July 18th???

l1tay2

I have read a few forum post from other sites saying Trooper Taylor was quoted on Sports Call saying Auburn fans don't need to go buy fireworks cause this next BIG upcoming weekend WILL be the fireworks. Rumors of 12 of the top players in the nation committing to AU on that weekend. Does anybody have any credible source that would back this up??

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I'm excited too. I'm hoping it's this weekend.

I've been hearing positive information concerning about Corey Grant. Rumor Mill: He's commiting this weekend! :au:

Honestly, I'm excited too. I'm hoping it's this weekend.

I've been hearing positive information concerning about Corey Grant. Rumor Mill: He's commiting this weekend! :au:

Thats great news if true. I think if Grant comes on board, it will start the domino effect.

Grant was in Auburn for another unofficial visit yesterday.

I feel like if he's still visiting(and not just for lemonade) then we're still really in it with him. I don't think he'd still be showing so much interest if he were about to commit to Fla or bama like I've heard many people say recently.

I think the big weekend will be the 17-18th. I think that's the next weekend we'll have a good bit of big names coming. CTT also said it might be later in July as well. I could be wrong though. Could be this weekend.

I have read a few forum post from other sites saying Trooper Taylor was quoted on Sports Call saying Auburn fans don't need to go buy fireworks cause this next BIG upcoming weekend WILL be the fireworks. Rumors of 12 of the top players in the nation committing to AU on that weekend. Does anybody have any credible source that would back this up??

I would be cautious about this. If it was seen on ITAT, it was a copy/paste of a post on an Alabama message board. That post on the Alabama board has subsequently been deleted. I'm not sure whether Taylor was actually on SportsCall or not. But anything other than "Trooper Taylor was on sports call" was information the poster had supposedly gleaned from his "sources in the Auburn AD". Sounds like one of those setting you guys up things.

Yea, there are no way we are getting 12 commitments or anything like that. 3 or 4 maybe, but I doubt that happens this weekend.

I am just trying to sit back and enjoy whatever happens whenever it happens. Otherwise, like thinking Alabama is going to lose Saban or be given harsh penalties, you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I would be cautious about this. If it was seen on ITAT, it was a copy/paste of a post on an Alabama message board. That post on the Alabama board has subsequently been deleted. I'm not sure whether Taylor was actually on SportsCall or not. But anything other than "Trooper Taylor was on sports call" was information the poster had supposedly gleaned from his "sources in the Auburn AD". Sounds like one of those setting you guys up things.

Trooper Taylor WAS on Sportscall. He did mention a "BIG" holiday weekend. He did not make any indications as to what that meant. I know this, because I heard the hosts on the show talking about his comments after he left. I missed the interview.

My guess is that we'll get a commitment that weekend.

12 of the top players? Color me skeptical.

Trooper Taylor WAS on Sportscall. He did mention a "BIG" holiday weekend. He did not make any indications as to what that meant. I know this, because I heard the hosts on the show talking about his comments after he left. I missed the interview.

I say Dyer is the big commitment we get first.

Yea, there are no way we are getting 12 commitments or anything like that. 3 or 4 maybe, but I doubt that happens this weekend.

I am just trying to sit back and enjoy whatever happens whenever it happens. Otherwise, like thinking Alabama is going to lose Saban or be given harsh penalties, you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Like I said, wasn't sure whether he actually was or not. But all of the other stuff was according to his "sources in the Auburn AD", and thats where I was a little skeptical myself. I mean if its true, more power to you guys. Just seems like something that was put out as bait I think, especially considering some things the poster was saying the other week.

I'm sorry, but do you have a link that proves that you were listening to SportsCall?

Hey Chicken Little, hopefully one day you will get laid. Then maybe you can pull you head out of your ass.....

Hey Chicken Little, hopefully one day you will get laid. Then maybe you can pull you head out of your ass.....

That is going to be an awfully akward lay with his head up his ass.

That is going to be an awfully akward lay with his head up his ass.

Yeah... where is his boyfriend going to put it.... :o:o

Just read on another Auburn board that July 17th is when you can start expecting news to happen.

Also, as a side note: isn't Seastrunk coming in that weekend for camp?

:banghead:

Haha. I figured someone would do that. I have no idea if he is or isn't. All I know is that the next "big weekend" is supposed to be the 18th, not this weekend, and like they did with the "Big Cat" all the info will be released on Friday the 17th. This comes from a guy I know who has been pretty spot on with his info regarding recruiting this year.

Now, will it "even the score with 'Bama" like people are claiming that it will? Probably not. It's a long way to signing day, and the more important score that needs to be evened comes before signing day in November.

Haha. I figured someone would do that. I have no idea if he is or isn't. All I know is that the next "big weekend" is supposed to be the 18th, not this weekend, and like they did with the "Big Cat" all the info will be released on Friday the 17th. This comes from a guy I know who has been pretty spot on with his info regarding recruiting this year.

Now, will it "even the score with 'Bama" like people are claiming that it will? Probably not. It's a long way to signing day, and the more important score that needs to be evened comes before signing day in November.

I have a question, I realize it is really early in the recruiting process......so let's say Auburn has a very sucessful season and the Auburn offense looks great...If CGM turns the offense around from what it looked like last year to looking halfway good.....How many people believes that CGM will still be around...I think he gets a good look for a head coach somewhere...So, how many of our recruits will remain committed when, and if he leaves???? Don't get me wrong, I love recruiting, I love seeing our name out there, but when we lose a offenive Coordinator, I think that will hurt......

That's a scary thought, but I agree. The ideal is to have some stability for at least 4-5 years so you can build relationships with t he high school coaches and players. However, over the years I've frequently seen that coaches who stay too long and get lazy and apathetic will drag a program down. Normally, you'd like to have a core bunch of coaches (not as many as the BBQ boys) and bring in a fresh coach or two every 4-5 years depending upon how things go. It's human nature to relax a little when things are going really good and have gone good for a while. There's an old saying that coaches lose 10% of their support each year and if that's true, then the ideal life of a coach would be about 10 years. Ironically, many times that's pretty much true. I'd hope we can keep this bunch of coaches for at least 5 years. JMO

The reason I posted that emoticon is because beyond Taylor being on SportsCall, the rest was fabricated by a poster on an Alabama board, more specifically TideSports. He said he heard Taylor on SportsCall and that he pointed to a big event in July, but every bit of the details were fabricated by the Alabama poster. He did it so the rumor of 12 commits, etc etc would whirl around AU message boards and you guys would pound your chests to everybody that will listen, and then when it didn't come true we could laugh at you guys. Trying to help you out here.....I don't like it when AU fans post BS rumors and stuff about Alabama, and I don't like it when my own fanbase does it either.

After the first Big Cat Weekend the AU staff had pointed to a similar event that would take place in July, so the poster was simply building on that. Big red flag is an Alabama poster having connections deep in the Auburn AD. Again, beyond hearing Taylor on SportsCall, the original poster of that story fabricated it.

Big red flag is an Alabama poster having connections deep in the Auburn AD.

Agreed. I mean, don't forget, it's only Auburn fans that have connections with their rival team. We don't. We can't glean any info out of the Auburn family!

Big red flag is an Alabama poster having connections deep in the Auburn AD.

Agreed. I mean, don't forget, it's only Auburn fans that have connections with their rival team. We don't. We can't glean any info out of the Auburn family!

Guys, have fun. Your bubble will be burst soon enough.

The reason I posted that emoticon is because beyond Taylor being on SportsCall, the rest was fabricated by a poster on an Alabama board, more specifically TideSports. He said he heard Taylor on SportsCall and that he pointed to a big event in July, but every bit of the details were fabricated by the Alabama poster. He did it so the rumor of 12 commits, etc etc would whirl around AU message boards and you guys would pound your chests to everybody that will listen, and then when it didn't come true we could laugh at you guys. Trying to help you out here.....I don't like it when AU fans post BS rumors and stuff about Alabama, and I don't like it when my own fanbase does it either.

After the first Big Cat Weekend the AU staff had pointed to a similar event that would take place in July, so the poster was simply building on that. Big red flag is an Alabama poster having connections deep in the Auburn AD. Again, beyond hearing Taylor on SportsCall, the original poster of that story fabricated it.

I wasn't even referring to that message that was mentioned ealier. My info is coming from a guy who knew about Big Cat about a week before it happened, knew about Richardson's commit before it happened, and also has been very well connected with recruiting. All he's said was wait till the 17th of July. So that's what I'm going with. The other stuff is just people building off of that on other message boards.

Besides, if you were hearing some of the other rumors going on about this, you wouldn't believe them.

Besides, if you were hearing some of the other rumors going on about this, you wouldn't believe them.

Of course I wouldn't, most of the rumors are being started by our fanbase so we can laugh at you guys at a later date. I think the secondary rumors are just a spin-off of the first rumor by others so they can make it look like they have "connections". The Alabama fan that fabricated the original rumor is even over on TigerDroppings pumping it up after an AU fan copied/pasted his rumor that was copied/pasted to ITAT.

Archived