July 18th???

l1tay2

Here is the bammer homer that started most of this 12 recruits and that it would be this weekend. I really hate that they allow such ignorant people to blog so the public can read them.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/210391-...cret-in-the-sec

Thanks it's been a while since I clicked on a link to anything written by a Bammer Bozo, now I vividly remember why I stopped.

Curious.

Since both of you don't like the content, why don't you write something for the site?

It's easy to sit back and criticize. Now, you have the opportunity to do something about it.

Since I have member been to the site and am not a member there, why would they want me to write something for them?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious.

Since both of you don't like the content, why don't you write something for the site?

It's easy to sit back and criticize. Now, you have the opportunity to do something about it.

Waste time writing something for a site infested with bamzos? You're quite the humorist, aren't you?

Earlier I named five names I thought would commit on the weekend of July 18th. Some major things are changing, IMO, that will knock one of the names off the list for sure.

Apparently uat is about to offer DJ Howard as a running back, which I never in a million years thought they would do. He grew up a uat fan and will most likely commit on the spot if he gets the offer to carry the rock.

In other news, I have to think if they do offer Howard, it's because they know they have missed out on Grant, who is the last big name running back they have a legit shot with.

I hate hate hate to miss out on Howard... but Grant isn't a bad consolation prize at all, if the cookie actually crumbles that way.

We shall see...

I hate hate hate to miss out on Howard... but Grant isn't a bad consolation prize at all, if the cookie actually crumbles that way.

We shall see...

Can only sign so many RBs. If we land one of Seastrunk/Dyer and Grant, you'll have no complaints from me... Grant may be a better prospect than Howard... IMHO

Hoping we'll get a Dyer or Grant announcement next weekend.

We shall see...

Can only sign so many RBs. If we land one of Seastrunk/Dyer and Grant, you'll have no complaints from me... Grant may be a better prospect than Howard... IMHO

AU was looking at Howard as a safety, I believe.

We shall see...

AU was looking at Howard as a safety, I believe.

That's correct. And if uat offers him, it'll be as a RB.

Hearing that Bonomolo did commit today, but it will probably not be made public until next weekend. This confirms (to me at least) the the info that I posted earlier IS correct. Hearing now that the total number of commits could be up to 8... depending on who attends. Keep your fingers crossed.

Hearing that Bonomolo did commit today, but it will probably not be made public until next weekend. This confirms (to me at least) the the info that I posted earlier IS correct. Hearing now that the total number of commits could be up to 8... depending on who attends. Keep your fingers crossed.

I feel that Safety Tres Houston will receive an Auburn offer and he'll commit on the spot with Demetruce McNeal next weekend. Of course, I could be wrong. But, with DJ Howard now starting to hesitate on where he'll be playing, that opens a spot for the Safety position....Because, if I remember correctly, I'd heard that Auburn was going to only sign 2 or 3 Safeties.

FYI, the guy that came up with this whole thing has posted the following on TideSports in a thread titled ***The truth about Auburn Stars and Stripes Weekend***:

Fact: Trooper Taylor really was on Sports Call in June and he really did say July would be a big month in recruiting for Auburn and he really did say they would have a recruiting event even bigger than Tiger Prowl or Big Cat Weekend and he really did tell Auburn fans not to spend money on fireworks because his recruiting event would be the fireworks. July 18th really is supposed to be a big recruiting weekend for Auburn. Many recruits really are visiting that weekend and Auburn really is having a "senior elite mini-camp" on the 18th also. Auburn fans believe they will get multiple commitments on that weekend, including possibly some of the higher rated recruits they have been going after. They could, in fact, land several four and five star recruits on this weekend.

Fiction: Regarding the name and concept of "Stars and Stripes Weekend", I borrowed it from reading an old thread on an Auburn board discussing what the name of the next recruiting event should be. Regarding the number of silent commits that would be made public that weekend (12), I borrowed that from a delusional Barner who was commenting on an al.com article. Some other poster on here threw in the stuff about 2 of the 12 being decommits from Bama and I don't think he was serious.

Soooo, however you guys want to read that....

FYI, the guy that came up with this whole thing has posted the following on TideSports in a thread titled ***The truth about Auburn Stars and Stripes Weekend***:

The guy admits he was lying, and now we're supposed to care what he writes this time? Why did you waste space with this crap? It's not like anybody with any sense paid attention to him.

The guy admits he was lying, and now we're supposed to care what he writes this time? Why did you waste space with this crap? It's not like anybody with any sense paid attention to him.

Sorry, wasn't aware that the AUN servers were in a space crunch and my 800 bytes or so of text is going to gum it up. This was the first he has admitted he was lying about it, he had maintained up until this point that it was true. Simply posting to reinforce my original point that you guys probably shouldn't listen to what he said.

I guess Auburn didn't have the big weekend some thought they might have had this weekend. Hope nobody was majorly disappointed.

I say we just let things pan out and see what goes on. If something happens - enjoy it. Quit trying to predict something "big."

I guess Auburn didn't have the big weekend some thought they might have had this weekend. Hope nobody was majorly disappointed.

I say we just let things pan out and see what goes on. If something happens - enjoy it. Quit trying to predict something "big."

I tried telling folks the majority of it was made up by an Alabama fan, but then I get turned into the jerk for actually telling you guys not to bite the bait. I don't like it when AU fans make up total bullcrap, and I certainly don't like it when my fanbase does the same.

Funny, I went back and re-read this thread and all but 2 or 3 folks were keeping things pretty well in check, thinking that it looked like something big was happening this weekend and that we might pick up 3-5 commits out of it. I'm not sure where all this self-congratulatory backslapping is coming from.

Two points:

1) By almost every account, this was a wildly successful camp for AU. 300+ showed up when only 150 were expected. We got a Safety commit who was near the top of our board (probably only behind Jarrick Williams and Ogletree). Made another highly rated Safety from Texas more than think twice about his recruitment. Will very likely get a huge OT commit tomorrow (who was it that has been griping about the lack of linemen?). Continue to get good news (and may have sealed the deal) on Owens and even heard some positive things from Moseley. And Dyer who we lead for will be visiting Tuesday. Not to mention, despite not even being in town this weekend, we are still in very good shape with Seastrunk AND Reed.

2) As Luper told Rivals, the summer is not over yet. Another event is still in the works.

Two points:

1) By almost every account, this was a wildly successful camp for AU. 300+ showed up when only 150 were expected. We got a Safety commit who was near the top of our board (probably only behind Jarrick Williams and Ogletree). Made another highly rated Safety from Texas more than think twice about his recruitment. Will very likely get a huge OT commit tomorrow (who was it that has been griping about the lack of linemen?). Continue to get good news (and may have sealed the deal) on Owens and even heard some positive things from Moseley. And Dyer who we lead for will be visiting Tuesday. Not to mention, despite not even being in town this weekend, we are still in very good shape with Seastrunk AND Reed.

2) As Luper told Rivals, the summer is not over yet. Another event is still in the works.

I think these gimmicky "events" are actually having a negative effect on AU. Seems like you guys would be doing a little better by just having camps and offering players. These kids read alot of the stuff on these sites and see the desparation and wacky attempts to lure kids down there. Who is behind this junk? Is this the Luper and Trooper travelling sideshow or is someone else the mastermind of the "house-cat prowl on the plains"?

Two points:

I think these gimmicky "events" are actually having a negative effect on AU. Seems like you guys would be doing a little better by just having camps and offering players. These kids read alot of the stuff on these sites and see the desparation and wacky attempts to lure kids down there. Who is behind this junk? Is this the Luper and Trooper travelling sideshow or is someone else the mastermind of the "house-cat prowl on the plains"?

bammer opinion is neither relevant nor accurate here. I think we're doing just fine and the only people that seem to think it's a problem are bammers. The kids seem to enjoy it.

I guess I just don't think the childish recruiting games fit with the hardnose, old school, bring a lunch kind of program that I thought Auburn was all about. You guys have surpassed UT for the clowns of the recruiting world. I just think it is sad that you guys are going against the only thing I liked about your football program. I'm sure some AU old-timers feel the same way I do.

I agree with Titan. Almost all the negatives I hear (well aside from that bamzadouche Pchamp) are from Bammers. I think when FEBRUARY comes. Auburn will of signed a fine class. Untill then, it's all just internet fodder anyway.

I guess I just don't think the childish recruiting games fit with the hardnose, old school, bring a lunch kind of program that I thought Auburn was all about. You guys have surpassed UT for the clowns of the recruiting world. I just think it is sad that you guys are going against the only thing I liked about your football program. I'm sure some AU old-timers feel the same way I do.

Again, not so much caring about what you think or what you like about Auburn. Now, move on and confine your snide remarks to the Woodshed. We're not interested in your pot-stirring.

Bam Bam, it's irrelevant whether you believe AU is simply not an "old school" hard nosed type of team anymore because they're doing some things out of the norm. What these coaches are doing is fine for many of us AU fans. I don't particularly care if a Bama fan thinks less of AU because he doesn't like what he's seeing on our campus. The fact is, AU is getting looks from some highly rated kids, many of which Tommy would have never even thought of going after in the past. He would've conceded that battle before it even began. Not sure how that makes AU a clown school, but what you think about AU's recruiting effort makes no difference to this AU fan. We have no guarantees that ANY of them will end up coming to AU, so it may not work out and maybe the joke ends up being on us. Based on what I'm seeing, I'm betting otherwise. I doubt any of the old timers will be barking if AU gets even a few of the bigger targets they are pursuing, but I'm betting you'll still be barking about how bad we suck regardless.

Don't go away mad. Just go away.

Well, I went 3/5 on my predictions. Hurt that Dyer delayed his visit until tomorrow. I expect he and Dakota to commit soon. Not sure what happened with Adams... called someone about him and haven't heard back. Hopefully him not committing means we feel really good about some guys we have higher.

Turns out Bama didn't offer DJ as a RB (obviously), but they also sewed up Corey Grant, so maybe that's why. Either way, I'd be happy to have either of them.

The bamzos howl when they are scared. The "Trooper/Luper Show" makes them howl, therefore they are scared. Keep up the great work, Trooper/Luper!

No one here gives a s*** what you think. Do us a favor and quit posting on this site.

I guess I just find this year sort of like last year for Bama. Last year all the talk was Auburn with our quick 20 something 3 star committments while the big guys kept talking about Bama but in most cases hadn't committed yet. I think and I hope this year will turn out to be that kind of situation for us, we're the top name of some really big fish, and most big fishes don't bite too quick, but I think and hope we'll pull in a great class come February.

Note for the Overly Self-Conscious Bammers- I'm not saying Bama won't have a great recruiting class, they probably will, but Auburn's going to start having them too the way things are looking and that's not a bad thing. Lets get the West back to being Alabama-Auburn every year and make the Iron Bowl something worth talking about.

Archived