poll bias

auwallace

last week bama dominated clemson and jumped to 13 in the polls. ECU has defeated va tech and dominated wvu. when the polls come out today where do you think they'll be ranked? Should they be ranked in the top fifteen with wvu being unranked? I see ECU getting ranked around 18th which is a complete joke proving that polls are biased and we need a freakin playoff.

Both teams beat up on top 10 teams. Bama going into the Clemson game was ranked basically 26. ECU coming into this weekend was ranked basically 28. Bama went up 13 spots for a neutral field victory. If you give ECU 11 spots for a home win then you get them ranked at 17.

That sounds pretty fair to me.

I'd like to see preseason polls completely disappear and not have a regular season poll released until either the last week of September or first week of October. About 4-5 games in is enough of a sample size and if a team has scheduled a bunch of scrubs early to go 4-0, they'll get found out soon enough if they aren't very good themselves.

Pre season polls are stupid and lead to a lot of regular season bias. USC looks a lot like a top 3 team, Ohio state doesn't at this point. Clemson is hardly a top 25 team, Alabama is maybe a top 20 team. Im not sure we are a top 10 team yet.

That is why we should wait until week 4 to settle in teams rankings. Take the actual play of teams to rank them. After 4 weeks every team plays enough decent teams to measure their ability.

The AP has ECU at #14 and the Coaches @#20. The coaches obvously haven't studied the situation. BYU barely beat a mediocre Washington team and is #15 in the coaches poll. Lou Holtz was even on ESPN lobbying that his son's team should be top 15....even though I agree with Lou about the ranking.....he is a tool for using his public voice to lobby for his son. I view that act to be just as unpalatable as celebrities publically endorsing politicians and using their celebrity to influence the stoopid masses.

Archived