D.T. Shackelford

bojack34

I don't have a link but I do have some very credible information on D.T. Shackelford. A guy I work with knows his family very well and he told me today that D.T. is very big an AU right now. He played linebacker at Decatur High Austin High School and I believe he is rated at 3 stars.

I don't have a link but I do have some very credible information on D.T. Shackelford. I guy I work with knows his family very well and he told me today that D.T. is very big an AU right now. He played linebacker at Decatur High and I believe he is rated at 3 stars.

he played at austin. as an austin alum, i find that VERY offensive. but yes, my dad has him in his 7th period chem class and has said the same thing, fwiw.

I don't have a link but I do have some very credible information on D.T. Shackelford. I guy I work with knows his family very well and he told me today that D.T. is very big an AU right now. He played linebacker at Decatur High and I believe he is rated at 3 stars.

he played at austin. as an austin alum, i find that VERY offensive. but yes, my dad has him in his 7th period chem class and has said the same thing, fwiw.

LOL! My bad.

Previous Staff went cold on him for some reason. He committed to :ut: . Funny thing he is he wanted :au: ALL along.

His stepdad is a :ut::homer: but DT and the rest of his family wanted him at AU. We show the kid any love, he goes :au:

• 2 weeks later...

he now appears to be a UT lock after Kiffin visited him at home yesterday.

On rivals forum B. Mattews said he has narrowed list to UT and Ole Miss, with AU being out of the picture.

Trust me. He will be going to UT. It may not be being reported yet but according to his dad after the visit yesterday he has made up his mind. Kiffin and another assistant (not sure which one) was in Decatur yesterday visiting with him.

On rivals forum B. Mattews said he has narrowed list to UT and Ole Miss, with AU being out of the picture.

Trust me. He will be going to UT. It may not be being reported yet but according to his dad after the visit yesterday he has made up his mind. Kiffin and another assistant (not sure which one) was in Decatur yesterday visiting with him.

Kiffin would have been smart to bring his dad, Monte, with him. That would have to impress any LB.

Did any of you read the article in The Huntsville Times a few days ago about him? He seems to not only be a good player but a great person as well. He’s a devout Christian and works with young kids. After reading the article I was hoping he would come to Auburn.

Did any of you read the article in The Huntsville Times a few days ago about him? He seems to not only be a good player but a great person as well. He’s a devout Christian and works with young kids. After reading the article I was hoping he would come to Auburn.

I didn't get to read the article but I have heard from numerous people whom know him very well that he is indeed a devout Christian and really has his head on his shoulders.

Word is that both he and Lattimore were told that we were full at LB.

Ok then. Did he ever have an actual offer from Auburn? If so, and he wanted to come here, he should have snapped it up when he had the chance. This may be another "snooze you lose" case.

Ok then. Did he ever have an actual offer from Auburn? If so, and he wanted to come here, he should have snapped it up when he had the chance. This may be another "snooze you lose" case.

I am not 100 percent sure he had an offer from AU but from what I am being told it sounds like he did to me. It may very well have been that he was recruited from the previous staff and the new staff backed off a little bit. Maybe our current staff has some bigger name recruits out there they are hoping for but at the same time they didn't want to withdraw their offer from D.T. if the others didn't pan out. I will see what I can find out tomorrow.

I think he had an offer, the staff just kind of knows that Kight is 90% AU bound at this point and they really like him. Not sure if there is another LB they feel they are likely to get or not, Knight is VERY good but from all indications he appears to be a UT silent.

ok. just found out he never had an offer from AU but he was really impressed with us.

ok. just found out he never had an offer from AU but he was really impressed with us.

Reminds me of my relationship with Cindy Crawford. :P I never had an offer but I was really impressed. :big:

Reminds me of my relationship with Cindy Crawford. :P I never had an offer but I was really impressed. :big:

I've been waiting for Anna Kournikova to offer me for several years now. Hope springs eternal!

I've been waiting for Anna Kournikova to offer me for several years now. Hope springs eternal!

Want me to give her your number? :big:

Wow! I was lead to believe he was going to UT.

Shackleford commits to Ole Piss. (Bham News)

I actually kind of thought it would go this way. (From what I hear) Mom, Dad and DT wanted :au: . Kid wore :au: in hs. Anyway. His stepdad is the :ut::homer: DT doesnt get our offer, we go cold on him. Next he gets a :ut: offer. Step dad elated. Everyone else bummed.

Keeps peace in the family by going third route.

Archived