Lache Seastrunk

AcctTiger

Cant link this premium Rivals info....

But the "Hot Board" update on Seastrunk has this quote "No. 1 RB planning July decision."

Is this just a typo??? I thought he was going to make a decision at the Army All-Amercian game...then I heard maybe September....now July??? If it is a July commit then things look really good for him to AU.

Wow! There is supposed to be the big event in July according to CCL. This would just be one hell of a momentum swing for auburn if the coaches got Dyer and Seastrunk to both announce on the same day in July. I am not saying it is going to happen, but if Luper was really serious about making a statement in July that would be one way to do it. Guess we just have to play the waiting game right now. WDE!

I wonder if Seastrunk and Dyer know each other? Our coaches should be working on building that relationship.

Still a long time til signing day. I have to keep telling myself that....However, that also means there is a lot of time for O Lineman to become interested.

:AUBig:

IF it happens, it will be fun to watch him drop to a 3 star after being "re-evaluated"

If there is a big event for AU in July and there is truth to Seastrunk saying he'd announce his decision in July, it seems too coincidental to not work in our favor. Getting a commit from Seastrunk would be huge. IF we can swing Lattimore into coming to play with him they would generate as much, if not more, excitment with recruits than any of our events and tricks.

To many high school kids, college football is viewed as a potential stepping stone to the NCAA. You can be the best lineman in the world, if you don't have a great running back behind you no one is going to pay attention to what you do. We need to get some playmakers in the backfield from this class and the lineman will come.

You can be the best lineman in the world, if you don't have a great running back behind you no one is going to pay attention to what you do.

C'mon, you're giving WAY too little credit to NFL scouts. I cant tell you off the top of my head who the RB at Baylor or Virginia were but Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe went pretty damn high in this past NFL draft.

You can be the best lineman in the world, if you don't have a great running back behind you no one is going to pay attention to what you do.

C'mon, you're giving WAY too little credit to NFL scouts. I cant tell you off the top of my head who the RB at Baylor or Virginia were but Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe went pretty damn high in this past NFL draft.

There are exceptions to every "rule" and yes, I realize that. So, replace the "no one will pay attention..." sentence with "it is easier for an offensive lineman to get noticed if they have a solid running back behind them."

And by the way, Baylor as a team rushed for 2300+ last year, two backs ran for 800+ and they had a 5 YPC average. I have my doubts all of that success can be attributed to Jason Smith.

There are exceptions to every "rule" and yes, I realize that. So, replace the "no one will pay attention..." sentence with "it is easier for an offensive lineman to get noticed if they have a solid running back behind them."

And by the way, Baylor as a team rushed for 2300+ last year, two backs ran for 800+ and they had a 5 YPC average. I have my doubts all of that success can be attributed to Jason Smith.

I know what you're saying, just pointing out that while getting a Top RB or QB will help recruit other positions, when it comes to actually playing the game scouts can decipher how good you are for the most part regardless of how good your team's RB is (for example). Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was a first round pick out of Tennessee State.

Yeah, agree with Meta. But meta don't you think Glen Coffee looked at who he had coming back this year and that played a big role in him jumping?

IF we can swing Lattimore into coming to play with him they would generate as much, if not more, excitment with recruits than any of our events and tricks.

Lattimore is out of reach IMO. He's said some nice things but I think he's been tooting his horn a lot this summer. Out of the Top 3 RB's thats the one I feel least confident about. If you want to go off of rumors it appears that we've locked in both Seastrunk and Dyer. Even one of those two would be a huge get.

IF we can swing Lattimore into coming to play with him

If Auburn feels really good about their situation with Dyer, do you think they keep pursuing Lattimore? If they feel good about Lattimore, why are they pursuing Dyer so hard? Lache and Latti have expressed interest in playing together. Does Lache feel the same way about playing with Dyer? I'm not sure the two have ever met. Dyer wasn't a Big Cat attendee. Latti was.

Like I said earlier, the coaches need to be building a relationship between Lache and Dyer. I'm sure they would become friends. And, IMO, a Lache/Dyer duo would be amazing.

Also, no way we land Trovon Reed if we don't land Lache Seastrunk.

Yeah, agree with Meta. But meta don't you think Glen Coffee looked at who he had coming back this year and that played a big role in him jumping?

That and his little side business he had in school made his decision easier I suspect.

The latest "recruiting winds" have Lattimore and Fortt singing praise to PSU...

I agree, that of the three, ML is the least likely. And it is just about impossible to overstate how huge getting the other two would be.

The latest "recruiting winds" have Lattimore and Fortt singing praise to PSU...

I agree, that of the three, ML is the least likely. And it is just about impossible to overstate how huge getting the other two would be.

Lattimore is the kid who has a new "leader" almost every time he visits a school. South Carolina, FSU, and Georgia all "led" for him at one point early. If I had to guess I'd say he ends up at South Carolina or FSU.

Fortt was considered a PSU lean well before he visited Auburn. As of now Fortt to Auburn is a pipe dream, PSU definitely leads there.

I agree Meta. I think we are fortunate indeed to get Seastrunk. If he comes, then I think we have a more than even chance to get Reed. I agree that Lattimore seems fluid with his comments but we could end up getting him as well. I don't think we end up with Dyer, Lattimore and Seastrunk. Any of these might open the flood gates of OL which we need badly. The future looks like it might be bright.

IF it happens, it will be fun to watch him drop to a 3 star after being "re-evaluated"

Yeah I know, its odd how this happens all the time to Auburn commits. Just like Benton last year, from a 5 star with pictures to a sleeper???? Rivals=proBAMA :no:

Anyways. It would be great to see a National Commit to Auburn Day!!!!

War Eagle! :au:

Just like Benton last year, from a 5 star with pictures to a sleeper???? Rivals=proBAMA :no:

That was the right move. What happened was that when he committed they just linked it to his profile from the '08 class when he was a 5-star. Since he sat out the entire season and didn't play a single game they had to make a new profile, which under their guidelines gives him a highest possible ranking of 5.8 4-star. They did the same thing with another kid, we didn't get "screwed over."

The "Rivals screws us over" thing is overplayed big time.

Just like Benton last year, from a 5 star with pictures to a sleeper???? Rivals=proBAMA :no:

That was the right move. What happened was that when he committed they just linked it to his profile from the '08 class when he was a 5-star. Since he sat out the entire season and didn't play a single game they had to make a new profile, which under their guidelines gives him a highest possible ranking of 5.8 4-star. They did the same thing with another kid, we didn't get "screwed over."

It could be either way really. Would you drop Michael Vick down to a 4 star player after the jail time?

It could be either way really. Would you drop Michael Vick down to a 4 star player after the jail time?

Yeah, I would.

Its very reasonable. Recruiting rankings are based on what you see today...when a kid sits out an entire season its kind of hard to let him keep the same ranking he held before.

How about if a prospect is rated as a 5.4, two star, last year, his senior year, but prospect then he has to stay back in High School the next year, but he can't compete in any games or camps because he is too old? Should, said prospect, get bumped up to a 5.8, four star & #29 player at his position?

but he can't compete in any games or camps because he is too old?

I'm pretty sure that as long as a camp isn't sanctioned by AHSAA, he can't be "too old" to attend unless the camp itself sets an age limit? Could somebody with a better understanding on that correct me if I am wrong? Any of the camps UA, AU, etc holds will take anybody as long as you pay the fee and do all of the registration I thought? By the way, for your theory to work, you will also have to implicate Scout in the conspiracy as well. They have him ranked as a 4* and #1 FB in the country and he is #4 on Scout's Class of 2010 Alabama Top 50.

http://recruiting.scout.com/3/2010_Alabama.html

Interesting, they have alot of our commits as some of the top players in the state. Scout is in on it too!

How about if a prospect is rated as a 5.4, two star, last year, his senior year, but prospect then he has to stay back in High School the next year, but he can't compete in any games or camps because he is too old? Should, said prospect, get bumped up to a 5.8, four star & #29 player at his position?

The way I understand it, grade changes are worth at least 2 points on the Rivals rating system.

Archived