Baby Update

Well, I have hit the 38 week mark with high hopes, but at my dr appt on Monday, I have not ONE single sign of impending labor. On top of all of that, Katie, who had been head down and engaged for nearly a month now, must have gotten tired of me sitting on her head and decided she liked it better lying crossways in my uterus. So she is back up top, happily kicking the crap out of my belly button. This child is going to have thighs like a member of the East German women's swim team.

The long and short of it is that UNLESS she gets back into head down position, and UNLESS she descends back into my pelvis and UNLESS my body starts getting ready to rumble, I will be having a scheduled C-section on March 17th. Yes, a St Patrick's Day baby - the corndog is happy about that. :D My dr had originally proposed the 16th - but that will be my two year wedding anniversary, so I respectfully declined being sliced open on that day.

Granted, a lot can happen in two weeks, but if I do go into labor on my own, and she is not in position, I will wind up having the c-section anyway. They also can't induce unless she is in position. I have kind of resigned myself to the surgery, and am getting prepared for it mentally, because it is what is best for Katie. My dr is VERY conservative but that is what I pay him the big bucks for, right?

My husband likes to remind me that she IS my daughter, and this Diva-Princess attitude is to be expected, as genetics do tell. So I can't complain too much. :P

So just keep us all in your thoughts and prayers, and I will let you know when/if things start to happen!!!

Jenny, we are all eagerly awaiting the arrival of Katie and wish you the best. St Patties day, what a birthday :):):)

hang in there Jenny! A secretary where I worked years ago went about a month overdue and boy was she ever ready to unload that cargo! It'll be well worth the wait, I'm sure you know! :)

Love to you Sis! Hang in there. and remember....Dont kill the Corndog, make him pay long and slowly.... :lol:

Good luck, Jenny! Don't worry, though, we've had three and I can tell you without hesitation that it doesn't hurt a bit!!!

Good luck, Jenny! Don't worry, though, we've had three and I can tell you without hesitation that it doesn't hurt a bit!!!

Spoken like a true lib - "I feel your pain... even tho I really can't and have no ACTUAL idea what you are going through..."

Yeah, RIGHT!!!!!!!!! :P:P:P

Thanks, Al - seriously, I appreciate the sentiment and your support.

Thanks to everyone else too - and DKW - no fears for the corndog's safety - he has been wonderful and understanding and supportive, and not out of fear!! The guys he works with have been telling him horror stories about their wives and viscious pregnancy mood swings, and since I honestly have not been psycho like that, he thinks I am pretty amazing!! Guess the hormone shortage that was a nearly a disaster in the first trimester has turned out to be a blessing in disguise!!!

You, your :corndog: , and little Katie have my familys prayers, Jenny.

You are in my thoughts and prayers as well. I had both of my children C-section. Emilee was an "unplanned" one. She was breach and I was in labor! Ethan was a planned C-section.

Good Luck, take care and get your rest!

Jenny, is this your first? Hopefully you will be able to deliver w/out a c-section, but as long as the baby is fine is what really matters. good luck to you and congratulations!

Your Auburn sis, Marsha

P.s. I have 3 kids,

10, 3, and 1 and a half...they grow up too fast!

best of luck, jenny...our prayers will be with you.

good move on not having the baby on your anniversary, btw...

we will, of course, expect pictures by the 18th. :P

and baby katie better not be wearing anything gold & purple, or we'll call the authorities.

ct

Good luck Jenny! I assume your husband is saying little Katie is taking after her mommy? :lol:

Archived