CU placekicker raped by teammate

Guest AuNuma1

Let's do put things in perspective here folks. Yes, Barnett needs to be suspended because he made extremely bone-headed remarks in the middle of a very volatile time and situation and should know waaay better.

No one here, at least I hope no one here, is even inferring that rape is okay under any circumstances. As far as the rape accusation goes, that's all it is right now, an accusation. It will be investigated as thoroughly as it can be after this length of time and let's just see how it comes out.

He came off as a cold-hearted SOB
Barnett is a moron

true, true

but not grounds for putting him on leave

he cant be fired either, b.c then the lawsuits against the school will easily win

Well, I do think it's ground for putting him on paid leave. Not for firing though, especially if he makes a public apology.

Okay, let's look at this in another way.

Barnett did something that was poorly thought out that resulted in embarrassment to the University that employs him. It makes perfect sense for him to be suspended with pay, or without pay, or to be fired for publicly embarassing the university.

Does this sound familiar?

Penguin, do you think that Walker should have been replaced for his part in "Petrinogate"?

These two situations are fairly similar. Poor judgement leading to public embarassment to their respective univerisities.

These two situations are fairly similar. Poor judgement leading to public embarassment to their respective univerisities.

Mike Price did not do anything illegal while at UaT but was fired because of public embarrassment to UaT. Thinking about it, Price paid for strippers :rolleyes: he probably thought he was at a :ua: recruiting party. :P

I think what penguin is saying is that those statements alone should not be enough to suspend him. I agree. They were insensitive IF she's telling the truth. At this point in time its just an accusation. And until there is proof???

But, I believe the president of CU said that there are other things that will not be disclosed at this point in time that she made the decision on. So, in essence he did not get suspended for what he said, its for something worse that will come out later.

It doesn't matter if she's telling the truth or not. At this point there is no way for Barnett to know.

I still contend that under no circumstance should a coach publicly demean a current or former player. Just keep your mouth shut. If the reporter asks say "no comment."

I also contend that suspension is almost always appropriate if an employee publicly embarassed his/her employer.

Archived