Montez Robinson

elbagab

He is visiting Alabama this weekend and will visit UGA for the Georgia tech game....

he has said with the coaching situation he "may need to open things back up"

I hope we can hold on to him, it would really suck if we lost him

I thought he was planning on going to the game. He is from Alabama (moved to Indiana) - good time to visit maybe old friends?

But the coaching situation? Head coaching? Cuz no defensive assistants are leaving.

Burton Scott visited Auburn last year. I'm so glad he's helping out our offense...oh wait.

I don't know about all you guys, but from what I have read, I think he's pretty solid to Auburn. A lot of kids take visits after committing. Hopefully I'm not wrong about his commitment to attend AU.

Eltoro Freeman just announced that he's taking visits to Florida State and possibly LSU. I don't worry about either switching their commitments...kids like to take trips.

Now Phillip Lutzinkirchen is opening up his recruiting again according to Rivals. This thing COULD be beginning to fall apart for Tubs. I hope not!

Now Phillip Lutzinkirchen is opening up his recruiting again according to Rivals. This thing COULD be beginning to fall apart for Tubs. I hope not!

Honestly, I expect to see Auburn lose both he and Brandon Heavens. Lutzinkirchen, because he was specifically recruited by Franklin and Heavens will be a Gator if they offer (probably would have whether or not Franklin was fired)

We need to remember that "commitment", in recruiting terms, no longer means what a dictionary says it means. In the recruiting world, "commitment" means "current favorite". A school hasn't really "landed" a player until he signs the papers in February.

Kids are going to look around. They will take visits and have fun at several schools if that option is available to them. Current starting safety Mike O'Neil visited UAT and was given the seat of honor at the head table next to $aban right before he signed with Auburn

I try not to get very pleased or disappointed until I read the signee lists on the morning after.

That's very true, however, one can certainly see trends developing long before signing day and it doesn't look good for us right now. I hope Tubs can turn things around drastically and make a significant difference in recruiting.

"I am still strong with my commitment," he explained. "I haven't signed anything yet, but my commitment is still strong."

"I guess they are going to have a rebuilding year next year. So far they have lost to Arkansas and Vanderbilt. They are just going to have to rebuild for what they want to do. Coach Knox is coming up to my game this week." Montez Robinson (I believe CTT is also making the trip to see him play this Friday night.)

I believe it is Knox who is visiting him not CTT.

CTT I know is visiting Cotton soon.

Not sure if its this weekend.

Now that you say it, I realize you are correct and I remember reading that CTT would be at Raymond Cotton's game this week. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sometimes it's easy to get all this jumbled up and let the fingers type before putting a lot of thought into it. <_<

Tubs will watch several games of commits/prospects this week end including Cotton Friday night.

Tubs will watch several games of commits/prospects this week end including Cotton Friday night.

The Mobile Press Register reported tubs at the Williamson v Theodore game last night (I assume to watch Coleman). A couple of other kids that have had really good seasons that are getting looks from smaller schools shined and I would not be surprised if they snuck into our class if we have some decommits.

in a BOL artile just posted, Robinson says he is still 100% committed to AU and still feels he has made the right decision. had nothing but great things to say about Alabama and CNS, and sounds like a class act. good luck to him through his career, except in the Iron Bowl of course.

• 2 weeks later...

apparently Robinson isn't as solid to AU as he said he was when he left UA.

in his AU Rivals interview yesterday, he maintained he is still commited to AU for now, but "definitely looking around a little bit more". he says he is strongly considering Alabama and UGA as well. it sounds like he pulled the trigger a little too fast and now can't make up his mind.

Shouldnt you be worring about the 'soft verbal' commits from AJ and Richardson?

a "soft commit" on Rivals means they are taking other visits. CNS encourages commits to take their visits, so i don't think thats a problem. if you think AJ winds up anywhere but Alabama you are out of your mind. and as soon as you guys make up your mind who Richardson will jump ship for, let me know. its a different team every week. the only thing that matters is that he will be wearing crimson, though. continue on your spin/deflection campaign.

CNS encourages commits to take their visits, so i don't think thats a problem.

What happened to "you shop, we shop"? Did Dinky have to drop that idea, or was it just convenient to forget about it for the purposes of this thread?

Shouldnt you be worring about the 'soft verbal' commits from AJ and Richardson?

a "soft commit" on Rivals means they are taking other visits. CNS encourages commits to take their visits, so i don't think thats a problem. if you think AJ winds up anywhere but Alabama you are out of your mind. and as soon as you guys make up your mind who Richardson will jump ship for, let me know. its a different team every week. the only thing that matters is that he will be wearing crimson, though. continue on your spin/deflection campaign.

You got the wrong Tiger buddy...i could care less whether your verbals are soft, hard, limp, or wet. Point being, alot of kids are 'taking visits'. You mean to tell me that with all of UA's success this year, it's still more fun to hang around Tigers, huh? Pathetic!

CNS encourages commits to take their visits, so i don't think thats a problem.

What happened to "you shop, we shop"? Did Dinky have to drop that idea, or was it just convenient to forget about it for the purposes of this thread?

this quote has been rehashed numerous times here. it was in reference to the kids already at UA who might want to jump ship when CNS came on board. or was it just convenient to forget about that for the purposes of this thread? CNS and recruits alike have said in NUMEROUS interviews that they are encouraged to take their visits, so trying to say otherwise is just plain dumb.

Archived