Last time LSU went to Auburn

EllisHugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESgoMBi6d3g...feature=related

How many times do the commentators say, "I think Auburn got away with one there."

Most notably Iron PI on Lafell in the endzone and the PI on Doucet on 4th down waved off.

Still smarting over that one huh? I don't blame you since bad calls in LSU's favor are never made in BR :poke:

Tough calls is all you can say because the evidence is not conclusive enough. Very Physical game and sometimes refs have trouble be on the spot to see the play. I definantly think that was by far the best LSU team i have ever seen. They had very tough games to us and Florida.

Tough calls is all you can say because the evidence is not conclusive enough. Very Physical game and sometimes refs have trouble be on the spot to see the play. I definantly think that was by far the best LSU team i have ever seen. They had very tough games to us and Florida.

Evidence is not conclusive enough??? Really??? Go get some glasses because the pass interference by Irons on Lafell in the endzone at the end of the 2nd quarter is unmistakeable!

Go to 1:44 of the video and watch until 2:13. Do you see the official? He standing behind the goalline and the play is right in front of him. And, what do the commentators say?

"Now, I'm surprised. There could've been a flag thrown on that play."

"Could've been?"

"David Irons was hanging on him pretty good."

"Boy, Auburn got away."

"Auburn got away with one."

Now, go to 3:17 in the video and watch the 4th & 8 play where they call PI against Auburn on Doucet. A flag is thrown, PI is called against No. 38, the ref indicates 1st down and the video clearly shows that Doucet was getting held/tackled before the ball was tipped. Listen to what the commentators say when the refs then call no foul.

"Wow. I didn't know you could do that."

"There's no doubt that Zach Gilbert gets there (on Doucet) before...the ball is tipped...the contact was made before the ball was tipped...I thing Auburn got away with one right there."

Well i just think the rules are rules, and you cant review penalties im not saying there not bad calls, but if bad calls equal a win i think the game would be retarded, and anyway whats to say that touchdown wouldn't spark one for Auburn. Just look forward to this year it will be a good game, I hope...

WDE!!!

LSU fans whine a lot for a team that has won 2 NC recently. Just shut up and play, mistakes are part of the game, in every sport. My respnse would be about the one questionable call, why didn't your boys do something to effect the outcome on the rest of their plays??

Come get sum.....

Uumm YES. Much better as a matter of fact. They've allowed 13 points in three games with two shutouts by the defense. (I safety last week) But hey, those only came against patsies like MSU and Southern Miss. Not Titans of the gridiron like 1AA Appy State and the Mean Green of North Texas.

... Now, go to 3:17 in the video and watch the 4th & 8 play where they call PI against Auburn on Doucet. A flag is thrown, PI is called against No. 38, the ref indicates 1st down and the video clearly shows that Doucet was getting held/tackled before the ball was tipped. Listen to what the commentators say when the refs then call no foul.

"Wow. I didn't know you could do that."

"There's no doubt that Zach Gilbert gets there (on Doucet) before...the ball is tipped...the contact was made before the ball was tipped...I thing Auburn got away with one right there."

Your first mistake is thinking the announcers know what they're talking about. Read the NCAA rules (& not the NFL rules.) It doesn't matter one iota when the pass is tipped. The fact that it was tipped between the time it left the passer's hand and before the receiver could get to it means it cannot meet the definition of a Catchable Forward Pass. And if it can't meet the definition of a Catchable Forward Pass, then you can't call PI. The flag was correctly thrown when defensive contact was made, true. But it was also thrown before the pass was tipped. Once the play was over and the referees huddled, they then CORRECTLY picked up the flag because defensive contact can't be ruled PI if there is no Catchable Forward Pass. It really is as simple as that. But Hey ... feel free to continue to show your ignorance over this issue by conveniently disregarding the facts. B)

What's amazing is a team like LSU, the super power, all exalted rulers of college football, bitching about one call that was correct, when the entire game they wallowed around getting their asses handed to them. All that talent, just like this year, and they couldn't do any better than pray for a call to go in their favor at the end.

If they can't make those simple calls, they deserve unemployment. That was a piss poor game by the officials and you know it.

With all of that said, nothing brightens my day like seeing LSU lose or better yet, have something taken from them. If it was up to me, that school would never gain another inch of offensive yardage.

With all of that said, nothing brightens my day like seeing LSU lose or better yet, have something taken from them.

I give this post TWO :thumbsup::thumbsup: for accuracy as well as your pre-emptive strike just in case Auburn wins, and the corndogs start crying about dirty play and crooked refs. Again.

If they can't make those simple calls, they deserve unemployment. That was a piss poor game by the officials and you know it.

With all of that said, nothing brightens my day like seeing LSU lose or better yet, have something taken from them. If it was up to me, that school would never gain another inch of offensive yardage.

wow...wc...didn't realize you did everything in your life perfectly without making a mistake. The bottom line is the lsu fans whine and cry about the calls that they think didn't go their way, yet refuse to look at two very key plays in last years game that very likely took the game away from auburn. 1. The illegal formation flag that was picked up on a TD run by lsu. I've officiated football for 16 years and I'll tell you right now, there is NO QUESTION that the player was NOT on the line of scrimmage. It was extremely obvious it was an illegal formation. 2. The atrocious spot on a 3rd down play at mid field on lsu's final drive. He was stopped a full yard short of the line to gain, yet "given" a spot to make it close enough to measure and GIVEN a first down. He didn't earn that spot or the first down. It was CLEARLY given to him. For that, there is no sympathy at all when lsu fans run off at the mouth about something that happened 2 years ago or even the unfortunate incident in last years game. The player responsible and the coaches, and the player on the other side have moved on, yet it seems for some reason, the lsu idiots can't move forward and get on with life. IMO, the lsu idiots shouldn't be running off at the mouth to us, they should be writing letters to the SEC office wanting to know why the covering official didn't throw the flag on the chop block. It was obvious on film what happened. The lsu fans would rather be bitter and hate auburn and call us cheaters (over one play) than to direct the responsibility to where it should be. The officials should have been and should be held accountable for not throwing the flag.. Instead the SEC office says NOTHING....

When/If (not I don't actually expect you to ever do it) you actually get out there on the field and officiate and have to make the snap decisions after seeing the action ONE TIME without the benefit of Instant replay, I'm hoping you'll have a little more respect for what they do every saturday. It's not as easy as you seem to think it is...

Archived