Question for Metafour

l1tay2

Metafour...what are our chances with these three and do you honestly think we get them. I know its early

in the game but what would be your guess?

Not metafour but i'll give you my opinion.

Seastrunk - 99.9%

Dyer - 80%

Grant - 33%

Seastrunk - 99.9%

Dyer - 80%

Grant - 33%

You think Grant ends up at Bama??

I really like our chances with Dyer...it seems we were in on him and early and he has said that we have always been his favorite.

Seastrunk - 99.9%

Dyer - 80%

Grant - 33%

I really like our chances with Dyer...it seems we were in on him and early and he has said that we have always been his favorite.

if i had to pick a favorite for him it would probably be the Gators. Saban has never been one to use small RBs. but i honestly think it's a tossup between the three.

FWIW I'm still skeptical on getting both Seastrunk and Dyer (or any combination of top 3 RBs). That just doesn't happen often. The problem lies with negative recruiting once one commits...no one wants to be the "sidekick" and then you get the family pressured into pushing the kid elsewhere where he can be "the man."

Who would be your pick of the group? They are all good but I really see Dyer fitting in at AU the best - a very solid back IMO. Although, no doubt Malzahn could turn Seastrunk into a human highlight reel too.

FWIW I'm still skeptical on getting both Seastrunk and Dyer (or any combination of top 3 RBs). That just doesn't happen often. The problem lies with negative recruiting once one commits...no one wants to be the "sidekick" and then you get the family pressured into pushing the kid elsewhere where he can be "the man."

you're right my friend. what UT did last year with Oku and Brown is the exception not the rule. remember 07' when we lead for all three but had to pick between J. Dwyer, Enrique and C. King?

you're right my friend. what UT did last year with Oku and Brown is the exception not the rule. remember 07' when we lead for all three but had to pick between J. Dwyer, Enrique and C. King?

I would go with seastrunk. He is electric. Gamechanger.

So far I would say Dyer has done the best. CK may end up making Jawja people forget about KM.

Which one or ones would fit Malzahn's system the best? Who would CGM want most?

If Seastrunk really has been recruiting OL for us, I've got to give him some points for attitude and team spirit. And he seemed to be pretty excited about the prospect of him and Lattimore being here together during Big Cat Weekend, so I don't think he has a problem sharing the stage.

Seastrunk - 99.9%

Dyer - 80%

Grant - 33%

if i had to pick a favorite for him it would probably be the Gators. Saban has never been one to use small RBs. but i honestly think it's a tossup between the three.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I would welcome Grant in a heartbeat. However, I'm sure he can see how things will turn out depth/talent wise at Alabama. I think he will be a Gator with Alabama second.

Seastrunk - 99.9%

Dyer - 80%

Grant - 33%

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I would welcome Grant in a heartbeat. However, I'm sure he can see how things will turn out depth/talent wise at Alabama. I think he will be a Gator with Alabama second.

If someone is worried about depth or talent I really don't think they would snub alabama for Florida. They have more talent at every position almost.

Seastrunk - 99.9%

Dyer - 80%

Grant - 33%

If someone is worried about depth or talent I really don't think they would snub alabama for Florida. They have more talent at every position almost.

Other than Rainey and maybe Demps, UF really doesn't have much at RB. Now at most other positions, I'm in agreeance. They do not have a RB committed in this class (yet), and have taken only one RB in each of the past two classes. They're not exactly loaded up there or anything. Really, UA isn't really overly loaded there either. Now, had Coffee stayed, and we still brought in the guys we did, I would probably have an air-tight argument on that one.

Our primary guys this season are going to be Ingram and Richardson, a sophomore and a freshman. Marrow may fit into there somewhere as a FB or short yardage RB type scenario. I highly doubt Eddie Lacy qualifies (which would mean hopefully he would be here for 2010). We have already picked up a commit in Jalston Fowler for the 2010 class. Matchett and Preyear are out of their redshirts this season, and we still have Upchurch and Grant (unless he leaves for medical hardship) for change of pace backs. Baron Huber figures in somewhere as well. Then you have Demetrius Goode and Jermaine Griffin who, in my opinion, could probably be trimmed from the roster.

While the upside at UA is CNS has no problems letting a freshman play RB, the downside is there is a good bit of young talent already there. Think about it; the guys that will make the impact this season are true freshman, redshirt freshmen, and a sophomore. Its the guys on the outside that are looking in.

Bottomline-----Florida will repeat as SEC champs and bama will end another year as wannabee and saying wait until next year.

Archived