Tubs classic comments

ProgRock

Maybe we can have a little humor for some cheer.

I'll start if off with a Tuberville favorite man he loves this one.....I think we're gonna "open it up" in the second half.

Considering we've been getting our butts kicked hard in the second half and he's said this practically every game,what do you suppose "IT" is.

I'm thinking it's the bar. :homer: Woohoooo.

Anybody else?

I thought the same thing. They DID go more to the spread after the loaded up the box in the second half, which I thought was a mistake. Our O line was in a groove and he took it away. I'd rather have lost with a good O showing with the run with throwing the ball around for nothing.

Perhaps he's still trying the keep the "spread recruits" hopeful and interested. Who in the H-LL knows.

How about him saying that Ark was one of the best teams we played all year after our game with them? They are winless since. How about when he said Vandy was such a great team? They are winless since playing us. I wish he would just keep his mouth shut and coach football. He is the king of coachpeak and I hate that more than anything. Don't tell us every week that our opponent is all world and that we are improving when we loose to an arkansas team and the offense/defense obviously took a step backward.

"This is the best week of practice we've had so far."

And don't forget the famous "well they stacked the "box" against us"....so that's our Kryptonite and nobody beats the "stacked box".

usually he implies that, after we "had" to do something different which is usually passing to the sidelines, a couple screens and incompletions.

For the last three plus years DC's can go fishing the week they play AU and leave a note for the assistants (the ones they don't take with them) that says, "Stack the Box".

Edited: Make that every year coach tubs has been here with maybe two or three exceptions, not just the last three years.

I'd say his comments assumed things like our quality of play would continue @ least at the first half level (i.e. that certain O-linemen wouldn't suddenly play like their feet were in molasses and our WR's wouldn't regress to middle school level skills).

Maybe we can have a little humor for some cheer.

I'll start if off with a Tuberville favorite man he loves this one.....I think we're gonna "open it up" in the second half.

Considering we've been getting our butts kicked hard in the second half and he's said this practically every game,what do you suppose "IT" is.

I'm thinking it's the bar. :homer: Woohoooo.

Anybody else?

I thought he was talking about a can of whoop-ass. But I think they opened one up and aimed it the wrong way. :big:

Archived