Jadeveon Clowney

RunInRed

I'll say this about SoCar, they do a good job of keeping their top talent in state (see Marcus Lattimore)...

Hearing Alabama has slowed on their recruitment of DE Jadeveon Clowney. South Carolina ties are too heavy w/ the #1 player in the nation.

http://www.Twitter.com/ThaRinger

JADEVEONCLOWNEY12_11150.JPG

Jadeveon Clowney, DE

Rock Hill, South Carolina

6'6 / 247 / 46

If you remember, Clowney had the bammers all in a tizzy after a visit to tuscaloosa. Most think Clowney will end up staying in state. We'll see...

They did not keep John Fulton in-state..

No, but the kept Victor Hampton who many think is as good or better. In 2009 they all but shutdown the state. Of course, in 2008 they let AJ Greene slip out of state. So it's a bit of back and forth. What's your folks saying about Clowney's likely destination?

It's only been a week or so since Clowney's coach was quoted as saying Auburn was making a strong push for him. I don't think anybody should be betting the farm on signing this guy just yet.

No, but the kept Victor Hampton who many think is as good or better. In 2009 they all but shutdown the state. Of course, in 2008 they let AJ Greene slip out of state. So it's a bit of back and forth. What's your folks saying about Clowney's likely destination?

I do not really know. I do not follow recruiting until Feb when all said and done. I got too much going in my life to stress out over what high school kids do.

I do not really know. I do not follow recruiting until Feb when all said and done. I got too much going in my life to stress out over what high school kids do.

So, why are you reading recruiting threads in August? :poke:

you forgot to add BUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNN!!!! to the end of your post. BTW that was sarcasm (saying something you don't really mean).

• 2 weeks later...

Rivals has an article up about Clowney and Auburn's efforts to land him now, last I have no membership.

The guy is seeming to have fun with his recruitment ala Facebook'n that he's going to Alabama, then East Carolina before the 1st game of his season. Maybe his ego fits well with Saban. They could get hitch'd and Nick could change his last name to Clowney-Saban.

There wasn't much in there about Auburn, just that he's deciding what his other visit will be and it's between AU and South Carolina. He gushed about bammer and so on.

There wasn't much in there about Auburn, just that he's deciding what his other visit will be and it's between AU and South Carolina. He gushed about bammer and so on.

...must be employed by ESPN.

• 4 months later...

This is a Pryor situation all over again. Another nationally #1 recruit who so enjoys the limelight that he delays his announcement until days after NSD.

Now I understand that a lot is riding on his decision and that there's nothing that says he HAS to committ on NSD, but just overlooking his entire recruitment which has lasted for oh lets say 2 full years AT LEAST and factor in his social media antics...Clowney likes the attention.

This is a Pryor situation all over again. Another nationally #1 recruit who so enjoys the limelight that he delays his announcement until days after NSD.

Now I understand that a lot is riding on his decision and that there's nothing that says he HAS to committ on NSD, but just overlooking his entire recruitment which has lasted for oh lets say 2 full years AT LEAST and factor in his social media antics...Clowney likes the attention.

It is my understanding from his coach that he is a very quiet kid and only talks to people on the phone if he has known them for years. His coach also stated he is taking this very seriously and wants to research each school in depth. He is #1 why not separate yourself from the pack? Why can't a kid who appears to have worked hard to get where he is enjoy it?

In the end he might be a jackwagon and I will eat my words but from what I see that doesn't appear to be the case. Clemson came back up because of coaching connections and proximity to home and I am sure Bowers leaving didn't hurt

It is my understanding from his coach that he is a very quiet kid and only talks to people on the phone if he has known them for years. His coach also stated he is taking this very seriously and wants to research each school in depth. He is #1 why not separate yourself from the pack? Why can't a kid who appears to have worked hard to get where he is enjoy it?

In the end he might be a jackwagon and I will eat my words but from what I see that doesn't appear to be the case. Clemson came back up because of coaching connections and proximity to home and I am sure Bowers leaving didn't hurt

You must have missed the bolded comment. Words that come from Clowney himself have more merit, to me, than what his coach has to say about him. I never said that there is anything wrong with having fun during the recruiting process. Clowney's fun reminds me of the Willie Williams situation.

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting read...

At first, it's a big thrill when coaches like Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier call. But by the middle of the year, that feeling wore off. Now I just let the calls go to voice mail. What else can they tell me? I would say, though, that Alabama and South Carolina have done the best job of recruiting me. I'm comfortable with them, and it's probably because they keep calling every week. I changed my phone number once, but it wasn't because of the coaches. It was the calls from recruiting sites. They ask the same questions over and over: "Who's in your top 10? What schools are you visiting?" I got tired of that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?page=/JadeveonClowneyInOwnWords

What a douche tip. He's hitting bit*h button on calls from Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier? Wow.

He'll have a stellar career in the Richland County Jail that is... South Carolina football. Enjoy celebrating that 1969 ACC championship, 'Clown.

What a douche tip. He's hitting bit*h button on calls from Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier? Wow.

He'll have a stellar career in the Richland County Jail that is... South Carolina football. Enjoy celebrating that 1969 ACC championship, 'Clown.

Sooooo another one you don't want?

Oh, no. I want him.

So do you. Neither will get him.

I think the only difference is we wont cry for the next 6 months if we don't get him.

One thing about us we know just because they have a 5 star by thier name dosen't mean crap...

Look at Justin Tuck one of the best in the NFL. Did you know Justin was not recruited by ANYONE!! He was here in all our backyards and no one went after him. He walked on at Notre Dame now he is one of the best players in the NFL. You just can not read so much into this 5 star thing.

And I won't make fun of him for picking a school that beat my school and played in Atlanta when my school was home watching.

And I won't make fun of him for picking a school that beat my school and played in Atlanta when my school was home watching.

One loss to South Carolina does not remove the right to make fun of them. They're still a jock sniffer despite their "magical" 9-5 season.

Kinda' like your school and Vanderbilt. Though you lost to them in your last meeting, I still think you have room to criticize the mighty 'Dores. You don't?

Sure, but Vandy has never won their Division. Generally, South Carolina is a dumpster fire. At present, that seems silly to even say. They won the East last year, and they're probably going to win the division again next year. Florida is going to go through a transition. They don't have an every down tailback, and I genuinely think they'll struggle to put points on the board in a pro style offense. UGA is a wreck. A talented wreck, but a wreck nonetheless. UT is building from the wreckage of Fulmer's final years and Lane's fly-by-night.

Right now, South Carolina is the class of the East, and it's going to be a Top 20 team next year unless something really crazy happens. Your statement is as silly as Lane Kiffin's pot-shot at Alshon Jeffrey (after he went to Carolina, Kiffen said he would end up "pumping gas"). For the time being, Carolina is a legit team, and they will remain so by getting guys like this.

One loss to South Carolina does not remove the right to make fun of them. They're still a jock sniffer despite their "magical" 9-5 season.

Kinda' like your school and Vanderbilt. Though you lost to them in your last meeting, I still think you have room to criticize the mighty 'Dores. You don't?

At least we haven't lost to LaMonroe.

Oh, no. I want him.

So do you. Neither will get him.

So you want a douche tip (your words). Figures, he would fit right in at bama.

Archived