AUBURN'S FOOTBALL RECORD IN 2009

Aubie

I believe Auburn has a legit shot at winning 6-8 games...What do you guys think?

War Eagle! :au:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Auburn has a legit shot at winning 6-8 games...What do you guys think?

10 would be amazing

9 would be great

8 would be good

7 would be ok

6 or less to be is unacceptable.

With our Talent alone we should win 6..... mix in some good coaching and I say we get an 8. I'm guessing 8 hoping for 9 WDE.....I hate this time of year only b/c football season feels like it's light years away!

5-7

7-5.. I believe we will be slightly improved. We will get better as the year goes on.

10 would be amazing

9 would be great

8 would be good

7 would be ok

6 or less to be is unacceptable.

With our Talent alone we should win 6..... mix in some good coaching and I say we get an 8. I'm guessing 8 hoping for 9 WDE.....I hate this time of year only b/c football season feels like it's light years away!

I agree 8 is not impossible...hopefully the coaching staff does as well as I am hoping...based on the spring game it appears as though the players have "bought into" the new staff...there was a lot of emotion it seemed, so i hope this carries over and gives us those extra 2-3 wins....

I find it ironic that the poster of this thread asked for the record (e.g. 7-5) and says "winning 6-8 games," ala not predicting a record at all.

If I was a betting man, based on winning some and losing some you shouldn't, I'd bet 8-4, but wouldn't be surprised with 9-3.

I know we have a new coach, but the fact that we lost to LSU, UGA, Arkansas, and Ole Miss by so few points last year really has me not too pessimistic about the upcoming season. WVU, another loss last year, loses their best player in decades and we were winning by 10 on the road at half time. Bama can probably be written off as a L as well, but they too have a new QB and we have the game at home.

I somehow see us pulling off at least 2 in the LSU / UGA / Ole Miss / Arkansas / WVU slots, even if 4 of them are on the road. Chizik won't lose to Kentucky.

Here's to an 8-4 season, with momentum going into 2010 to win the SEC.

I find it ironic that the poster of this thread asked for the record (e.g. 7-5) and says "winning 6-8 games," ala not predicting a record at all.

If I was a betting man, based on winning some and losing some you shouldn't, I'd bet 8-4, but wouldn't be surprised with 9-3.

I know we have a new coach, but the fact that we lost to LSU, UGA, Arkansas, and Ole Miss by so few points last year really has me not too pessimistic about the upcoming season. WVU, another loss last year, loses their best player in decades and we were winning by 10 on the road at half time. Bama can probably be written off as a L as well, but they too have a new QB and we have the game at home.

I somehow see us pulling off at least 2 in the LSU / UGA / Ole Miss / Arkansas / WVU slots, even if 4 of them are on the road. Chizik won't lose to Kentucky.

Wow, I agree, I also think we will be underdogs going into the Bama game, but if we are hot from beating UGA and LSU I think we could have some momentum going into that game unlike last year. So I see it being much closer at the very least.

And if I had to guess it would be 8-4 as well with the possibility of 6-6(injuries/inconsistent QB play) and 10-2(if everything falls perfectly)

Louisiana Tech-W

Mississippi State-W

West Virginia-Push (New QB for WVA, possibly for both teams. I am leaning more towards WVA)

Ball State-W (Thank god their QB left!)

@ Tennessee-W (Call me crazy, but I don't see Capt. Jackass turning them into a football team in one year)

@ Arkansas-L (that hurt to type)

Kentucky-W

@LSU-L

Ole Miss-L

Furman-W

@Georgia-Push (No Stafford, no Moreno--who knows how they'll look?)

Alabama-Push (Flame away Bammers--three members of your OL are gone, JPW and Coffee all out as well. Your offensive line will be inexperienced, your QB play remains a mystery. Defense is solid. This could come down to special teams which could certainly go either way depending on which Wes Byrum shows up!)

I look at the schedule and see 6 sure wins, I figure will pull 1-2 of the games I listed as a push game so I'd say anywhere from 6-8 wins. 8 wins would be a great start to the Chizik era and some great coaching on his part if we can get there. I want to be the starry-eyed optimist and say we can get to ten wins but I just don't see it based on what I saw last year.

My guess is 7-5

Are you feeling well?! I'm floored!

We have all kinds of talent. And as much as I loved Tubs there was no order and no coaching last year. Tubs just didn't have control there at the end. And although Chizik has no head coaching credibility yet, he does know defense... that much he has proven. And what did he do to fill in the gaps? He hired Malzahn, and he knows offense. That too has been proven. If Chizik gives free reign to the Malzahn and the offense which I don't see why he wouldn't... since he has no offensive background, and if Chizik sticks to the defense. Then I see no reason why we can't win a lot of games this year. I'm calling it now we get 9 wins and put up a damn good scare for a possible 10 wins. I also think we beat bama at home! WAR DAMN EAGLE!

First of all PC I was asking for the predictions of those on the board, who said I had to make a prediction...and I did say 6-8 wins which in turn is somthing like saying I believe our record will be somewhere around 6-6 to 8-4...I really haven't gotten a real prediction yet, which is why I chose to find out what the rest of the AUNATION thinks....

special teams which could certainly go either way depending on which Wes Byrum shows up

I might agree that it could be a push, but Byrum is a long way from being in Javy's league. Plus, Alabama's special teams have been very solid the past two years.

special teams which could certainly go either way depending on which Wes Byrum shows up

I might agree that it could be a push, but Byrum is a long way from being in Javy's league. Plus, Alabama's special teams have been very solid the past two years.

who the hell is Javy??

Louisiana Tech-W

Mississippi State-W

West Virginia-L

Ball State-W

@ Tennessee-W

@ Arkansas-L

Kentucky-W

@LSU-L

Ole Miss-L

Furman-W

@Georgia L ***

Alabama-L***

***I believe that we have a chance to be a very good football team from mid-season on IF we can avoid injuries. If we can, and the QB's and OL develop, I honestly believe that we have a good shot at both Ga and Ala, particularly playing bammer at home. I also wouldn't be surprised if we knock off one of the two ole piss or LSWHO. I can realistically see us possibly having a 7-8 win season and a bowl. People have concentrated on Chizik's record and forgotten just how good this bunch of assistant coaches that he's assembled are. I think it will make a world of difference. JMHO

Safe bet: we win the WVU game, it's 8 wins and a bowl. IMO, we win WVU but stub our toe once (e.g. @ arky) and pull one out (e.g. Tenn) to still win 8. Don't count on beating LSU or Bama for a couple years.

9/5: West Virginia (toss up)

9/12: Mississippi State - AU win

9/19: Kentucky - AU win

9/26: Ball State - AU win

10/3: @Tennessee - AU loss

10/10: @Arkansas - AU win

10/17: Southern Miss - AU win

10/24: @LSU - AU loss

10/31: Ole Miss - AU win

11/7: Furman - AU win

11/14: @Georgia - AU loss

11/21: OPEN

11/28: Alabama - AU loss

Safe bet: we win the WVU game, it's 8 wins and a bowl. IMO, we win WVU but stub our toe once (e.g. @ arky) and pull one out (e.g. Tenn) to still win 8. Don't count on beating LSU or Bama for a couple years.

9/5: West Virginia (toss up)

9/12: Mississippi State - AU win

9/19: Kentucky - AU win

9/26: Ball State - AU win

10/3: @Tennessee - AU loss

10/10: @Arkansas - AU win

10/17: Southern Miss - AU win

10/24: @LSU - AU loss

10/31: Ole Miss - AU win

11/7: Furman - AU win

11/14: @Georgia - AU loss

11/21: OPEN

11/28: Alabama - AU loss

I believe you may have the right teams, but you definitely have the wrong schedule. That was the old "tentative" schedule put out a loooooong time ago.

And as a general FYI for our thread starter as well, not that he was incorrect, but our schedule ends on 11/27. But technically our record at the end of 11/28 will be the same as 11/27.

I can see anywhere from 6-6 to 9-3 if everything fell into place. I'll take the conservative side of that and say 7-5.

Louisiana Tech-W

Mississippi State-W

West Virginia-W

Ball State-W

Tennessee-W

Arkansas-W

Kentucky-W

@LSU-L

Ole Miss-W

Furman-W

Georgia-L

Alabama-W

That said, I think we'll win 8,9, or 10 games this year. Even though I have 10 W's, a couple of them are tossups. Guess which one I want to win more than any?

Wes Byrum is a field goal kicker. Why is he being compared to a punt returner? I don't recall UAT's special teams being that special with the exception of "Javy" as you call him. He is a great punt returner but your field goal kicking has been very suspect the last several years no to mention the punting. I say all you have on special teams is "Javy" and I would give the advantage of that to Auburn.

Archived