Alabama lands first 2010 commit....

runswithscissors

Keiwone Malone

WR

Memphis, TN

6'1" 165 lbs

In 2007 he had 70 receptions for 1,249 yards and 12 TDs

In 2008 he had 73 receptions for 1,407 yards and 19 TDs

He also had 13 receptions for 358 receiving yards and 3 TDs in one semifinal playoff game. TNVarsity.com said he is likely the top 2010 WR prospect in TN. I find this particularly amusing due to Lance Thompson's comments that UT will own Memphis in recruiting. Whether his commitment will stick or not, who knows. We're still a pretty good way out. But it does feel nice to pluck most likely the top WR prospect in TN out of Memphis when a coach calls you out.

“He ain’t getting any more of my (recruits),” Thompson said of Saban.

He fired the first shots, and he got punked. Priceless.

I know he's just a jr in high school, but man he seems pretty skinny.

I thought so as well. Could very well end up being a slot receiver, though. He could gain a good 15-20 lbs as well. Waaaay too early to tell what might happen with him. I thought his commitment was a huge slap in the face to UT just a day after them proclaiming that Memphis was now on lockdown. They are slowly learning not to run their mouths.

I thought Lance had Memphis locked up? I guess he's too busy calling our athletic department and having heated phone conversations with Coach Saban to deliver on his promise?

Either that, or hitting on the UT athletic hostesses. That's another national award he should have won while he was here. Lane Kiffin better watch his prize.

I thought Lance had Memphis locked up? I guess he's too busy calling our athletic department and having heated phone conversations with Coach Saban to deliver on his promise?

Either that, or hitting on the UT athletic hostesses. That's another national award he should have won while he was here. Lane Kiffin better watch his prize.

What did the five fingers say to the face?

I think part of his problem with the hostesses is he is like a kid trapped inside a man's body. He really does have a kid's mentality and I think thats why he connects with the recruits so well. He acts like them, he talks like them, etc....

What did the five fingers say to the face?

I think part of his problem with the hostesses is he is like a kid trapped inside a man's body. He really does have a kid's mentality and I think thats why he connects with the recruits so well. He acts like them, he talks like them, etc....

I haven't heard any of what was said. Only that choice words have been exchanged over the phone between CNS and Thompson.

His problem with the hostesses is bigger than him being mentally immature as a person. The guy, while coming across as friendly, managed to say some things about his players that I, as a fan, didn't really appreciate. If that's his opinion and he's getting paid to form it, so be it, but don't run your players names into the ground by blathering to other people. Lance never hesitated to cut his player's down behind their backs. I wouldn't want my son playing for a coach who does this constantly.

Lance needs to shut his mouth and fast.

I thought this was the "War Eagle Nation" and not the "Crimson Turd Nation." This is getting oooooooooooold! We don't care!

I thought this was the "War Eagle Nation" and not the "Crimson Turd Nation." This is getting oooooooooooold! We don't care!

A good way to avoid posts like this...stay out of the "rival recruiting forum."

If you're looking for Auburn related recruiting, this would not be the place to get it.

Apparently you do care, because you ventured into the Rival Recruiting Forum.

Archived