CU placekicker raped by teammate

Guest AuNuma1

Sounds like not one guy on the team had the balls to stand up for her against the other guys, much less tell the coach. I don't mean just because she is a woman either - someone should have stood up for her as a TEAMMATE.

CU has some serious problems.

I cannot believe that. What is wrong with people? I wish she would sue them...but that would probably only undercut her story. They'd say she was in it for the money. Perhaps she could sue them and promise that any money she wins in a lawsuit would be donated to shelter for domestic abuse or rape crisis centers or something. It just pisses me off...even more now that I have a daughter.

I wish she would sue them...but that would probably only undercut her story. They'd say she was in it for the money.

That sounds dangerously close to, "Dressed in that outfit, she was asking to be raped."

I know you didn't mean that, I just don't think most reasonable would consider that as a likely possibility in this case.

I wish she would sue them...but that would probably only undercut her story. They'd say she was in it for the money.

That sounds dangerously close to, "Dressed in that outfit, she was asking to be raped."

I know you didn't mean that, I just don't think most reasonable would consider that as a likely possibility in this case.

I'm not saying it would undercut her story to me. I'm just saying that's what those she's accusing would likely say about it. Make no mistake, I wish CU and everyone involved from the harassment to the rape would pay dearly for it...monetarily and otherwise.

I'm not saying it would undercut her story to me. I'm just saying that's what those she's accusing would likely say about it. Make no mistake, I wish CU and everyone involved from the harassment to the rape would pay dearly for it...monetarily and otherwise.

Yep, me too, Big Dog.

Still a she said, she said. If coroberated, then there I believe their is a fairly long statue of limitations for rape. Until the truth is found out, I tend to be neutral in these types of things. But, that being said, I do try to learn from this type of issue. I will always attempt to have my daughter tell me anything that upsets her. And a few players might just have to get an a$$-whooping late at night in a quiet place.

Guest AuNuma1

It's good to see that CU's president is handling this stuff well so far. "Everyone's job is at risk" sounds like she may end up cleaning house with everyone who wants to sweep this under the rug.

The coach's comments were completely insensitive. The girl is reporting rape and the coach wants to comment on her kicking ability...idiot.

The coach's comments were completely insensitive. The girl is reporting rape and the coach wants to comment on her kicking ability...idiot.

when you see these kinds of comments by people in rather powerful/high profile jobs, it really makes you wonder about their mental acuity.

i always say, "i hope i would be smart enough not to be that dumb"

I CANNOT believe the man said this, and then claims his comments were "taken out of context"?? What other context is there? He needs to GO. What a horse's ass. :angry::angry::angry:

Barnett later that day snapped at a reporter who asked him about her abilities. ``It was obvious Katie was not very good. She was awful,'' he said. ``Katie was not only a girl, she was terrible. OK? There's no other way to say it.''

During a brief news conference in Boulder late Wednesday, Barnett apologized ``for answering that question in a manner where I must have come across as insensitive.''

He said his remarks had been taken out of context or misinterpreted.

Guest AuNuma1

Horse's ass is too nice...

After spending much of Wednesday commenting about Barnett's remarks, Hoffman learned police had released the report that quoted an unidentified woman saying Barnett told her he "would back his player 100 percent" if rape charges were pursued. The woman declined to file charges.

"mental acuity" Wow. :blink:

Local sports talk dweeb is trying to get a debate going based on the old, "well, she put herself in that position by wanting to be the only girl in a world full of testosterone filled guys." He's as big a tool as Barnett.

"mental acuity" Wow. :blink:

Local sports talk dweeb is trying to get a debate going based on the old, "well, she put herself in that position by wanting to be the only girl in a world full of testosterone filled guys." He's as big a tool as Barnett.

That guy could never ascribe to Carolina Tigers motto, "i always say, "i hope i would be smart enough not to be that dumb" :angry:

What???

Sorry that was not the reaction when it came out that several HS BOYS had been molested with pens, golf balls, etc. and they put themselves in the same "testosterone atmosphere."

It was shocking and appauling then, but now its "he said/she said" and political BS. Sorry, that's just wrong.

Sorry that was not the reaction when it came out that several HS BOYS had been molested with pens, golf balls, etc. and they put themselves in the same "testosterone atmosphere."

What a GREAT point, channon. The "atmosphere" or whatever hormones may be in the air has NOTHING to do with causing physical harm to another person. What about those girls that were disciplined in NY for the hazing of their fellow soccer?softball? players in high school? That is totally out of line too - what, was there too much estrogen in the air? What a LAME perspective. :roll:

barnett is obviously angry that this was not brought to his attention in 2000 by Hnida. there is no reason he should be put on leave (unless you add in the other allegations)

I don't have a link, but I just heard on MSNBC more about this. They interviewed students on campus and one girl said of the rapes of the other girls...

"Students know what kind of parties have that reputation, you know what you are getting into..."

So b/c you made an error in judgement, you deserve to be raped????? Sorry I don't buy that at all. Just b/c a party has the reputation of being wild, doesn't mean I deserve to be forced to do things against my will. Sorry. That's along the same lines as she had a revealing outfit on, so she must have wanted it. Wow!!! Amazing! :headshake:

I may be labeling myself as an "old codger" but it seems that the younger college and high school age people coming up don't seem to have a clear moral compass. There is a right and there is a wrong. Rape is never right.

I may be labeling myself as an "old codger" but it seems that the younger college and high school age people coming up don't seem to have a clear moral compass.  There is a right and there is a wrong.  Rape is never right.

You ARE an old codger, Tigermike, but you're right!!! :) No means no. Stop means stop. Rape is NEVER consensual.

barnett is obviously angry that this was not brought to his attention in 2000 by Hnida. there is no reason he should be put on leave (unless you add in the other allegations)

Come on now Penguin!!

A coach who publicly makes a derogatoryremark about any player/ex-player should be in some kind of trouble.

A coach who who publicly makes a derogatory remark about an ex-player who claims she was raped by another player while she was on the team should be suspended just long enough to work out the deal for his firing!!

Barnett may be the stupidest SOB who ever lived. The reputation of his football program is going up in flames and instead of either keeping his mouth shut or acting with some class, he attacks the person who likely is a victim of his out-of-control program. I wonder if he just wants out, so he decided to act like a complete moron.

Any, Penquin, I wholeheartedly disagree with you as to whether he should be suspended.

Well, it shows how dumb one can be to form that kind of an opinion about someone. I mean, it's one thing to say she wasn't a good kicker. But what does "she's a girl" have to do with anything. That should tip you off right there that Barnett is an idiot.

But he seals the deal by saying this in the context of this whole rape charge. It's not like she's claiming the guy stole her lunch money. He came off as a cold-hearted SOB that was just annoyed that this might give his program a black eye, not that he was the least bit concerned about the possibility of the allegation being true.

Even if all this never makes it to a courtroom (lack of witnesses/proof), Barnett is a moron for opening his piehole before engaging his brain.

He came off as a cold-hearted SOB
Barnett is a moron

true, true

but not grounds for putting him on leave

he cant be fired either, b.c then the lawsuits against the school will easily win

Archived