Ledarius Owens

AUman43

According to Ledarius, it's down to us and the Bammers. How in the world can these jerks keep in the running with us for LB's this year when they have them running out the ears? Plus, his uncle is James Owens, one of the first black athletes to play for us. I wish we could finally get some players who weren't also considering that bunch as well. Oh yes, source Rivals. Apparently blood is not thicker than water with some of Auburn recruits.

According to Ledarius, it's down to us and the Bammers. How in the world can these jerks keep in the running with us for LB's this year when they have them running out the ears? Plus, his uncle is James Owens, one of the first black athletes to play for us. I wish we could finally get some players who weren't also considering that bunch as well. Oh yes, source Rivals.

So you would rather compete with Middle Tennessee, Tulane, Southern Miss and West Texas? :rolleyes:;)

No Mike. I'd rather have someone talented who KNOWS that Auburn is a better place for them than Alabama, That's what!

No Mike. I'd rather have someone talented who KNOWS that Auburn is a better place for them than Alabama, That's what!

I think its because the system we run is very LB dependant. It requires very smart, extremely talented guys. We will lose 3 LBs to graduation after this season, plus I really think Rolando McClain will head for the NFL, and I really don't see Prince Hall making his way back on the team. So there are 5 spots coming open right there. We have 4 incoming LBs from the 2009 signing class, but I really only look to see Nico and possibly Tana to see any significant PT this coming season. Atchison and Smith will probably RS. There are plenty of multiples for the LB groupings as well, so that helps to get alot of different people on the field.

We have 4 different LB positions; Mike (MIDDLE), Will (WEAKSIDE), Sam (STRONGSIDE), and Jack (HYBRID). In different coverages (Dime, Nickel, Regular, etc) you have different personnel plugging into those four positions depending on situation and coverage. I know its easy to look at it and just say "Wow, there is a logjame there", but there is a little more to it.

Apparently Owens is a good friend of Holland and said that really helps our chances.

Even with what I said before, I think you guys are the one to beat for him. I think alot of recruiters will attack the depth chart issue against us on the recruiting trail.

• 3 weeks later...

If it's true that he didn't have a good visit, AND that James Owens is his uncle, then why not go ahead and commit? These are those things I fail to understand. If he had a bammer background and relatives, he would have already been committed. JMO

If it's true that he didn't have a good visit, AND that James Owens is his uncle, then why not go ahead and commit? These are those things I fail to understand. If he had a bammer background and relatives, he would have already been committed. JMO

Geez. PChamp Jr.

Geez. PChamp Jr.

Ouch.

Geez. PChamp Jr.

Ouch.

We were all thinking it.

According to Ledarius, it's down to us and the Bammers. How in the world can these jerks keep in the running with us for LB's this year when they have them running out the ears? Plus, his uncle is James Owens, one of the first black athletes to play for us. I wish we could finally get some players who weren't also considering that bunch as well. Oh yes, source Rivals.

So you would rather compete with Middle Tennessee, Tulane, Southern Miss and West Texas? :rolleyes:;)

Guys, an 'off the record' quote I heard from a guy I coach with who was having lunch with Kirby Smart was, "I hated to see Tommy and that bunch leave cause these new guys are making us work our a**es off".

Guys, an 'off the record' quote I heard from a guy I coach with who was having lunch with Kirby Smart was, "I hated to see Tommy and that bunch leave cause these new guys are making us work our a**es off".

That sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!

• 1 month later...

After some of the posturing the our coaching staff and the staff at UAT have done back and forth this recruiting season, I wonder if this rearangement was encouraged by our staff. It doesnt matter either way, I like AU being on top regardless, but I am curious if our staff is pulling out the Saban tactic of making a prospects recutiment look like more of a battle than it was to make the prospects commitment more of a recruiting victory. I know they have had several prospects the last few years show up at AU even though everyone knew they were committing to UAT. Good to see that he still likes AU best.

I wonder some of the same things. i bleed orange and blue and have since i was knee high, but what i also dont undrstand is how we are supposed to have one of the best recruiting years ever, and UAT's is supposedly sub-par, yet if you look at their commit list and our commit list, its still grapes compared to raisins. lots of commits to not many. i dnt get it and it frustrastes the heck out of me. :angry:

I wonder some of the same things. i bleed orange and blue and have since i was knee high, but what i also dont undrstand is how we are supposed to have one of the best recruiting years ever, and UAT's is supposedly sub-par, yet if you look at their commit list and our commit list, its still grapes compared to raisins. lots of commits to not many. i dnt get it and it frustrastes the heck out of me. :angry:

You need to chill a little, it's not even July and we are completely worried about where our recruiting ranking in Feb. is going to be. Let the coaches worry about getting the players and the process they are using seems to be working. Don't get too caught up in who has more commits right now.

You need to chill a little, it's not even July and we are completely worried about where our recruiting ranking in Feb. is going to be. Let the coaches worry about getting the players and the process they are using seems to be working. Don't get too caught up in who has more commits right now.

You guys worry about recruiting rankings now? :poke:

You guys worry about recruiting rankings now? :poke:

You can usually tell which posters have just started keeping up with recruiting, those are usually the ones worried about the number of stars or how high the prospect is ranked. I'll admit, I was the same when I started following it, back in '96 when I was a HS Senior. But, I was just following it to see how many of these "Stud" linemen could bench as much as I could coming out of HS. Then I just started keeping up with it ever since. I can tell you, without looking it up, who Auburn's top two players were, back in the 2000 Class.....RB Rudi Johnson 5 Star and DE Alton Moore 5 Star.

Archived