Which coaches would you let go

AUman43

and your reasons why?

I say;

Greg Knox as WR coach. Our WR's obviously have talent or we wouldn't have signed them but they haven't produced this year. They run poor routes, cuts, and can't seem to hang on to the football. Drops in critical situations have been a problem all year long. As Recruiting coordinator. I think that we can get someone who works harder at recruiting and has a better repoire with the recruits. Perhaps James Willis for that or hire someone to get it done. We have to be more aggressive in this area.

Steve Ensminger. I realize that this guy has extensive experience as an OC and QB coach but has proven not to be that efficient at Auburn given his two opportunities. We can find a TE coach.

Hugh Nall. At first glance, I'd say he's done a miserable job this year. However, the injuries did take their toll as well as CTF's emphasis on zone blocking rather than head to head, physical blocking. The end result was a injury racked, confused offensive line. I think he probably deserves another chance but he has to learn to cooperate with the new OC.

These are the only two that come to mind although I'm sure that Dunn, Gran Price, and the others will be the subject of close scrutiny.

Oh yes, a new OC and one or two assistants who will help implement the offensive scheme.

This scenaro may not make sense to some but it's just my opinion. What's yours?

Hugh Nall. At first glance, I'd say he's done a miserable job this year. However, the injuries did take their toll as well as CTF's emphasis on zone blocking rather than head to head, physical blocking.

Uh? CTF said many times that he does not zone block. I think that was something that Hugh Nall did.

I think ALL of the O coaches need to go. Let the new OC bring in guys that he feels like can help him best.

I'd like to see Knox, Nall and Ensminger go, in that order. And I'd if the WR coach can also coach TEs, let's add a dedicated special teams coach and let Gran just coach RBs.

All of them. Assessing the past 4 years or so, I can't see any reason to keep any of them.

I'm tired of excuses. The offense stinks and has for years. The problem is either coaching or recruiting. I can't see that these coaches have done a good job with either.

Maybe there was fire in their belly when they recruited Marcus McNeil, Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, Jason Campbell, but I don't see these types of athletes making plays now.

The offense is a huge mess, and it won't be fixed completely by next season, regardless of a new HC or OC. Maybe there will be some marginal improvement, but it is so bad now Auburn will continue to lose games because they can't make a 1st down. Until there is an overhaul of the OL, nothing is going to change much.

I think everyone but Gran needs to go

Instead of saying the same thing, I will just agree with this entry.. everyone especially the WRs Coach, our WR couldn't catch the clap from a 2 dollar prostitute..

Hugh Nall. At first glance, I'd say he's done a miserable job this year. However, the injuries did take their toll as well as CTF's emphasis on zone blocking rather than head to head, physical blocking.

Uh? CTF said many times that he does not zone block. I think that was something that Hugh Nall did.

I think ALL of the O coaches need to go. Let the new OC bring in guys that he feels like can help him best.

Don't forget, If im not mistaken, didn't each of the O line players lose like 35 pounds?

Keep the defensive coaches, Gran and maybe Hugh Nall.

That is my thoughts exactly.

A question for the house cleaners though.......... Have you considered the idea that the new OC may want to keep some of these guys? I don't think that is a far stretch by any means.

Seems like the best course is to find the best possible offensive coordinator, and let him dictate who stays and who goes. Personally, I think we need to do whatever we can to keep Eddie Gran (maybe as special teams coach, if not RBs?), and I think Hugh Nall gets a mulligan for this year's (admittedly) pathetic performance. That said, if either or both need to go to provide continuity in the new offensive staff, so be it. They'll both land on their feet.

In any case, though, Tubs has to be willing to commit to a coordinator, not a philosophy. I understand game planning and game management, but as far as implementing the offense, Tubs needs to find the best guy and stay out of the way.

Instead of saying the same thing, I will just agree with this entry.. everyone especially the WRs Coach, our WR couldn't catch the clap from a 2 dollar prostitute..

well I didnt mean HC or defensive coches

A question for the house cleaners though.......... Have you considered the idea that the new OC may want to keep some of these guys? I don't think that is a far stretch by any means.

If the new OC evaluates and WANTS to keep them because he feels they are competent and capable, then I would support his decision. I would not want him subjected to pressure to keep anyone. If he has people in mind that he has worked with before, knows he can work with, and that produce results, that is who I would rather see on the staff. Then again, if I knew more than him I would be an OC instead of working in IT.

If any of the offensive coaches are to be retained, then it should be 100% up to the new OC. There should be no insider track to get any job on that side of the ball. They should have to interview along with the other candidates. I think they should have to make their own case why they should be retained.

Frankly, Gran is the only one which should even be considered at all. These guys may be well respected in some corners of the coaching community, but they haven't been getting the job done for 3-4 years now.

well I didnt mean HC or defensive coches

I gotcha, I should have been clear myself, as far as the Offense goes, everyone should be fired except Gran.

Funny to look back just a couple of months and see what ONE bad season will do to people.

Gran support when he was considered at USA

Favorite assistant coach poll........one wasn't offensive.

Granted Knox was criticized for some time now, so I don't count him. Piling on the others seems like a rash movement to me, especially Gran and Nall with all the praise they were getting up until this season.

Funny to look back just a couple of months and see what ONE bad season will do to people.

Gran support when he was considered at USA

Favorite assistant coach poll........one wasn't offensive.

Granted Knox was criticized for some time now, so I don't count him. Piling on the others seems like a rash movement to me, especially Gran and Nall with all the praise they were getting up until this season.

Its just not one bad season, its more than that. Look at AU's offensive numbers since 2004 and how they finished ranked in the country, as well as their attitudes toward CTF this year.

Keep the defensive coaches, Gran and maybe Hugh Nall.

That is my thoughts exactly.

That is a possibility. I think if someone with fresh eyes on the situation (the OC) decides to keep one/some of these guys, then we should give them another chance.

I have a great suggestion instead of the current assistants interviewing the next OC which has happened for the past two OC's. CTT should let the next OC evaluate the current assistants. keep who ever he likes and the rest will receive their check on the way out the door. Never in my life have I heard of a place that lets the "employees" in this case the offensive coaching staff hire their own boss.

I think they all need to go, including Gran. Tuberville needs to hire a quality OC and let him bring in his own coaches. Also, Tubs needs to keep his nose out of the offense. He has never been an offensive coach and he will never be an offensive coach, every time he sticks his nose in the offense it goes south.

I think they all need to go, including Gran. Tuberville needs to hire a quality OC and let him bring in his own coaches. Also, Tubs needs to keep his nose out of the offense. He has never been an offensive coach and he will never be an offensive coach, every time he sticks his nose in the offense it goes south.

I'm seriously asking b/c I want to know.................

Where is the proof of him doing this? I see it a lot, but have never seen anything convincing other than "oh you can tell because ______________"

Archived