Auburn in NIT as a 1 seed

WarTiger

Yeah, #1 seed in NIT says we were definitely one of the first 4 out of the NCAA tourney. Great improvement over last year. Potential for 3 home games. War Eagle.

Yeah, #1 seed in NIT says we were definitely one of the first 4 out of the NCAA tourney. Great improvement over last year. Potential for 3 home games. War Eagle.

That may be true but you cant judge that from the NIT seeds since the committee's who pick these teams are not affiliated with one another. I believe the NIT is its own seperate entity.

First game is Wednesday at 7 PM CST...no TV that I can find (none of the ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU, anyway), so if you're in the neighborhood, go support the guys.

play UT-Martin first round...

congrats tigers...

Are they playing in Auburn?

they should be...as far as I know. They would also host a 2nd round game too, if they win, if i'm not mistaken.

Edit: from the auburn website:

Auburn Will Take On UT-Martin In NIT First Round

UT-Martin was the Ohio Valley Conference regular season champion.

March 15, 2009

The Auburn men's basketball team (22-11, 10-6 SEC) will play Ohio Valley Conference regular season champion UT-Martin (22-9, 14-4) in the NIT First Round Wednesday at 7 pm Central in Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum. Tickets will go on sale Monday morning on-line at www.auburntigers.com and at the Auburn Athletic Department Ticket Office. Reserved tickets are $15 in sections 29-33 lower level, $10 general admission for the rest of the building and $5 for college students and those 18-and-under.

More to come...

congrats tigers...

You guys will do well in the NIT. I felt that you guys would have made the NCAA tourney if MSU lost to UT today. But, overall...i think Lebo has done a great job from start to finish. He basically walked into an Auburn program with hardly anything to work with. He has for sure gained my respect.

I didnt watch the selection show or see anything on the NIT, did any other SEC team make the NIT. I know LSU, MSU and UT made the big tourney.

congrats tigers...

You guys will do well in the NIT. I felt that you guys would have made the NCAA tourney if MSU lost to UT today. But, overall...i think Lebo has done a great job from start to finish. He basically walked into an Auburn program with hardly anything to work with. He has for sure gained my respect.

I didnt watch the selection show or see anything on the NIT, did any other SEC team make the NIT. I know LSU, MSU and UT made the big tourney.

He actually walked into quite a bit of talent, but they left.

congrats tigers...

Kentucky, Florida and Carolina made the NIT. Florida and Auburn are 1 seeds, Carolina 3 seed and UK 4 seed

congrats tigers...

Kentucky, Florida and Carolina made the NIT. Florida and Auburn are 1 seeds, Carolina 3 seed and UK 4 seed

That sure looks strange doesn't it? It's been so long since AU had a decent BB season and now to be seeded higher than KY, NC & UF.

Way to go Tigers and here's hoping Lebo can keep things going in the upward direction.

WAR EAGLE!!!

It's amazing...a year ago I'd never heard of UT-Martin, now we're playing them in two different sports in the span of a few months! Who saw that coming?

congrats tigers...

That sure looks strange doesn't it? It's been so long since AU had a decent BB season and now to be seeded higher than KY, NC & UF.

Way to go Tigers and here's hoping Lebo can keep things going in the upward direction.

WAR EAGLE!!!

That's South Carolina. The Tar Heels didn't get punished that bad (NIT) just for losing the ACC Tourney to FSU.

congrats tigers...

WAR EAGLE!!!

That's South Carolina. The Tar Heels didn't get punished that bad (NIT) just for losing the ACC Tourney to FSU.

Ha ha ha, yet another time South Carolina never came to mind. :rolleyes:

congrats tigers...

WAR EAGLE!!!

:lol:

congrats tigers...

WAR EAGLE!!!

In my mind I'm going to Carolina.

congrats tigers...

UF will get beat in their opening game by Jacksonville. I have seen j'ville play as a member of the Atlantic sun conference with Lipscomb, where i work. J'ville matches up very well with them and has the size and athelticism to compete and beat them. Plus J'ville playing in G'ville, they will be pumped up!!

We need to go into the NIT with the plans and mind-set to win!!! An early loss and we'll all hear "that's why they didn't make the NCAAs".

Go get'em guys!!!

That may be true but you cant judge that from the NIT seeds since the committee's who pick these teams are not affiliated with one another. I believe the NIT is its own seperate entity.

Until somewhat recently, yes. Not anymore.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2136724

If Auburn can get past UT-Martin, do we know when the second game would be? The bracket I saw just said the second round would be played "March 19-23."

Not assuming a victory, by any means, but, since I can't make it tomorrow, I want to plan so I can make sure I can make it to round #2 (if there is one).

Until somewhat recently, yes. Not anymore.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2136724

Thanks for the clarification. I didnt see that a few years ago but I least I had half of my statement right with the committee's who pick both tournaments being different, lol.

Archived