Commitment #26 (per Rivals)....

The Prowler

Got word that the Auburn Sports guys were given the go ahead to add him to the Committed List..

#1 Prep RB and #4 Overall Prep Prospect

(6 Grillz and a Pimp Cup, Baby)

http://auburn.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?school=7

“They are ready for me to come there, and I told them I’m ready to come there, too,” McCalebb said. “I told them I’m going to be like the next Carnell Williams and try for the Heisman (Trophy). That’s what I’m shooting for.”

The recruiting process wasn’t easy for McCalebb. He committed to West Virginia, but backed out after coach Rich Rodriguez bolted for Michigan. He committed to Rutgers, had second thoughts, and finally signed with Auburn. His commitment to Auburn hasn’t wavered. Baker said McCalebb’s rapport with the Auburn coaching staff and players has been a major factor.

“He feels like he will do better there, than anywhere else,” Baker said.

McCalebb wasn’t just a football standout at Fort Meade. He was the 200-meter dash state champion in 2007 (21.2) and 2008 (22.44). He has run 10.43 in the 100-meter dash. He once bet Bailey he could beat his Chevrolet Silverado in the 100-meter dash if he had a 20-yard head start.

Bailey says the truck won in a photo finish. McCalebb disagrees.

“I took off, and I heard him coming,” McCalebb recalled. “I think I beat him, because my head got across the line before his truck did.”

I can't figure out Scout and Rivals for anything. First Scout has Eltoro Freeman as a 5-star and Rivals downgrades him from a 4 to a 3-star. Then, Scout removes Rodney Scott from our commit list after he wavered and did not add him back when he reaffirmed his commitment to us. Rivals never took Scott off our list.

Now Rivals just adds Onterrio McCalebb and Scout has had him on their list for us for months.

Strange.

I can't figure out Scout and Rivals for anything. First Scout has Eltoro Freeman as a 5-star and Rivals downgrades him from a 4 to a 3-star. Then, Scout removes Rodney Scott from our commit list after he wavered and did not add him back when he reaffirmed his commitment to us. Rivals never took Scott off our list.

Now Rivals just adds Onterrio McCalebb and Scout has had him on their list for us for months.

Strange.

Careful Titan, if you pick on rivals too bad the bammers will get riled up.

It seems that Scout usually just assumes that a player, that needs to go to JUCO or Military Prep School, will sign with the team that they originally signed with. Rivals, to me, seems like they actually wait until they get the notification to add them to the commited list.

when we signed this guy, I was thinking we were going to make him a slot receiver..... but according to what he has to say and what coaches have said, they are going to put him at RB...

if he wants to be anything more than a 3rd down back he is going to have to put on 15-20 pounds.....

6' is average to tall for a RB .... and 175 lbs is definetley light for a running back.... what im trying to say is he isnt a COMPACT 175 lbs .... like for example Quiz Rogers from oregon state(but even he weighs 190).......

I dont care how fast and elusive he is, 175 aint gonna cut it as an every down RB in the SEC....

Rivals, to me, seems like they actually wait until they get the notification to add them to the commited list.

Which is ironic because it was Rivals who decided not to listen to the coaching staff and originally released McCallebb's commitment last year when they were specifically told not to.

Rivals, to me, seems like they actually wait until they get the notification to add them to the commited list.

Which is ironic because it was Rivals who decided not to listen to the coaching staff and originally released McCallebb's commitment last year when they were specifically told not to.

Yeah, I remember that. Didn't they also add WR James Green to the commited list last year or was that Scout? Might've been ESPN that added JG.

IMO, there should be ONE recruiting service that does everything....they could put every service together and have branches in the North, East, South, West. Because, it hard to get a read on a prospect that one service has ranked as a 1 or 2 Star and another service has ranked as a 3 or 4 Star. Another thing, just because a certain prospect didn't attend or get invited to one service's Bowl game...doesn't mean that said prospect should be dropped in rank on that service's website.

So I think I read he plans to enroll in January..if so is he like J. Johnson and will count against the last class total number and not this one?

And how do guys like D. Furr count against the 25 number when it comes to the next year's January enrollment? According to what I'm seeing on Scout we had 22 in the last class. But Furr is now gone..and I believe D. Barnes counted against the previous class..there may have been others that enrolled in January that I don't remember that counted against previous classes (I think I remember Furr and PPL enrolled early - did he count against the previous class too?)

The reason I ask is we have 2 guys from Hargrave saying they plan to enroll early. I believe Eltoro is redshirting the year in JUCO and planning to enroll early. I'm not sure what Fairley and Kenny are up to. And then there's the possibility of some HS enrolling early.

BTW What is it with the Quiz Rodgers stuff? Dude has 1 good game and now he's the back everyone wants.

Archived