Paul Johnson

TigerGlide

Paul Johnson is a winner. I just don't know if he will leave Tech this soon.

Let's be honest folks. we have parted ways with one of the best "Old School" coaches around. Tubs was a gentleman, he ran a clean program, he cared about the players and their academic, physical, and spiritual growth, and he did not believe in running up the score on his opponent.

My, how times have changed. Since it appears that AU wants to go to the next level, we MUST be willing to hire the kind of "new school" coach that can get us there. He must be willing to be super aggressive, be willing to destryoy his opponent, hammer down, don't take your foot off the accelator, kill 'um all let God sort 'um out type of attitiude (RUN UP THE DAMN SCORE to get style points). He must be very aggressive in recruiting and push the absoulte edge of the envelope on NCAA regs, and seek out loopholes. He may need to be a bad ass (maybe even a jerk). He must be a workaholic or he must work super smart. No more hunting trips during times when that time could be spent texting, visiting, calling, emailing recruits. He must know how to use all of the high technology he has at his fingertips, etc. (Recruiting is now 24/7/365).

Now, does that sound like Turner Gill or Paul Johnson? Who does that sound like (besides Saban or Meyer)? Could it be.... CBP? We all may question his intregity because of his moves, but, let's get serious. He is one hell of a coach and a recruiter. If money is no object....go after CBP. That's just my humble opinion. (I know this is not a popular opinion right in the middle of the Turner Gill lovefest.) ;>)

As always....WDE!

oh yeah...Bobby Patrino. I know about the "no western division" clause. I saw somewhere it was $11.4 million.

Anyways, I had never saw CBP and just could not get past Bill Parcells.

Remember now....I said if money is no object. Heck, why not try Bob Stoops? Do we really want to get to the next level, or, do we want to be satified with 8-4, 9-3 an occasional 10-2 seasons? Tubs was a great coach and he almost got us there. We just didn't have all the planets aligned in 2004. If money is no object, as JJ said, then let's think BIG!

I watched Buffalo win the MAC last night and I heard TG's speech. Very impressive! I have also listened to his other interviews on the net. He is indeed an impressive person who deeply cares about 18 to 23 year old men. I really admire his calling and his character. But, we must want to get to the next level because we let CTT slip away (so to speak). College football has changed so much. ESPN, big money, and the internet has changed everything. To get to the next level will require some BIG changes and effort. Do you think any of the coaches on our list can get us there?

Archived