Bobby Cox

AU-Dave

Sad because he's staying another year??????

I can't think of any reason for him to stay another year other than personal fulfillment of some sort. The Braves need a huge breath of fresh air in the managerial department.

TOP OF THE HEAP

Mangers with the most wins in baseball history:ManagerWinsWin %

1. Connie Mack 3731 .486

2. John McGraw2763 .586

*3. Tony La Russa 2550 .536

*4. Bobby Cox 2408 .556

*5. Joe Torre 2242 .540

* = active through Sept. 22, 2009

Sad to see him go.

Sad because he's staying another year??????

I can't think of any reason for him to stay another year other than personal fulfillment of some sort. The Braves need a huge breath of fresh air in the managerial department.

That and in the whole organization needs some new faces. I seriously have a hard time rooting for Braves when each and every year, they have new players. They go through players like toilet paper, its hard to get wins when your constantly shuffling players in and out year after year,

They traded off Mark Teixeira and they traded off Jeff Francoeur. The Braves are being too cheap. Its one thing to spend money like the Yankees and Red Sox but the Braves aren't even trying to spend money and get good players. The Braves are trying to re-create the 90's with all these young players. Sorry it's not gonna happen.

I'd like to see Bobby Cox stay but I think he realizes the Braves aren't going to get any better than chasing the Wild Card spot year after year. Sorry to go off on a rant...

Make that 2 games. And they have six to play, four against the Nats.

And crazy enough, there's still a slim shot at the division...they just pulled to within 4 of the Phillies.

Frankly, the vast majority of the Braves problems the last few years have not been managerial. It's been an ownership that steadily declined the payroll and didn't keep key players, traded away good prospects for busts and so on. Time Warner and whoever owns them now just doesn't love the team the way Turner did.

You can't help but be proud of this teams fight the last few weeks. If they were to slip into the playoffs, they would be a tough out. They are playing great right now.

TOP OF THE HEAP

Mangers with the most wins in baseball history:ManagerWinsWin %

1. Connie Mack 3731 .486

2. John McGraw2763 .586

*3. Tony La Russa 2550 .536

*4. Bobby Cox 2408 .556

*5. Joe Torre 2242 .540

* = active through Sept. 22, 2009

Sad to see him go.

I will be a little sad to see him go because he has been around for so long and is such a big part of Braves history.

I love the guy and think Bobby Cox has earned the right to go out when he wants, but I also think that it is time for something different. Best case scenario is we win the division next year and Bobby rides off into the sunset.

I hope he can make one last run. He's been great for the Braves.

Archived