2000 Civic EX

WarEagleFL

I'm looking into buying a 2000 Civic EX coupe. 2 door, automatic with 30,000 miles on it.

The car itself is $4000, and it needs some parts. Its a theft recovery vehicle so it hasn't been in an accident. Anyone know about this car? I dont know much about cars, but it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

I'm looking into buying a 2000 Civic EX coupe. 2 door, automatic with 30,000 miles on it.

The car itself is $4000, and it needs some parts. Its a theft recovery vehicle so it hasn't been in an accident. Anyone know about this car? I dont know much about cars, but it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Try this, :D

http://www.kbb.com

I would still have a mechanic check it out. It seems like thats a huge price gap. I wouldn't want to buy into a bunch of problems they aren't saying upfront. The car could be a lemon.

My sisters fiance is a mechanic and will be doing all the work for me. The car runs great and all that, it just got a lot stuff stolen from it and the insurance company decided to write it off instead of putting the pieces back together. Mechanically the car is great, its just lacking in the cosmetic department.

Thanks for the advice though :)

Guest AuNuma1

What do you mean it's "lacking in the cosmetic department"? It hasn't been in a wreck and it's a 2000 model but yet it needs an entire paint job? :huh:

I'm not exactly sure what happened to it. My friend ran the VIN number and it hasn't been in a wreck. But it needs a new hood, front bumper, rear bumper, rear spoiler and fenders. Thats where the new paint job will be needed. It looks like whoever stole from it, decided to do a little more damage to it before they were done.

Guest AuNuma1

Well, just because a CarFax doesn't report a wreck doesn't mean it has never been in one. It sounds shady to me, especially with the price, but I'd find out as much about the car as I could before I bought it, even if that meant paying a little to have it checked out by someone who knows what to look for.

Well, just because a CarFax doesn't report a wreck doesn't mean it has never been in one. It sounds shady to me, especially with the price, but I'd find out as much about the car as I could before I bought it, even if that meant paying a little to have it checked out by someone who knows what to look for.

Yeah, thats why I'm asking ya'll about it. Seems too good to be true to me.

, its just lacking in the cosmetic department.

Does that mean it came from Chicago and has been in the salt for several winters?

Or maybe even buried under a snow/salt/ice mound for several months? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived