AUBURN'S FOOTBALL RECORD IN 2009

Aubie

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Codi #1 - 7 wins tops

With Caudle #1 - maybe 8 or 9.

:roflol:

Whomever gets the start, they will be the best QB. So I think your theory is pretty flawed.

I hope you are right Indy. However, I'm not sure this was the case last year, which may explain Freaks concern....Thankfully, we have new management. I believe this years starter will the best QB as well.

No offense...and I'm not flaming here...but to consider Bama a push is probably a reach at this point. Yes, we are replacing some OL and a QB. But UA wasn't even playing the same sport as AU last year.

And you're replace ALL your coaches. You have the same (if not worse) situation in terms of experience at QB. And you lost some pretty significant talent on defense.

That's not to say come november it wont be a push. But in May, considering you haven't taken the field yet, calling that game a push is a stretch.

In May every game is a push cause no one has taken the field yet. I'm not sold on Bama being a top ten team right now, but they do have an easy schedule. My take on Auburn's record is 7-5, maybe 8-4 if they win a close one that they lost last year. That is what confuses me about people talking about Auburn, they seem to forget that Auburn was in the game late in 5 of the 7 losses. If the offense can just stay on the field and actually put up around 24-27 points then the Tigers are bowling.

So the Auburn - Furman game is a push? I'll spot you 10 points if you take Furman.

He's absolutely correct. The Bama game is nowhere near a push right now. Bama is clearly the better team. When you lose 36-0 to a team and see the trend, it is difficult to argue. I believe last year at this time everyone (except me) was talking about how easy it was to chalk up the Bama game a W last year based on the prior 6 years. I didn't hear much talk about a push.

I find it laughable that people are writing off UGA as a L seeing that they lose their QB and RB and we almost beat them. Bama kicked our ass and some think that is a push or a W. Crazy.

Champ...you should know you can't use logic when having a debate regarding college football. College Football is emotional, and anybody on this board is obviously a huge fan. So if you try to use logic and outsmart another poster, you will find yourself debating with an huge, emotional fan whether or not its a correct assumption if they see their team as a toss-up/push in a rivalry game 150 days before kickoff.

Somehow, you manage to take off your Auburn glasses and look at issues objectively. There is no place for that on an Auburn football message board. Nobody wants to read logical posts. (or in the bad times, believe them)

Many here believe you are a bammer. I used to, but not anymore.

Who is Codi? God, you'd think people would know our player's names after 2 years of play. But then again, after 10 years, some still can't spell Tuberville properly.

AUSlug, the Appy State game still wasn't a push in terms of predictions. A push means you could see the game go either way and wouldn't bet on it either way. I guarantee you that not even 0.0001% of the population predicted App State to win that game. I guarantee you not even 0.001% predicted it'd come down to the final play. I guarantee you not even 1% said the game would be a push. There is no such thing as a calling a "push" after the game has been played. Because the outcome is known. Pushes are for BEFORE the game. The App State game WAS NOT a push prior to the game. It still is not a push after the game. Because I don't think anybody would not bet Appy State knowing they won.

I guarantee you, outside of the Auburn fanbase, at least 99% would easily chalk up Bama as the victor in a prediction thread. That is not what we refer to as a push. A push would be like Auburn - Ole Miss. Does that mean the game isn't going to be close or won't be come gametime? Not at all. But right now, in May, on paper and in the minds of people - the Bama game is NOT a push.

But if anyone wants to bet on the Bama game this year, that truly thinks it is a push, I will take them up on that bet. No odds, no nothing. Straight up. Any takers? I'll take Bama and hope I lose. But I'm pretty confident that nobody would be willing to take that. If it was August in 2007 and I offered straight up to take Appy State, I'm sure I'd have plenty of takers. Nobody will take Auburn. Pretty sure that means it is not a push if I can't get any brave souls to take Auburn. Because pushes go both ways.

Im with you on this. I will take Bama and pray to God I lose. :puke: After UAs past 2 recruiting class compaired to ours, the only "push" I see is fans pushing themselves straight to the exits.

PC, you mention that some chalked UGA as a L and Bama as a push or even a "W", I have it UGA = L and Bama = L Look at what Bama has returning on Defense and UGA may have lost Stafford and Mereno, but Mereno's backup aint too shabby and they maintained stability amongst the coaching staff and with UA stealing Willis, their LB core will iimprove even more than last year.

Who is Codi? God, you'd think people would know our player's names after 2 years of play. But then again, after 10 years, some still can't spell Tuberville properly.

AUSlug, the Appy State game still wasn't a push in terms of predictions. A push means you could see the game go either way and wouldn't bet on it either way. I guarantee you that not even 0.0001% of the population predicted App State to win that game. I guarantee you not even 0.001% predicted it'd come down to the final play. I guarantee you not even 1% said the game would be a push. There is no such thing as a calling a "push" after the game has been played. Because the outcome is known. Pushes are for BEFORE the game. The App State game WAS NOT a push prior to the game. It still is not a push after the game. Because I don't think anybody would not bet Appy State knowing they won.

I guarantee you, outside of the Auburn fanbase, at least 99% would easily chalk up Bama as the victor in a prediction thread. That is what we refer to as a push. A push would be like Auburn - Ole Miss. Does that mean the game isn't going to be close or won't be come gametime? Not at all. But right now, in May, on paper and in the minds of people - the Bama game is NOT a push.

But if anyone wants to bet on the Bama game this year, that truly thinks it is a push, I will take them up on that bet. No odds, no nothing. Straight up. Any takers? I'll take Bama and hope I lose. But I'm pretty confident that nobody would be willing to take that. If it was August in 2007 and I offered straight up to take Appy State, I'm sure I'd have plenty of takers. Nobody will take Auburn. Pretty sure that means it is not a push if I can't get any brave souls to take Auburn. Because pushes go both ways.

There you go again, you must enjoy watching yourself type. I am not a gambling man, so good try. You try to hard sometimes.

Whats wrong with his response? as far as yours,,, nice response....

Bronco - I have no problem with folks thinking UGA and UA are both losses. Heck, I'm probably one of them.

I was pointing out the irony that some were chalking up a L as UGA, but then chalking up a W for Bama, which to me just made no sense given last years results and this years expectations for all teams involved. I mean it could definitely happen and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just saw it as "wow, if anything, shouldn't it be the other way around?"

I guess my point is - if someone would think UA is a W (or even a Push), which they are more than welcome to think (I disagree though), then I would expect that same person to predict a W for UGA. And if we can beat Bama, then you'd think we might be able to win 'em all (except when was the last time we won at LSU?).

I guarantee you, outside of the Auburn fanbase, at least 99% would easily chalk up Bama as the victor in a prediction thread. That is what we refer to as a push. A push would be like Auburn - Ole Miss. Does that mean the game isn't going to be close or won't be come gametime? Not at all. But right now, in May, on paper and in the minds of people - the Bama game is NOT a push.

There you go again, you must enjoy watching yourself type. I am not a gambling man, so good try. You try to hard sometimes.

Whats wrong with his response? as far as yours,,, nice response....

Nothing is wrong with his response, it is just typical PC. What is it to you anyway?

I feel like I did before the 2004 season...lots of talent couldn't quite get over the hump.....so based on that feeling I say we go undefeated!!!!!!!!!!!! :homer::au: WDE!!!!!!!!!! :cheer::cheer:

@BG - We have arguably upgraded at every coaching position - certainly WR, OC. This offense should go, assuming some one settles in at QB. Enough playmakers with significant experience are scattered across the field.

I have less worries about D and special teams. The safe bar is probably at 8 games with anything more exceeding and anything less falling short of expectations.

And a couple of quick thoughts about uat - 1) any one remembered what happened the last time they lost a high profile starting left tackle and running back to the draft? And it's a QB not a RB this time - even harder to replace. 2) One can never discount the success of senior QBs in the SEC - JPW was a big part of uat's success last year.

I think our largest issue is depth at key positions.

I think we will field a much better team this year, but I can't say who they will beat. I just know it won't be as ugly as it was last year. I doubt Miss St will end with a field goal and a safety.

I will say 9-4 or 10-3 including a bowl if we don't get the injury bug. If we lose starters on the OL or DL then 8-5 or 7-6 si more realistic.

9-4 overall. We beat UAT, UGA, and win the bowl game. We lose to LSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and slip up v/s one of the others. As the year winds down, barring injuries....this team will begin to roar once again.

@BG - We have arguably upgraded at every coaching position - certainly WR, OC. This offense should go, assuming some one settles in at QB. Enough playmakers with significant experience are scattered across the field.

I have less worries about D and special teams. The safe bar is probably at 8 games with anything more exceeding and anything less falling short of expectations.

And a couple of quick thoughts about uat - 1) any one remembered what happened the last time they lost a high profile starting left tackle and running back to the draft? And it's a QB not a RB this time - even harder to replace. 2) One can never discount the success of senior QBs in the SEC - JPW was a big part of uat's success last year.

Agreed about your position coaches being better. But new coaches always leads to confusion early on. Even if better.

Your argument about left tackle and QB would fly for suggesting we prolly won't go 12-0 next year. But when using it as an argument as to why the AU/UA game should be considered, I'm not buying.

We would have beaten you without Andre or JPW last year. And your QB situation is just as unsettled, if not more, than ours. It's not as if we lost a senior and you're trotting one out there this year.

I hardly think using our dropoff from 1999 to 2000 as a barometer for some sort of projectable pattern for this season.

BG, the difference was last year we had 2 offensive coordinators and a ton of controversy. When we played you the team was demoralized from horrible outings week after week and the offense had no real heading. The replacement OC's were horrible. We were doomed when the staff abandoned most of Franklins offense and tried to do something new. Add injuries and you have a meltdown on your hands.

Oh yeah

36-0. That is what you call a meltdown. We didn't even really try to stop you. The team was done after losing their momentum against Georgia.

This year the team will have one voice, one OC, and a plan. If it doesn't work they won't give up on it.

Agreed about your position coaches being better. But new coaches always leads to confusion early on. Even if better.

Your argument about left tackle and QB would fly for suggesting we prolly won't go 12-0 next year. But when using it as an argument as to why the AU/UA game should be considered, I'm not buying.

We would have beaten you without Andre or JPW last year. And your QB situation is just as unsettled, if not more, than ours. It's not as if we lost a senior and you're trotting one out there this year.

I hardly think using our dropoff from 1999 to 2000 as a barometer for some sort of projectable pattern for this season.

Oh, I'm not saying bama should not be favored in a theoretical matchup at this point, I was just giving you some other thoughts to consider before you annoint them SEC West champs.

And I also agree with you that uat is probably more settled right now at QB position than we are. I view uat this year through the lense of how well they are able to run the ball and play defense. If uat does both well, they should be in good shape against the majority of their schedule. However, if McElroy is strapped with a Brodie Croyle-esque offense (think poor o-line), challenging times could be on the horizon.

BG, the difference was last year we had 2 offensive coordinators and a ton of controversy. When we played you the team was demoralized from horrible outings week after week and the offense had no real heading. The replacement OC's were horrible. We were doomed when the staff abandoned most of Franklins offense and tried to do something new. Add injuries and you have a meltdown on your hands.

Oh yeah

36-0. That is what you call a meltdown. We didn't even really try to stop you. The team was done after losing their momentum against Georgia.

This year the team will have one voice, one OC, and a plan. If it doesn't work they won't give up on it.

Pretty much how I feel.

I don't think our talent last year was as bad as the W-L record looked. IMO, we had a total collapse in coaching on the offensive side of the ball (including not knowing what talent to play at any given time), and the defense collapsed under the burden of having to do it all.

I don't think we are any worse in talent this year, maybe a little better if some of the new guys step up. With all the coaches being on the same page, I'm guessing between 8-5 and 10-3 (including a non-BCS bowl).

I don't expect UAT to get through the regular season undefeated this year, but they'll contend for the West berth in Atlanta. The Iron Bowl is too far away for me to guess right now...and it may be decided by morale by the end of the season. Certainly Auburn will have the revenge factor IN Auburn. Bama's morale could be determined by what, if anything, comes out of the NCAA rumors between now and the course of the season. (Even if nothing official is announced, if media speculation heats up, it could distract them.)

One thing that might be interesting at both schools (and I certainly don't say this wishing an injury on anyone!): a QB injury. Bama's pretty much settled on their #1, but Star Jackson still has some fans in his corner. Auburn's QB situation is totally up in the air. What if the QB that either starts the season with goes down, the #2 comes in, looks great, and proves he should have had the job from Day One?

I do think Malzahn will keep us in every game we play, but if we do any worse than 7-5 with Caudle, who is clearly a great QB, I will call for Chizik's head and write Jacobs again and beg him to give Turner Gill a second chance. I don't care about first year jitters, I'm tired of being irrelevant on a national scale. We have a very experienced OL and a great defense... I expect at least 8-4 out of '09 if Chizik is as good a gameday coach as most Auburn fans presume.

Be realistic here, guys. To find success, we need someone who can compete with Satan on and off the field. Winning recruiting battles won't be enough, we need a gameday leader who I believe is Chizik until convinced otherwise. So, considering where our team currently resides (and whether Caudle stays healthy), there is absolutely no reason to do any worse than 7-5.

Our roster is filled with 4* recruits, and the ones who aren't 4*'s, are players like Antonio Coleman. If you expect 7-5 or worse, then you have already forgotten about the incompetent BBQ boys, the Franklin debacle, and the QB situation of '08.

If you accept 7-5 and support Chizik afterward (with Caudle healthy throughout the season), then expect more 7-5's to come... 8-4 if he recruits well.

It all depends on your expectations. I expect to have national relevance, and for the Iron Bowl to be meaningful for a change.

War Damn Eagle :au:

My biggest worry is mainly depth across the board, I know we have a full roster but just still a little meh about it. If the running game can get back to past levels then I will be much encouraged.

Prediction: AU will not go bowling two years in a row...

But the coaches have already bought the shirts and everything...

Whomever gets the start, they will be the best QB. So I think your theory is pretty flawed.

what theory is that? Caudle has a better chance of turning a close loss into a win. Kodi won't because he can't pass the ball any better now than he could in 07 season.

I wanted Kodi to be a one man air and ground show, but it just hasn't panned out. Its time to find another role for him, because he can still make a contribution.

Thanks for the spell check, buddy! I owe you one!

I hope you are right Indy. However, I'm not sure this was the case last year, which may explain Freaks concern....Thankfully, we have new management. I believe this years starter will the best QB as well.

yeah... i guess i was just saying caudle's better... here's to victory! :cheer:

I do think Malzahn will keep us in every game we play, but if we do any worse than 7-5 with Caudle, who is clearly a great QBclearly, Really? After seeing him play decent at best against 2nd stringers, he is clearly a great QB?, I will call for Chizik's head and write Jacobs again and beg him to give Turner Gill a second chance.What would be the point of that? I can guarantee Turner Gill would not have gotten a staff like this together and would probably have a worse record this year than Chizik will I don't care about first year jitters, I'm tired of being irrelevant on a national scale. We have a very experienced OL3 guys with experience, 2 spots to fill and very thin, I wouldn't consider that a strength, would you? and a great defense...The defense should be good, but again we are thin at a key position LB, with a couple of key departures, although I do think the Defense can be better than last yearI expect at least 8-4 out of '09 if Chizik is as good a gameday coach as most Auburn fans presume.

Be realistic here, guys. To find success, we need someone who can compete with Satan on and off the field. Winning recruiting battles won't be enough, we need a gameday leader who I believe is Chizik until convinced otherwise. So, considering where our team currently resides (and whether Caudle stays healthy), there is absolutely no reason to do any worse than 7-5.I also think we should do no worse than 7-5, but I wouldn't put all of that on Caudle's shoulders, he has proved less than Burns at this point and I'm not ready to name him a great Qb like you are. We need to worry about our needs as a football team and not what Saban and Alabama are doing. If we go for the guys we want it shouldn't matter what they do. I'm tired of talking about Saban when this is a question about Auburn Football.

Our roster is filled with 4* recruits, and the ones who aren't 4*'s, are players like Antonio Coleman. If you expect 7-5 or worse, then you have already forgotten about the incompetent BBQ boys, the Franklin debacle, and the QB situation of '08.Our roster does have some good-to-great talent, but again we are thin at a few key positions and an injury or 2 can change the entire season. If we have 2 injuries on the OL I doubt we will come close to winning more than 7 games.

If you accept 7-5 and support Chizik afterward (with Caudle healthy throughout the season), then expect more 7-5's to come... 8-4 if he recruits well.I really don't get your love fest with Caudle after you saw one average spring game from him

It all depends on your expectations. I expect to have national relevance, and for the Iron Bowl to be meaningful for a change.Whether you believe it or not Auburn is relevant on a national stage, the Iron Bowl needs 2 good teams going into it to be relevant so we can only be a part of it

War Damn Eagle :au:

Archived