Another Bama National Championship-disputed!

TigerDad

WV: Highest Tooth Loss Rate in Nation Save Email Print

Posted: 5:57 PM Sep 6, 2008

Last Updated: 5:57 PM Sep 6, 2008

Reporter: The Associated Press

Email Address: News@wsaz.com

87 comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A | A | A MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) -- Researchers found advanced gum disease in 80 percent of adults studied for a major oral health study in Appalachia.

The project by West Virginia University and the University of Pittsburgh tracked 445 families in both states.

Richard Crout, associate dean for research at WVU's School of Dentistry, said the study shows rampant periodontal disease in adults, with signs of bone loss in 85 percent of subjects.

Left untreated, periodontitis can lead to bone destruction, tooth loss and even heart disease or stroke.

West Virginia has the highest rate of tooth loss in the country, with a third of residents 35 or younger having lost at least six permanent teeth.

Crout wants more resources for early dental treatment to instill good oral health habits

That's total BS.....I saw a Humongous bammer lady that had a T-Shirt that said they were the National Snaggle Tooth Champs.

There could be a research bias, due to the research being done in WVA-I think we need to confirm with the final adjudicator - Survey a laundrymat in T-town!!! After all , they are the final authority regarding the MNC's awarded to :ua: . :)

That's total BS.....I saw a Humongous bammer lady that had a T-Shirt that said they were the National Snaggle Tooth Champs.

Ok, now, where do you get your information? Have you noticed any of your fans lately? The more you win, the more you get fans that may or may not be the kind that you want representing your University. I personally hate the fans that paint up for the games, noticed that ya'll had quite a few of those this year.

I know it's(hopefully) a young person thing, but to me it still looks quite tacky. I like when the announcers always mention that at Ole Miss they dress like they are going to a tea party. I don't think that you have to wear a suit and tie, but it does look nice to wear nice polo shirts with your school's colors/logo.

I lived in South Alabama quite a while and remember some Auburn fans quite well, and they were the nicest people that you'd ever want to me, but teeth were not a the top of their list of important things to maintain.

So if you are going to award us the National championship for this, it may have to be a shared award.

Apparently you haven't seen the Heavy set bammer woman with paint all over her front side, with nothing on but a pair of shorts, a uat cowboy hat, and a smile.

Y'all already have the Fulmer Cup Championship, the T-Top Camaro Championship, the Mullet Championship, and now the Snaggle Tooth Championship....Wow, you guys are racking up.

Apparently you haven't seen the Heavy set bammer woman with paint all over her front side, with nothing on but a pair of shorts, a uat cowboy hat, and a smile.

Y'all already have the Fulmer Cup Championship, the T-Top Camaro Championship, the Mullet Championship, and now the Snaggle Tooth Championship....Wow, you guys are racking up.

No, I admit, I have not seen that. When pictures like that come up, I just turn my head. I don't care what school it is, I don't want to see that. You have to feel sorry for the person that will dress that way. They can't think that they look good. I believe in everybody to their own thing, but when it effects my eyesight, then I feel I have a right to say something. If her husband/significant other thinks she looks good, then save this picture for him, and don't share it with the rest of us. That is why I like the games in the winter, the people that should cover up are forced to do so, and it spares the rest of us. I've been lucky in that I have never seen people dressed up like that in my section of the stadium. My face tells it all, and you can read it and see exactly what I am thinking when I see something like this. They are free to do so, but they just shouldn't, and I just can't understand why they would want to.

No, I admit, I have not seen that. When pictures like that come up, I just turn my head. I don't care what school it is, I don't want to see that. You have to feel sorry for the person that will dress that way. They can't think that they look good. I believe in everybody to their own thing, but when it effects my eyesight, then I feel I have a right to say something. If her husband/significant other thinks she looks good, then save this picture for him, and don't share it with the rest of us. That is why I like the games in the winter, the people that should cover up are forced to do so, and it spares the rest of us. I've been lucky in that I have never seen people dressed up like that in my section of the stadium. My face tells it all, and you can read it and see exactly what I am thinking when I see something like this. They are free to do so, but they just shouldn't, and I just can't understand why they would want to.

The point is: The Bammer nation is full of those kinds of folks and the good Bama fans tolerate them, take their money from Walmart sales, count them as a part of the fandom and then BRAG about the impressive BAMA NATION. All schools have a token few of these folks, but not like Bammer Nation.

I grew up in middle Alabama and moved away when I graduated from AU in 1980. Until recently, I haven't spent much time in the state of Alabama. I've now got a lake cabin in No. Alabama and really got a dose of the Bammer Nation when traveling around the "country" areas of No. Alabama. I've lived in the west, midwest and No USA. IMO, the Bammer Nation 'necks outpopulate all other CFB programs by a large margin. I'm not sayin' there aren't great Bama fans, but for any Bama fan to ever joke to AU about "trailers","tractors","mullets" or "toothless" is a joke. I realize that most of this problem is due to the success of Bear Bryant and the subsequent army of "these folk" that improved their self-esteem and established their self identity by becoming Bammers. When the "good" Bama fans acknowledge the problem, discourage the 'necks, quit claiming 12 MNCs and all of the other silly stuff and realize how the rest of the nation laughs at you.....then we'll consider giving you a break.

• 4 weeks later...

Let's see, if we were to calculate the percentage of Wire Road Trailer Trash, and Opelika garbage, any other fan base would pale in comparison to your guys'.

You can call Alabama fans toothless, LSU fans corndog smelling cajuns, Florida fans as jort models, all you want, but none can compare to what your school presents: rednecks, rednecks, rednecks, and MORE rednecks! Seriously, how many college towns consist of nothing but trailer parks (Tiger Trailer Park is recommended for all potential students), rodeos (hosted by The Polytechnic Institute) where more students attend than they do football games, Aubarn Off-Road (where you can buy your jacked up truck for mud riding), and fraternity KKK meetings (where those racist redneck frat students parade around in Klansmen uniforms), cow pastures, NO NIGHTLIFE WHATSOEVER, four or five bars (which feature nothing but the finest D-list country rejects), trailer parks (again), chicken houses, catfish ponds... IT'S GREAT TO BE A POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE COWGIRL!!!

These videos are a perfect example of the stereotypical Barnie:

Jacked up trucks! Foul language! Rebel Flags! Camo! Southern Drawls! GREAT TO BE A POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE COWGIRL!!!!

Archived