will ever see another All-Star game that much fun to watch.

They might have not thought it was important, but judging by the way the players were playing, I don't think they felt that way. Those guys were giving the effort and making the plays as if it was game 7 of the World Series.

Ditto! That was one of the most competitive :baseball: games ever!

Ditto! That was one of the most competitive :baseball: games ever!

Without a doubt. Those are the best games to play in and watch. When great players are playing at their best and nobody's giving an inch.

The NL manager (Hurdle?) looked like he was going to cry at the press conference. He wasn't happy about losing that game. I'd say the intensity was there.

The NL manager (Hurdle?) looked like he was going to cry at the press conference. He wasn't happy about losing that game. I'd say the intensity was there.

He is crying because he has to go back to his 39-57 Rockies

He is crying because he has to go back to his 39-57 Rockies

Hey..it is the NL West. What was the streak they went on just to get in the playoffs last year?

Archived