Seastrunk calls up, apologizes to Saban

Nay4AU

Seastrunk calls up, apologizes to Saban

Posted by Charles Goldberg -- Birmingham News June 04, 2009 8:27 PM

Categories: Football, Recruiting

What's up, Lache Seastrunk?

Something classy, cause the high school running back called Alabama coach Nick Saban and apologized for getting a little carried away at last weekend's Big Cat recruiting weekend in Auburn, according to our friends with this good story at AuburnSports.com.

He was caught on video saying, among other things, ``What's up Nick Saban?'' while generally having a good time talking up Auburn. The Saban part bothered Seastrunk.

"I called and apologized to him," Seastrunk told the website. "I wanted him to know I was sorry. I got caught up in the moment and Coach Saban understood that.

"That's not what I'm about. That's not what I stand for. I got caught up in the atmosphere, the environment, and did something I truly regret."

"I wasn't trying to call him out or anything, create any type of controversy and he didn't think I was. He was very receptive and very understanding. He is a really great guy.''

Seastrunk apologized to Saban privately.

``I also wanted to publicly apologize to Coach Saban," Seastrunk said. "That's not who I am, not who my mother raised me to be. I'm truly sorry for that.''

Seastrunk was in a good mood when we spotted him the day after the video, on Sunday. His mother was beaming about her son's recruiting trip. Her good influence was obvious then, and now.

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2009/06/seastr...s_to_saban.html

Listen to momma.

... and apologize to daddy.

;)

Papa was is a rollin' stone.

;)

Where ever he got his check, was his home. And when flies...

whining bammers will be left aloooone...

Listen to momma.

... and apologize to daddy.

;)

Papa was is a rollin' stone.

;)

Where ever he got his check, was his home. And when flies...

whining bammers will be left aloooone...

now that's just dang funny...coffee came out my nose.....rotflmao.

Personally I didn't think it was that big a deal...or needed apologizing..but I wasn't in his situation. Being an AU fan that hates Saban it's hard to look at it logically. The media has blown it WAY out of proportion and that's probably why he apologized..never expected it to catch on like that. Now the media (talk radio) is making it look like he is in love with Saban after talking to him...it gets really ridiculous around here....

Sounds like he is a good kid to me and he sounds like a guy I would like to play for us.

A little respect, even for people you don't like, goes a long way.

Good move on his part.

Personally I didn't think it was that big a deal...or needed apologizing..but I wasn't in his situation. Being an AU fan that hates Saban it's hard to look at it logically. The media has blown it WAY out of proportion and that's probably why he apologized..never expected it to catch on like that. Now the media (talk radio) is making it look like he is in love with Saban after talking to him...it gets really ridiculous around here....

I didn't think it was a big deal, either. But JOX and Finebaum do require topics and Nick Saban being called out by an Auburn prospect is something that they'll always jump on during the summer lull.

I guess it's nice that he apologized, but it wasn't necessary. It's not like he mugged into the camera and cursed him.

Young man makes, in public, an error in judgement by being caught up in the excitement of the moment. Apologies to the individual and to the public. Class act.

Who among us at that age didn't make statements that later we realized we shouldn't ... who among us now don't still do the same? I know I do, but often fail to make the appropriate follow up apology.

This is why Seastrunk's apology cares so much weight with me.

The little mayor of munchkinland/loserville has very weak character. Glad the kid called or he may have forced the entire "team" in west vance to eat icecream!

Archived